Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Re: Is paganism a viable alternative? @Leofric

Thank you, Taras Bulba.

I have just now see this thread, and I think it's a great answer to my earlier question. I think you're probably right in your assessment of what it would take for resurgent paganism to be a unifying force for European society.

I look forward to the future installments fo the thread!

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    The true question is, how any non-Germanic Heathenry is a viable alternative to our default. There is no truly Folkish answer to this, because all are indefencible and predicated upon universalising culture in a cosmopolitan fashion. Let's all be held by the same standards of right and wrong? Fine, but aesthetics? No, that's where Christianity is entirely wrong. It's also untrue to say that Heathenry had no standards, whereas all the standards Semites supposedly champion as their righteousness are habitually skirted for expediency. Semitic religions do not have a patent or corner the market on morals and are rather deficient in crucial matters to the point of extreme hypocrisy, because they do NOT have family values and are responsible for most perversions and sexual mutilations as well as child abuse. There is no good reason to follow Abraham in this light. Roman law said a man has only one wife, but Moses allowed harems and that's the book upon which Christianity is based. Paul agreed to let the Gentiles keep this standard, but it was alien to the Hebrew Apostles, even Paul himself. It was just like a recruitment bonus; you get to keep some habits but mostly prostrate yourself willy-nilly to the point of atomisation from who you were, in being 'born again' by 'amazing grace', so your 'old life' is thrown away.

The Septuagint was Greek and the Vulgate was Latin, but they were translations of Hebrew and Aramaic, so deliberately adopted Judaisations, especially the Vulgate being based on the Hebrew Masoretic translation that purged the Greek texts of the Septuagint for being Goy 'pollutions'. This just shows what kind of cyanide pill the Vatican has Rome swallowing, but all Protestant translations insist on repeating this formula of Hebraic monomania. I wouldn't mind a Pagan Roman Empire of the Germanic Nation one bit, but the version the Pope stands for is making an Israelite Roman Empire, as much or more so than the Germanic Protestants who are sterotyped as being wannabe Jews--who pioneered this self-abasement? I'd much rather Judea be a province of Rome than Rome be a province of Judea. In this, the Byzantines kept the right legacy of imperial supremacy over religion, as Constantine was Pontifex Maximus. This same principle holds true in Germanic Protestant nations, where the King is head of the churches there, as was the case of the Arian East Germanics. Catholics throw this away to be Judaised by a man in a silk gown whose official stance is that of the Shakers, in there somehow being purity by celibacy--this leading to child molestation and homosexuality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12