View Poll Results: How would you describe your relation with your parents?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very good

33 28.21%
  • Good

24 20.51%
  • Average

18 15.38%
  • Not so good

10 8.55%
  • Bad

4 3.42%
  • Very bad and distant

10 8.55%
  • Good with mother, bad with father

12 10.26%
  • Good with father, bad with mother

6 5.13%
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Relationship With Your Parents

Last Online
    Thursday, April 21st, 2016 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How close are you with your family?

How close is everyone with their familys.Mother father sisters and brothers not marrage family.

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 29th, 2008 @ 10:52 PM
    Occupation
    RN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am very close to my mother. Even though we live 8 hours apart, we talk to eachother daily. She is my best friend

I love my dad too. He isn't a big talker, but we email eachother a couple of times a week and talk on the phone some. He LOVES to talk to my daughter on the phone!

I have 2 younger brothers. One is 26, and is schizophrenic. We are not close and do not talk. He is adopted too but from different birth parents. He is a VERY long story...

My youngest brother is 16, and we are pretty close, but you know how teenagers are w/us older siblings(too cool, eyes: LOL!). But really, we do talk 1 time a week and we email eachother.

Then, I email all my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc...on a weekly basis so I am caught up w/them as well.

So, I think I am fairly close to my family. Just wish I was a little closer to them I am SO thankful for today's technology!!!!!!!!
    "I can stop trying to discover shortcuts or easy answers to why I feel dissatisfied at times. I am the only one who can make changes, right here and now."
    Dr William Brown

Last Online
    Sunday, January 4th, 2009 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Hedmark Hedmark
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    I'm a parasite, I sell stuff.
    Politics
    Man marks the Earth with ruin.
    Religion
    Nature shall prevail!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freya3
    My youngest brother is 16, and we are pretty close, but you know how teenagers are w/us older siblings(too cool, eyes: LOL!). But really, we do talk 1 time a week and we email eachother
    Ahem.

Well, I am not so cose, as I would like to be, actually.
    My mother and I got some issues, so it's very rare before I hear anything from her, and she hear from me.
    I live with my father and his wife+26 year old son, and they are cool enough. Totally ok people.
    My oldest brother is 23(or 24?) And we don't have much contact. We never had, and we don't talk when we see eachother either. We just have these fights, sometimes it's for fun, sometimes not.
    My older sister(22) is the familymember I have most contact with, I speak to her atleast one time in every month.
    My little half-sister is 6(Will be 7) and hardly recognise me when I see her. She treat me, and have always treated me as a stranger.
    The family member I have most contact with, is my great-grandmother.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 @ 02:08 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gag, you also have all of us. We are your extended folk family. :peck:

Last Online
    Thursday, April 21st, 2016 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well i live with my father i recently moved back in with him.We dont talk much he is an alcoholic so its hard to relate to him.Im living there just to look after him.He and my mother split just before i was 21 but before that i was so close with my mother.Now i never see her at all too busy with different men no respect for herself. . I have 2 sisters one from the marriage of my parents then one we only found out about a few years ago which was a shock.Not too close to eighter of those i miss the life of a loving family.
    Improvement makes straight roads but the crooked roads without improvment are roads of genius-----
    William Blake

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ND, most of us have screwed up family lives. Many of us are alone mostly. Many of us have scars from this and some of these will never go away. But we have our folk family and our Heathen folk family is the closest people will get without actually being related directly. I hate with a vengeance anyone who tries to break this up by making us fight one another. If we do nothing else we must knit up the broken threads in our folk tapestry and prevent at all costs anyone ever again forcing us to take up arms against one another.
    :fehu: :fehu: :fehu:

Last Online
    Monday, October 12th, 2009 @ 07:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    North Brabant North Brabant
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i know the feeling to miss a familie
    i shall keep this short,
    my mom and dad split up when i was 5, after that my mom started a relationship with a absolut assfart!!
    he loved to beat my mom, and when i jumped in to defend her i was his next targid.
    my dad knew all this and did'nt help one little bit he was to bussy with his new wife.
    when my stepdad was gone my mom started to drink..
    that was 10 years ago and she is still drinking
    becous of that i was in a fight with her every day, untill she kick'd me out the house..
    i had to live with my grandparents, becous my dad did'nt want me..
    my mom had a new boyfriend and he aswell starded to beat my mom , so i went back to live with her.
    i had to take care of her, she could'nd do it by her self.
    then after only one year she kickt out again, only for me to have to come to her and after 3 months to be kickt out again.. after that i went to life on my own..
    i have 2 little sisters until last year my dad did'nt want them to know that i was there older sister.. witch is inpossible becouse we look alike, they are 2 small versions of me haha..
    my dad want me to visit him but on the outher hand he does'nt want anyone to know that i'm his child..
    all the things i have is becous i worked for it, not becouse familie helped me, and i'm very proud about that..
    so no i'm not very close with my familie..
    the only familie i have are my grandparents of my mom's side, they rais'd me the best they could..
    the rest of my familie can drop death and i could'nt care more less..

one day i hope that i can start a familie of my own

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Juno, that is terrible. But I'm sure you are very wise as a result. Your wyrd will reward you with an einheriar, maybe, so you can undo all that pain. It's so sad that people do these things to one another, but, as we all know what it's like to be young and alone, we can only hope for the best and try not to repeat our parents' mistakes. They are victims too, their own worst enemies sometimes.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2007 @ 09:32 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would give my last drop of blood for my brother, we have a laugh together over everything in the quiet pauses in this War that is Life. I do what I can for my family, and give everything when I am able. Even when they really shit me.
    I try to be there for all of them to the best of my ability, so although distant in our own ways, we look out for one another and help one another, so I guess that constitutes "getting on well" as some put it

Last Online
    Monday, October 12th, 2009 @ 07:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    North Brabant North Brabant
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you know sigrid i think people who had a childhood as such know that it's not a good way of raising a child.
    i learnd a lot from my mom: what drugs will do to you, what alchohol will do to you, what will happen if you have sex with a perfect stranger, how to not rais a child, i know how to cook and clean..
    dont get me wrong i have a deep respect for my mom , but that's before she started drinking..
    i will give the world to get her back, but she does'nt want to be helpted.
    if she needs something she only has to say my name and i'll help her, but i cant have that mother and child band with her.
    she is the only one of all the people who treated me like a piece of shit i will help..
    she's the one who gave me life, and no one wanted me in that familie.

there is1person forwhowill give my live and that's my bestfriend she has been trough so much crap , and always she has standed next to me and helped me trough talking to me, even when i was a pain in the ars.
    i know her for many years.
    she is a wise, beautiful, kind (if only she was a guy ) young woman and i'm very proud that i'm her friend.
    i see her as familie.

i talk to young children who's mom or dad are alchoholics, and to kids whoget beaten by there mom or dad..
    it's horrible al those story's they tell!!
    and my heart bleeds for them.
    i cant offer them much only a listening ear, and they are so thankfull for that.
    those kids troughly are amazing!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast