View Poll Results: Are the ostdeutsch 'Germanic?'

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The ostdeutsch are 'Germanic' in terms of genetic heritage?

    8 50.00%
  • The ostdeutsch are not 'Germanic' in terms of genetic heritage?

    8 50.00%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Are the Ostdeutsch 'Germanic?'

  1. #1
    . "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    .
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Religion
    +
    Posts
    848
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Post Are the Ostdeutsch 'Germanic?'

    Are the ostdeutsch 'Germanic?' Cast your vote! Ja oder nein. Suomut says: Ja!

  2. #2
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 24th, 2005 @ 11:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Posts
    1,059
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Suomut2_13
    Are the ostdeutsch 'Germanic?' Cast your vote! Ja oder nein. Suomut says: Ja!
    Hmmm... Can you please define what makes one "Germanic" in terms of genetic heritage? For instance, according to Coon, Prussians are descended of predominantly Baltic stock. Genetics bears this out. In my opinion, Eastern Germans are genetically a mix of ancient Baltic, Germanic, and Slavic elements. The Baltic appears to be most important.

  3. #3
    None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 09:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Ja.

  4. #4
    . "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    .
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Religion
    +
    Posts
    848
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Patriot
    Hmmm... Can you please define what makes one "Germanic" in terms of genetic heritage? For instance, according to Coon, Prussians are descended of predominantly Baltic stock. Genetics bears this out. In my opinion, Eastern Germans are genetically a mix of ancient Baltic, Germanic, and Slavic elements. The Baltic appears to be most important.
    For the purposes of this poll, the status of 'Germanic' means being descended from one or more of the ancient 'Germanic' tribes of Europe as defined generally by MAINSTREAM 'scholarship.' It is impossible to PROVE descent from these old tribes, therefore this is a NON-SCIENTIFIC poll, it is merely a subjective affair of views, opinions, and beliefs--this is what I want to see from this site on this topic: how many think the ostdeutsch are 'Germanic' or 'non-Germanic' in terms of descent from the ancient 'Germanic' tribes. That's all, nothing complicated.

  5. #5
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 24th, 2005 @ 11:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Posts
    1,059
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Suomut2_13
    For the purposes of this poll, the status of 'Germanic' means being descended from one or more of the ancient 'Germanic' tribes of Europe as defined generally by MAINSTREAM 'scholarship.' It is impossible to PROVE descent from these old tribes, therefore this is a NON-SCIENTIFIC poll, it is merely a subjective affair of views, opinions, and beliefs--this is what I want to see from this site on this topic: how many think the ostdeutsch are 'Germanic' or 'non-Germanic' in terms of descent from the ancient 'Germanic' tribes. That's all, nothing complicated.
    OK, thank you for the clarification. To answer your question, no, I do not think that East Germans are descended predominantly from the ancienic Germanic tribes. The Baltic sub-stratum in their population seems to be more important.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Stríbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Last Online
    Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 @ 11:45 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Location
    Where Rust Belt meets Farm Belt
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Environmentalism and eugenics
    Religion
    occultism & Nature worship
    Posts
    2,163
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Patriot
    OK, thank you for the clarification. To answer your question, no, I do not think that East Germans are descended predominantly from the ancienic Germanic tribes. The Baltic sub-stratum in their population seems to be more important.
    I agree. Genetics and historical evidence have both shown that Prussia is more Baltic than anything else, and Silesia is largely Slavic. Slavs were in control of territory reaching almost to the Elbe for a long period of time.

  7. #7
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Gender
    Politics
    Putinism
    Posts
    5,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    I voted "yes".

  8. #8
    Senior Member cosmocreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Age
    54
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Posts
    3,864
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Stríbog
    .... and Silesia is largely Slavic. Slavs were in control of territory reaching almost to the Elbe for a long period of time.
    What the hell are you talking about? Since "Slavic" is linguistic and not racial, your statement is absolutely stupid. "slavs" like you live in a fantasy world of historic fairy tales, so you can place claims on our land.

    Old prussia was the settlement aerea of the Goths, north east of them in the blatic were the tribes of the Aestir and Sitonen. The Vandals had their seat at the lower vistula river in what today is Silesia and Krakow.
    You are just preparing the propagandistic fundament and reasoning for your next expansion westwards. How I hate you Panslavs!
    .

    IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

    http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

  9. #9
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Gender
    Politics
    Putinism
    Posts
    5,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Brandt
    What the hell are you talking about? Since "Slavic" is linguistic and not racial, your statement is absolutely stupid. "slavs" like you live in a fantasy world of historic fairy tales, so you can place claims on our land.

    Old prussia was the settlement aerea of the Goths, north east of them in the blatic were the tribes of the Aestir and Sitonen. The Vandals had their seat at the lower vistula river in what today is Silesia and Krakow.
    You are just preparing the propagandistic fundament and reasoning for your next expansion westwards. How I hate you Panslavs!
    Stribog is actually mostly (if what he says is true) of Germanic heritage. But I still cannot comprehend his recent (only in the past year or so) anti-Germanic sentiments, and nowadays also anti-British and anti-Irish ones. Needless to say, you are correct Dr. Brandt.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Location
    Deutſchland
    Gender
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Posts
    1,628
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Post

    Of course yes. And from their ancestry: German-Slavic-Baltic with regional differences of the composition.

    And again: there was not only a Germanisation of Slavic and Baltic speaking (in East Prussia) populations from the 12th century till 1400, but also a massive German colonisation and new cleraring and settlement.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Germanic Rotterdam & Germanic San Diego; of Equal Importance?
    By OneEnglishNorman in forum Questions About Germanics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Monday, September 24th, 2018, 03:11 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, April 26th, 2016, 04:31 PM
  3. Replies: 109
    Last Post: Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •