Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post AW: Who Owns Your Body

The only one who owns my body is myself. Why should anotherone owns something that always be mine since i've been born?

I didnt understand the question i think?

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: AW: Who Owns Your Body

Quote Originally Posted by The Unforgiven
    The only one who owns my body is myself. Why should anotherone owns something that always be mine since i've been born?

I didnt understand the question i think?
    You answered it adequately. The question was who has a right to your body.

A question for those who claim to own their body: if I punched your body, you would think, and feel, instantly that I have hit you. In which case, you and your body are inseperable. So you cannot own your body anymore than a knive can engrave itself.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

a.k.a. Slå ring om Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Arkansas Arkansas
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: Who Owns Your Body

I don`t trust anarchists. Sorry, nothing personal.

Agustinik: it`s ok med Pesos, if the exchange rate is decent. Tank you for the info conc.: your (not) being an ant.
    As for your Freudian mistake wealthy-healthy: it`s not so mistaken after all. Wealthy people are usually more healthy. But the principle is the same: who`s going to choose.

And the limit between cripple and healthy child should be set by medics specialized in genetic defects and eugenics. I think that children with strong defects are those who should be aborted, more when that defect is hereditary.”

When a strong defect is hereditary, the child will usually not become a parent in later life – the one frightening exception being f. ex. Huntington`s chorea, which sets in late in the procreative phase.
    Medics specialized in genetic diseases – yes, one could think of a list f serious diseases and suggest abortion (parents refusing it should then be alone responsible for all expenses due to the disease if the child is born). But the problem is, that the vast majority of serious diseases is polygenic and, as yet unpredictable. Which means that, in order to remove all cripples from the society would need mercy killing. And this means some hard choices. I, as a doctor, would hate such a job.

Now to buzz and tobacco: sure, you are right: the health of a society is most important. I mentioned the article from BMJ as a joke. For, as a matter of fact, it is an economic plus for a society to have people smoke. Take it as one of the signs that the present system is rotten. I do.

OK, but a really healthy State would provide a good training for those who are going to fight. However, healthy states have very big armies and don´t need to call their reserves or civilians.”

My example with conscription was just – an example. Being a member of a community means that you have some rights and duties. One could say, the same way: the society owns your body because you have to drag your carcass out of the bed every morning and go to school or wherever you go… But is it ownership? What does it mean to OWN something, anyway? It means, imo, to have a right to do something with the thing. Society makes you wake up, shave etc… So, it`s like …time share (of your body).

A to disposal of corpses: as long as a particular disposal does not harm the society decisively, I still think that religious and other feelings should be respected. The ultimate utilitarism would be to make a food for pigs out of old human corpses: probably the most efficient means of disposal. Tastes good, Nibelung?

See yo,

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 7th, 2007 @ 09:10 PM
    Subrace
    Finno-Ugric Nordic Race
    Single
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Who Owns Your Body

The One with the Mind owns also the passage to the materialistic dimension; a body.

I believe that body is a dwelling place of spirit and thus could be seen as a part of the consept of being "human" or any living self-aware creature. (Who and what is who?)

In this kind of question it ought to be defined what is a human or what does he represent. There's certain idea behind all activity of a person.

Body is only an instrument to perform spiritual play of ideas in the middle of the universe.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678