View Poll Results: Should Germany regain its land?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Austria

38 22.49%
  • Territories gained during 1871-1918

88 52.07%
  • Territories gained during 1939-1945

53 31.36%
  • Its colonies

17 10.06%
  • Other

24 14.20%
  • None

19 11.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Germany's Lost Land

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Germany`s lost land

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig
    I doubt so. One big Grossdeutschland including so many non-German territories?
    German territories are where germans live.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Germany`s lost land

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger
    German territories are where germans live.
    Agreed, and Europe is where Europeans live, wherever that may be.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 @ 06:17 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Germany's lost land

Quote Originally Posted by Spjabork
    Could you explain, please, what exactly you mean by that? In a linguistical sense, 'change' is a so called "not very meaningful word". I. e. it must always be further specified.

Claiming for those "territories" obviously would imply a "change" in the actual "statu quo" of the European Union. Some "national" goverments would not see it gratefully. But if European Union was composed upon an ethnic and cultural basis it would be easier to claim for those territories. An "ethnic" Europan Union probably would be more sympathetic who knows?

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig
    So, Germans don't live in all the territories on that map.
    That's why it's not german

My notion comes rather from the statement of expansion, like Germany should only get german land back, then what is german land?
    Now there are living Poles so it is polish land, we have as much right to get this polish land back as we have the right to get any land we want.

To the question what land Germany should get, the answer can only be: As much as Germany needs.

One has to consider what the german people actually are though, so that doesn't mean everyone else should get exterminated
    Race is the base
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That's why it's not german
    Sorry, but I disagree. Though I am not impartial nor impassionate on that, for both my parents were born in the now lost territories, towards the end of the war.
    My notion comes rather from the statement of expansion, like Germany should only get german land back, then what is german land?
    As I wrote in the "Did Stalin...?" thread: East Prussia and Silesia have been German since the middle of the 13th century. They are more German than any overseas territories are English.
    Now there are living Poles so it is polish land, we have as much right to get this polish land back as we have the right to get any land we want.
    As my father always said: the Poles, also the Checks don't do much in these border areas. Go there and have a look. They themselves expect that they must leave them some day.
    To the question what land Germany should get, the answer can only be: As much as Germany needs.
    I think we need Silesia. The Empress Maria Theresia said: "Without the pearl Silesia the whole Hapsburg Crown is worthless."

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Well after rethinking I agree, not totally though, afterall most of the achievments in architecture and infrastructure are german, so yes, abit more justified

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

AW: Re: Germany's lost land

As I wrote in the "Did Stalin...?" thread: East Prussia and Silesia have been German since the middle of the 13th century.
    They have been Germanic much longer than that. The name "Silesia" refers to a tribe of the Vandals.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=29174
    Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Well, why would we want more land in the first place?

Why do people need land?

I am not saying I don't want these territories back, I voted 1918 actually, but justification comes with strength, nothing else.

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 08:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's true. The Italian government has - almost by force - caused some 50.000 Italians, mostly from southern Italy, to settle in South Tyrol, especially in and around Bozen. Now these aliens are treated as if they were the same company as the natives. They have the same say in all matters concerning Tyrol. Certainly they would not like Germany.

And then of course comes the brain wash. The Tyrolians were told in the last 60 years that all Germans are "Nazis" and that it is not good to belong to them. For that matter, it is much better to be an Italian Fascist. For the Italian Fascists at least cuddled the Jews and didn't gass them.

They also were told - very much the same way as in Elsass-Lothringen by the French government - that South Tyrol "never existed in history", and that this area since ancient times "belonged" to "Italy".

Though it was infact Italy which never existed in history till 1860.
    I was talking about South Tyrolians' opinion and not about what Italian residents may think, which is irrilevant
    The latest surveys published in Italy, commissioned by a branch of SVP party, denoted that actually around the 60% of the interviewed people want the separation of their nation from Italy and that half of this 60% wants to join Austria while the other haf would prefer an indipendent South Tyrol

Considering the source of this survey (a nationalistic party) it's rather unprobable that they interviewed ethnic Italians asking to decide South Tyrol's fate..and even if they did that, still the division inside that 60% make me think that perhaps the idea of a great Germany is not seen so positively in this side of the Brenner tunnel

btw, Italians are not treated in the same way as South Tyrolians, in the Bozen county they have some special laws that define pretty clearly some distinct lines between the local population and the immigrants, for example in each municipality public workplaces are assignated according to the percentage of the resident Italian/South Tyroleans, perhaps you should get more infos next time
    Last edited by Gesta Bellica; Wednesday, July 19th, 2006 at 11:19 PM.

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 @ 06:15 PM
    Subrace
    West-baltid + nordid
    Almost progressive
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well i surely support that all lands what have been german for ages and what after the ww2 was plundered, should give back to germans.Or should i say that the map of Germany in august 1939 would be rather correct.

Though modern Germany seems to be rather divided and polluted my multiculturalism like whole europe but still..

Nice to hear, that the most national european are for germany getting his raped land back. Would you also support (in case of need military) germany getting the raped land back?
    Im afraid this matter depend only from politics and military operation is closed option.

But if EU would decide together that it wants the borders of the 1939,it would sure be more realistic.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast