Thread: Is the Universe infinite or not?

Kaotiksoul6sic6

Post Is the Universe infinite or not?

ok do you think the universe is infinite or not i myself believe that not the universe is infinite but the space the multiverses span i believe that at the end of our universe is another universe that is the same but there was a different choice made somewhere along the lines no matter how small the decision there is another universe that chose that so with all the choices made during one hour all around the universe the multiverses would be expanding constantly

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have many thoughts about this eternity, but two of the ones I dwell most by, is:

1 the universe is expanding constantly (but which material is it expanding upon? nothingness?)

2 the universe is eternal but correlated somehow so that the beginning is the begining of the end, we are somehow coming back to the start at one point.

Kaotiksoul6sic6

I dont think there is one point in whice the universe starts i think its kind of like a sphere a spere does not have a start point unless it is travelling on a line know what im sayin

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well that was actually my point, sorry I must have explained my self so it could be misunderstood. it was not the intention.

Kaotiksoul6sic6

its probably me im a former druggy so i made some mistakes which make me really slow sometimes

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well use that to your benefit, you seen things and felt atmospheres that were surrealistic to some extent.
    It has helped to create your personality as we see it today.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

When I was younger, I always asked myself just what the universe IS.....

I came up with a theory that all the planets and suns etc... are to something bigger as atoms are to us. This means the universe is just a small part of something bigger. Unfortunately there's no way to prove or disprove this.

I don't know what the universe is, I don't know what it's made out of or why, or if there could be something totally different further up, at a different level, or farther away. It's completely unfathomable. Too bad the limits of mans mind is only to expand upon knowledge we know and fit it to known patterns instead of totally creating something new and different in idea. All ideas we know now have evolved from one basic idea, just like people have evolved from one basic form of life. So maybe the universe evolves too.......

Kaotiksoul6sic6

one of my old friends once said that our universe is just a science project sitting in some supreme beings closet never to be touched again

little_wing

our universe is just a science project sitting in some supreme beings closet never to be touched again
    Haha! That was a funny one...

NordicPower, I really agree with you. Our minds are simply too limited to understand the universe. We're even too limited to understand ourselves! Someone once said that "if our brain was so simple that we could understand it, we'd be too stupid to understand it anyway...." The thing is that we're unable to imagine something that's different than what we already know. Let's say the universe is infinite. Humans have a really hard time grasping that, because we cannot grasp infinity. In our minds, everything HAS TO have an end. But does it? Have to have an end, I mean. Just because we cannot imagine it, doesn't mean it isn't so.