Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: 9/11: Where were you on the day of the attacks?

United Empire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    British & Irish
    Ancestry
    England & Scotland, Ireland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2a5a1
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    Rhode Island Rhode Island
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Black-Smiter
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    ᚢᚦᛁᚾ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    344 Posts
    Downtown Manchester, Connecticut near town hall. I went right over to the government building and asked for contact information to communicate with those in charge of crisis management the matter of whom I thought was responsible: Russia and/or China had the most to gain from targeting the destruction of symbols of capitalism in NYC and military might in DC, with the means to deputise terrorists for achieving those aims and humiliation of the US being end result. Nobody had greater motive than the vengeful Communists who crumbled ten years ago in 1991, to see an implosive clash of civilisations between Christians and Muslims, then walk right in and take over the world. When bin Laden was tied to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, that all made sense--he was their Ho Chi Minh. It wouldn't be the first time the Reds set up some fall guys to do their dirty work in one proxy war after another and this, all the while disclaiming any responsibility. Watch Adlai Stevenson grill the Soviet ambassador about the Cuban missile crisis:

I didn't have any money to send and don't believe in donating blood, nor was I working in public safety, so thought I helped out the way I could. The last I was in Manhattan was 1999 and with my high school, but if I went there at the time, I'd be in everybody's way and get sick just like all the first responders.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 12:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-U106>L48
    mtDNA
    H3af
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Single parent
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    I was driving on I-24 on my way to college classes. I heard a radio personality start talking about planes crashing into the WTC, thought it was a bad joke since it was a comedy program being broadcast. Naturally the mood at school was very somber that day as we watched the events unfold on televisions in the common rooms.
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KYAnglo For This Useful Post:

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,504 Posts
    At home, chilling like a villain. High school had just ended for me. I was chatting on IRC and was alerted by other chatters, it was the only subject dominating all chatrooms back then - and I suppose after the second plane hit the WTC - only then did what initially could've been a disaster turn into a terror attack for the media who were covering it.

I remember some little things such as one of the chatters I was talking to while I was watching TV saying she was glad her husband would never pass a military medical examination because of his flat feet - fearing the world was at war now; back in those first few hours the internet was teeming with rumours. One of these was that the U.S. had already nuked or bombed Pakistan in retaliation.

My go-to memory is me rushing down the staircase as fast as I could screaming "Dad! Dad! It's WAR! America is under attack!" after finding out what was going on. I suppose the Pentagon had also been hit by then, because I remember telling my dad it was on fire as well when I turned on the TV in the livingroom for him.

I had some dumb ideas about the whole event at the time, however - I was rather transatlanticist back then (I watched way too many American Cold War era movies in the Nineties) - but at least I was based enough to come to the logical conclusion that we should deport all Muslims straightaway. Argued with boomer mother about this too, she of course didn't see the merits of my suggestion.

The initial panic was over when evening fell over Western Europe, but the legacy of 9/11 had only just begun to develop - the Patriot Act, the restrictions and increased checking of passengers on airports, the conspiracy explosion, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the rise of Islam cricital parties and thinkers across Europe and the start of a new era. And less than three years later I no longer believed in the official narrative of 9/11.

But 9/11 was horrible yet magical. It was the day of Days - no day before or after was quite like 9/11 for someone born after the Fifties I would think. It's just "that day", at least to me it is. The most macabre spectacle I've ever seen on television, I wonder if I'll ever be that shocked again by something on a screen. And given the attack on the Pentagon and the crashed hijacked plane in Pennsylvania, anything seemed possible at the time of the terror attacks. Plus, unlike every other terror attack since, this one came out of the blue - this was the first major act of terrorism of the internet age and we were glued to our screens.

If you were too young to be aware of what happened or not born yet - which is the case for zoomers - you can't truly understand the emotional rollercoaster we were all on that day. I've noticed that whenever the subject comes up in the presence of zoomers they seem underwhelmed by it, which is normal. I guess all of us talk less and less about it too and even the Truther movement seems to have fizzled out, eventually.
    “War is waged by men; not by beasts, or by gods. It is a peculiarly human activity. To call it a crime against mankind is to miss at least half its significance; it is also the punishment of a crime.” - Frederic Manning, The Middle Parts of Fortune

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Anachronism
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    494 Posts
    I was on my way out the door when a co-worker called and told me about the plane crashing into 1WTC. As soon as I arrived at work, I noticed that they had the TV on and right away we all saw the second plane hit. We all knew it was a deliberate attack at that moment.

9/11 was an inflection point in our culture and national consciousness. We had been in decline for a long time, but the attacks seemed to shine light on that decline. The internet was here and ideas that were not what mainstream media and the government wanted us to believe spread very quickly. The wider world became far less innocent as a result.
    [02-10, 17:07] Chlodovech: cats may have a reason for meowing too

[02-10, 17:08] renownedwolf: same reason as the missus then.. give me stuff/affection..though she doesnt need me to let her out in the garden for a poo..

[02-10, 17:09] Chlodovech: that's more than I can say of Thoreidar

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 11:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    That day I was in training, the guys and I played football. I came home and my parents told about the tragedy that had happened, the TV was turned on for the whole, the whole family was listening to the news and my parents were probably expecting some good news. I don't know, I didn't really understand what happened then, because I was only 10 years old.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayBur For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 05:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Being a college student at the time, I was at home eating breakfast and turned on the news. I saw the first live footage of the 2nd plane hitting the World Trade Center. I knew it was a terrorist attack immediately. Most people who have been red pilled expected something in New York area due to mass immigration problems and crime rates. There was already one WTC attempt in '93 with the garage bombing. We had our early warnings and went to sleep.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011