Corded-Pontid
    IT Slave
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: World Cup 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Weg
    Hmmm, in my version, next to the racist calls, I heard he would have called her sis a "prostitute" and him [Zidane] a "terrorist".
    So many version... In fact, no one really knew (and still don't know) and jumped at hasty conclusions... At the end, it seems there were no racial slur at all and everyone forgave Zidane... So remember you little kids, Zidane worshippers, if you are abused or only have conflicts (only if you belong to a minority group victim of discrimination), a good butt-head is better than a long chitchat... I guess that's the conclusion.
    Everyone forgave Zidane because he is a great player and seems to be a decent guy, in fact unlike most other footballers he behaves very civilised on the field.

I heard somewhere that when Materazzi grabbed Zidane's shirt he said "If you want my shirt so badly I'll give it to you after the game" and Materazzi replied "I want your mother instead" or something similar which sounds pretty damn funny

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sounds more likely than anything racist, which is in any case funny looking at them both. In Northern Europe, Materrazi is more likely to encounter some racist abuse than Zidane.

Quote Originally Posted by Klim Samgin
    Actually Materazzi have said to Zidane: "I hope you mother will meet with your sister soon".
    Just to let you know, the sister of Zidane has died and his mother is seriously ill at the moment.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bulair
    Everyone forgave Zidane because he is a great player and seems to be a decent guy, in fact unlike most other footballers he behaves very civilised on the field.
    Yes, from a non-French point of view, it sounds plausible. He's, however, more than a great player for the French media.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenlivet
    Sounds more likely than anything racist, which is in any case funny looking at them both. In Northern Europe, Materrazi is more likely to encounter some racist abuse than Zidane.
    That's what we call primary racism. Fortunately, there's more than look in race, behaviour is maybe more important to me.
    I could send you our Zidanes if you wish, I doubt they appreciate them, even the few "nordish" looking ones are lost cases.
    Last edited by Weg; Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 at 03:06 PM.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

« -Oh my God, but you're a neo-nazi?!...
    -But why neo? »

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only because Materazzi loves to be tanned all year and Zidane doesn't? I bet that Northern Europeans are more intelligent than this and will get over a suntan.
    The problem is that in Northern Europe there's 1 Materazzi for 100 Zidane and darker muslim brothers already..

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The point is that both are Europid, Zidane is often tanned has already been classified by skilled people like Agrippa. Materazzi is naturally darker than Zidane and they do not tan the same way. There are blond, even Nordoid muslims, in e.g. Bosnia. Religion is not the same as race. Christian Arabs do not differ markedly from Muslim Arabs. Kabyles are not Arabs and do not look Arabid/Orientalid.

Zidane:

He is more northern looking than some Nordicists.

My point is that media do not understand the difference between nationality, ethnicity and religion. We at Skadi are not average people and should see through such statements. Media speculated that the attack of an obviously Europid (no different than the average Brit and probably of English or Scottish descent himself) may have been racist (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.p...69#post488169).

Quote Originally Posted by Gesta Bellica
    Only because Materazzi loves to be tanned all year and Zidane doesn't? I bet that Northern Europeans are more intelligent than this and will get over a suntan.
    The problem is that in Northern Europe there's 1 Materazzi for 100 Zidane and darker muslim brothers already..

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The blond-haired blue-eyed Amazigh is a cliché. Those individuals exist but account for a small minority of the whole population. Most look like average (arabized) Maghrebians. Kabyles must be among the most mixed Berbers of all, IMO.

-But why neo? »

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The point is that both are Europid, Zidane is often tanned has already been classified by skilled people like Agrippa. Materazzi is naturally darker than Zidane and they do not tan the same way. There are blond, even Nordoid muslims, in e.g. Bosnia. Religion is not the same as race. Christian Arabs do not differ markedly from Muslim Arabs. Kabyles are not Arabs and do not look Arabid/Orientalid.

Zidane:

He is more northern looking than some Nordicists.

My point is that media do not understand the difference between nationality, ethnicity and religion. We at Skadi are not average people and should see through such statements. Media speculated that the attack of an obviously Europid (no different than the average Brit and probably of English or Scottish descent himself) may have been racist (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.p...69#post488169).

Well i've seen pictures of Materazzi when he was a younger (and mediocre) player, with shorter hair and not with the all-year tan that VIP players love to sport 365 days per year and he looked definitely Europid and not so typically Italian also..if you were talking about Gattuso or Perrota i would understand

At the same time i remember Zidane when he was younger and with his hair as well and always spotted out as a person of maghrebin descent even if his ethnicity differs from the others as you correctly pointed out.

The point is that skin colour is important for acceptance but is not the sole factor, also face traits, hair, physical structures are important and to my perception a person like Zidane (expecially in his younger years) is clearly "suspicious" even if not technically "dark"

Seriously, if "he is more northern looking than some Nordicists" ii'm getting really worried about Nordicists then

Racism for the media is becoming something more linked with "hate against who's different in any way", it seems not linked with "race" esclusively but also with nationality, regionalism etc

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Nordish" Kabyles :

(Center : Northern looking Djamel Zidane, striking resemblance)

http://en.ce.cn/subject/06cup/about/..._7689102.shtml
    Last edited by Weg; Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 at 05:51 PM.

-But why neo? »

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910