European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quite Troender looking Welshman

I think he could easily pass for a Scandinavian...

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Re: Quite Troender looking Welshman

Lapp admix is visible, look at those eyes... also widescreen TV growing out of his cheek, that is a Lapp trait

To be serious, yes Troender-tastic.

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yes, it's a shame all the 'good genes' have been wasted on the chubby Bruenn girl in the first picture.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Nausea View Post
    Yes, it's a shame all the 'good genes' have been wasted on the chubby Bruenn girl in the first picture.
    Physically asymetical relationships probably more likely in small communities... my idea of Wales would be that these two are from a small town..... Wales is quite sparsely populated. In any case, if I had to guess I'd say that the baby looks Bruenn too.

His phenotype will re-emerge in a couple of generations... just in time to form a 50/50 Troender-Somali hybrid (should immigration continue at present rates).

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Don't make Agrippa more upset.

Seriously, who decide what is good or bad genes?

I suppose he is better looking and could do better in terms of looks. He sure is more fit than her but it cannot been a long time ago she was pregnant if that child is theirs.

I agree with OneFakeSaxon, a guy with his look would get more attention in a large city and it would have been more surprising to see them together. But has she always been that chubby? Her face is not that ugly. I think she has a nice smile. I think there are two kind of beautiful women.

This is how I think. One is the leptosomatic or mesomorphic, stunning/sexy/mature type of woman and the other type is more pyknic, cute and peadomorphic. She is obviously the second type. I got the impression that many guys are attracted to this type for a long-term relationship, although I'm not sure if this type stay as beautiful in old age. One could use other adjectives but you get my point.

Cybill Shepherd is the stunning type.

Thora Birch is the cute type.

Some guys do not care much about looks. I knew a quite a handsome Swedish guy with a very chubby girl, who was not even cute. She was intelligent and studied psychology. I guess they had a lot to share and that is also important in a long-term relationship. I found that, unless you only seek a housewife, that it is also very important to have a partner you can discuss with and is at the same level (often social class) as yourself.

Irish Brünns and some Norwegian Trönders are actually similar looking. I have seen his phenotype more among Scots than Welshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nausea View Post

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

They are from Swansea in South Wales (that may go some way in explaining his phenotype). I think that many Welsh guys prefer to date short and curvy girls here, that seems to be the conventional perception of beauty. Especially people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, they see them as more maternal than taller and skinnier girls. Besides that, most Welsh men are relatively short, so if they were to date taller girls they would feel insecure. The average height around where I live is 5"8.

I explained about Swansea in some other threads. There seems to be a significant Nordic population here. By that I mean not only Nordids but more robust types such as Borrebies and Faelids. A lot of it is due to English immigration, but the city itself used to be a viking outpost - Swansea is actually derived from a viking leader called 'Swensi'. The Normans also had many interests in the Gower peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenlivet
    I have seen his phenotype more among Scots than Welshmen.
    Yes of course, I wasn't trying to feign some Welsh Germanic-ness by posting this guy. His phenotype is certainly rare in Wales, most people are Mediterranean looking (including myself). This type certainly does exist though. I agree it's more common in Scotland and East England.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, July 5th, 2009 @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lapp admixture? i am quite certain that not a single lapp has ever lived in the British Isle.

progressive indeed, reminds of Bruce Willis in the second picture.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I know of a small town couple, woman is rather unpleasant combo of Brunn+Med, man is what you call Gota type.

In these small communities, peer pressure is less (of who you are seen with), people wear less spectacular, workmanlike clothing, drive runabout cars, etc etc. Quite a different pace/mindset to city life.

Probably urban areas, people get "sifted" over generations in terms of physical presence/beauty so that physical class differences emerge, whereas rural areas that is not the case.

Edit:

Nausea, have you been to "little England beyond Wales" in the south of Wales? Apparently English/Norman/Flemish types are prevalent, their accent only has slight Welsh lilt.

Are those folk seen as foreign to Wales, by the Welsh? Do they look or sound different, or not really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_...d_beyond_Wales

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneFakeSaxon View Post
    In these small communities, peer pressure is less (of who you are seen with), people wear less spectacular, workmanlike clothing, drive runabout cars, etc etc. Quite a different pace/mindset to city life.
    I think that the lack of selective pressures in such areas can explain in part why there are more Cromagnid forms in rural Britain than in the cities. This is especially true for rural Wales, most men there resemble the stereotypical Paleo-Atlantid coalminer.

Nausea, have you been to "little England beyond Wales" in the south of Wales? Apparently English/Norman/Flemish types are prevalent, their accent only has slight Welsh lilt.

Are those folk seen as foreign to Wales, by the Welsh? Do they look or sound different, or not really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_...d_beyond_Wales
    Yes, in many many ways Pembrokeshire is similar to Gower. I've been there a couple of times to surf. There has been lots of English immigration into South and West Wales for centuries, and as a result we've become a whole lot more Anglocised. I wouldn't go so far as to say the English (presumably by this you mean, Nordid) phenotypes are prevalent. There is certainly a lot more Nordid phenotypes than in Northern Wales, but still the majority of people are darker in pigmentation. Most people around here actually have a divergence towards an English accent. My family in Wales are mixed English-Welsh and as a result my accent tends towards an English one as well.

I wouldn't say they are seen as foreign by the other Walians. If you go into the valleys then sometimes you'll get roughed up for having a posh (as they see it) accent, but nothing too serious. In some ways my friends and I actually associate more with the English than the Welsh speakers. There used to be a lot of resentment towards the English but that's pretty much dissipated now. I remember some Welsh 'terrorist' organisation who set fire to English holidaymaker homes on the coast. They called themselves the Sons of Glyndwr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Glyndwr

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

It never occured to me, one of the factors why Welsh nationalism lags behind Scottish nationalism could be the "enemy population within".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast