Pan-Germanic MeritAristocracy
    Religion
    Heiðinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Quotes, Poems and different Statements

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane" (Marcus Aurelius).

"...The moral man is a lower species than the immoral, a weaker species; indeed - he is a type in regard to morality, but not a type in himself; a copy...the measure of his value lies outside him. ... I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage; I do not account the evil and painful character of existence a reproach to it, but hope rather that it will one day be more evil and painful than hitherto..." (Nietzsche)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Quotes, Poems and different Statements

To do what is right, what duty and honor demand, without leering at thousandfold return of each noble deed in the afterlife.
    To love folk, fatherland and friends in a manly manner and to seal such love with blood.
    To stomp badness into the dust wherever you may find it - because that it 'has' to be bad doesn´t make it less ugly. You also efface adder and nettle although they cannot be blamed for not being nightingale and rose - and while doing so abdicating all happiness, only seeking this profound peace that is infinitely grave and grand like the glorious sky; and woeful, proud thoughts are ascending and declining there like gleaming stars. And to listen to the pulsation of the cosmic law, beating within our own breast like in the drive of the stars.

~
    out of "Ein Kampf um Rom" by Felix Dahn; clumsy translation by Zyklop

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Quotes, Poems and different Statements

Ha, where is this living god?
    I have searched the sky, the way of the stars, I have searched cruel nature, the more cruel history of man, and found no god except the right of the strongest, the necessity, the dreadfully sublime goddess whose gaze petrifies like that of Medusa.
    You are hiding in the mantle-folds of your imagined god, burying your head into his fatherly lap when fate is staring at you with its gorgon´s gaze. Well, it may be. But don´t berate the man who, returning the gaze, speaks: "There is no god!" even if he may become a stone thereof.
    Yes, smiling and crying are two graceful pleasures. But Prometheus didn´t smile when Pandora offered the beguiling box. But he also didn´t cry when force and strength forged his limbs to the rocks. And to the vulture that is rending his heart, well, to the vulture he got accustomed. And sooner fate became tired of torturing the titan before the titan would have given in.

~ out of "Ein Kampf um Rom" by Felix Dahn

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Sit on the bank of a river and wait: Your enemy's corpse will soon float by.
    -- Indian proverb.

Listen, my friend, there are two races of beings. The masses teeming and happy -- common clay, if you like -- eating, breeding, working, counting their pennies; people who just live; ordinary people; people you can't imagine dead. And then there are the others -- the noble ones, the heroes. The ones you can quite well imagine lying shot, pale and tragic; one minute triumphant with a guard of honor, and the next being marched away between two gendarmes.
    -- Jean Anouilh.

The mind is like a richly woven tapestry in which the colors are distilled from the experiences of the senses, and the design drawn from the convolutions of the intellect.
    -- Carson McCullers.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

A mistress never is nor can be a friend. While you agree, you are lovers; and when it is over, anything but friends.
    -- Lord Byron

As freely as the firmament embraces the world, or the sun pours forth impartially his beams, so mercy must encircle both friend and foe.
    -- Friedrich Schiller

We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.
    -- Christina Rossetti

In misfortune, which friend remains a friend?
    -- Euripides

Last Online
    5 Minutes Ago @ 08:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    814 Posts

"Death … It’s the only thing we haven’t succeeded in completely vulgarizing." - Huxley

"A group of politicians deciding to dump a President because his morals are bad is like the Mafia getting together to bump off the Godfather for not going to church on Sunday." - Russell Baker

'Anyone who clings to the historically untrue — and thoroughly immoral — doctrine that "violence never solves anything" I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." - Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

"God is on everyone's side... and in the last analysis, he is on the side with plenty of money and large armies." - Jean Anouilh

"The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Rumsfeld

"Pain is God's MEGAPHONE." - C.S. Lewis

"When justice is crushed, when evil rules supreme, then I come. For the protection of the good, for the destruction of the evil-doers, for the sake of firmly establishing righteousness, I am born in age after age." - Bhagavad-Gita 4.7-8

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficient [...] The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." - Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes." - Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to." - Howard Mumford Jones (1892-1980)

"Not the political doctrine of Hitler has hurled us into this war. The reason was the success of his increase in building a new economy. The roots of war were envy, greed and fear." - Major General J.F.C. Fuller, historian, England

"Thank you for not discussing the outside world." - Sign posted outside the Springfield Retirement Community (The Simpsons)

“Be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy be still a man.” - David Hume

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it." - John Adams

"As long as this deliberate refusal to understand things from above, even where such understanding is possible, continues, it is idle to talk of any final victory over materialism." - Lewis

"The New American Patriot will be neither left nor right, just a freeman fighting for liberty. New alliances will form between those who have in the past thought of themselves as rightwingers, conservatives, and patriots with many people who have thought of themselves as leftwingers, progressives, or just liberal." - Louis Beam

"Men were men, women were women, children acted like children, the elderly were respected -- and that's how it was supposed to be." - Frank Roman

"If you try to please everybody, somebody's not going to like it." - Rumsfeld

"We are a small, religious, and independent nation. To keep up with the rest of the world, we must defend our country. In view of past invasions by foreigners, our people may have to face certain difficulties, which they must disregard." - His Holiness the Dalai Lama XIII

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity:but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T. E. Lawrence

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

"Be formless like water so you may adopt all forms." - Bruce Lee

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

"There are families in which the father will say to his child, ‘You'll get a thick ear if you do that again’, while the mother, her eyes brimming over with tears, will take the child in her arms and murmur lovingly, ‘Now, darling, is it kind to Mummy to do that?’ And who would maintain that the second method is less tyrannous than the first? The distinction that really matters is not between violence and non-violence, but between having and not having the appetite for power." - George Orwell

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." - A. Whitney Brown
    “Tradition anchors our experience of time in memory and projects it into the future through hope.” – Rein Staal

Keeps your Whites Whiter.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    SkandoNordid/Nordicised Faelid
    Religion
    Heiðinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"
    For what not, if not now, is the great standard to be replaced: for what not if not whom is the great eradicator; for what not if not time itself is to be absolved in the mirth of Dionysian retribution and calamity! Lo and Behold the dime store imbecility below, as flows from the muddied into the mighty and is yet repelled again, and again, and again! Lively and lengthy still the quiescent arm of the mighty! As barer and witness to all things what went before, seen and unseen, in amusement of what has been but a moment of awe-inspiring recurrence. Inextinguishable!—The flame of the eternity to which we have been gifted and hold as bequest: you are requested: your attendance appreciated: the spectacle of atrophy below beckons and groans. In these most early days of the ancient, the Lion is of greater necessity—than is his priest.

SUUT
    "...The moral man is a lower species than the immoral, a weaker species; indeed - he is a type in regard to morality, but not a type in himself; a copy...the measure of his value lies outside him. ... I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage; I do not account the evil and painful character of existence a reproach to it, but hope rather that it will one day be more evil and painful than hitherto..." (Nietzsche)

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Religion
    Heiðinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I bought a dog the other day. . . . I named him Stay. It's fun to call him. . . . "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me and keeps typing.

Steven Wright

Sweet Misantropist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Currently dating
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Tribal, Social, Earthly
    Religion
    Gythia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

AW: Re: Quotes, Poems and different Statements

THE MOCKINGBIRD
    SIDNEY LANIER

SUPERB and sole, upon a plumèd spray
    That o'er the general leafage boldly grew,
    He summ'd the woods in song; or typic drew
    The watch of hungry hawks, the lone dismay
    Of languid doves when long their lovers stray, 5
    And all birds' passion-plays that sprinkle dew
    At morn in brake or bosky avenue.
    Whate'er birds did or dreamed, this bird could say.
    Then down he shot, bounced airily along
    The sward, twitched in a grasshopper, made song 10
    Midflight, perched, prinked, and to his art again.
    Sweet Science, this large riddle read me plain:
    How may the death of that dull insect be
    The life of yon trim Shakespeare on the tree?
    Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of children.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Religion
    Heiðinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"The ordinary man looking at a mountain is like an illiterate person confronted with a Greek manuscript."

Crowley

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast