Politics
    Capitalism seems to work....
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Liberal Christianity is disintegrating, says Catholic columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator X View Post
    Do you guys really believe in being redeemed in the blood of the lamb and all that? What of your pagan ancestors who had no knowledge of Christianity? What of your friends who do not believe? What about the fact that the Church cannot produce a reliable line back to Peter? What of the pagan customs and doctrines which were absorbed into the ROMAN Church? I find it hard to believe that Jesus believed in a hierarchical Latin-speaking church (the language of the people who killed him, Crucifixion was carried out as punishment by the Romans, not the Jews who preferred stoning.) with extremely wealthy churches engulfed in scandal and with such a decadent and wicked history.

If anything the Catholic church is the anti-christ.. the Woman (the Church is always personified as feminine.) riding a beast from 7 hills. (Rome)

You guys just know you like all the glitz and glamour. Make sure to address all of my points.

has the church tried to produce a line back to peter? what need does it have for that sort of thing? peter, I believe was celibate anyway, so any line would be only spiritually (which certainly exists) or physical contact, which isnt really a line anyway.

Why does it matter if some catholic tradition has been absorbed? the core beliefs remain centrally of a Judeo-christian perspective.

Jesus spoke some latin. I dont think a language is a good way to argue if Jesus would have wanted it spoken, dont you remember how toungues of fire came upon the apostles and they spoke many languages by the Holy Spirit?

yes, I do believe in "all that." I respect my ancestors as germanics without Christianity as much as I respect my ancestors as germanics with Christianity.

In other threads we've established this is possible so I wont rehash myself,

suffice it to say I do believe.
    every year is getting shorter, never seen to find the time,
    plans that either come to nought, or half a page of scribble lines,
    hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way;
    the time has come, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say.

Last Online
    Friday, July 13th, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    Cartographer
    Politics
    Nordish Seperatist, Moderate
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Re: Liberal Christianity is disintegrating, says Catholic columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Gundahar View Post
    The topic is not about churches, but about "the church", ecclesia catholica, you know. And during the last 40 years it became as liberal as a leftwing party. You cant keep your believers following this religion, while saying anything goes. That doesnt work with christianity.
    The first article in the thread largely discussed the Episcopol church. This is what I was responding to. The article mention an Episcopol church in Texas that broke away from the main denomination, adopted a more conservative theology, and prospered. As I said, I've witnessed similar things myself in other protestant churches, and they need not even break away from the main church in order to do well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123