Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Classify Slovene Politician Anton Rop

  1. #1
    Member Triglav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    European Union
    Gender
    Politics
    Fairness
    Posts
    2,407
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post Classify Slovene Politician Anton Rop

    I know I am adding to the muddled state of this forum, but Awar gave me the idea .

    Anton Rop, Head of the Parliament.










  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Gender
    Posts
    2,292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    I'm guessing he would be a Savid type? da ili ne?



  3. #3
    Member Triglav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    European Union
    Gender
    Politics
    Fairness
    Posts
    2,407
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by providenje
    I'm guessing he would be a Savid type? da ili ne?
    Is that it?

    I thought it was more classically Noric, although he's brunet.

  4. #4
    Member Pomor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 25th, 2005 @ 06:45 AM
    Subrace
    north-europid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Posts
    705
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    I would say Noric as well, but more into Alpine direction.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Gender
    Posts
    2,292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Triglav
    Is that it?

    I thought it was more classically Noric, although he's brunet.
    I forgot, refresh my memory.Isn't Savid similar to Noric in terms of pigmentaion? except for the darker hair, fo course.



  6. #6
    Member Triglav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    European Union
    Gender
    Politics
    Fairness
    Posts
    2,407
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    I am still looking for the definition of Savid. Any help would be highly appreciated. Going by Skerlj's description in Pera's sticky thread they are longer-headed than classical Dinarics, have light eyes and are peculiar to Slovenia. I would also assume that the complexion is lighter.

    If that is the type I observe in this country, it must approximately have an equal Nordic and Alpine share (like in this case, but Rop seems pretty dark, especially his complexion).

    Quote Originally Posted by providenje
    I forgot, refresh my memory.Isn't Savid similar to Noric in terms of pigmentaion? except for the darker hair, fo course.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Gender
    Posts
    2,292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Triglav
    I am still looking for the definition of Savid. Any help would be highly appreciated. Going by Skerlj's description in Pera's sticky thread they are longer-headed than classical Dinarics, have light eyes and are peculiar to Slovenia. I would also assume that the complexion is lighter.

    If that is the type I observe in this country, it must approximately have an equal Nordic and Alpine share (like in this case, but Rop seems pretty dark, especially his complexion).
    Translated from Pera_Z's post:

    "In the area where there are Dinarids there is a tall, brachycephalic type but with blondish hair and blue eyes. that is Lebzelter's Noric race.Since this type is connected to the dinaric race, except for the complexion, we regard this type to be a dinaroid form and related to the dinarid race. We call them blond dinarids.Maybe this blond brachycephal is similar to the Galatian race.They remind us also of the Fenonordic race.

    Skerlj said that the Savid race is a regional type.It bascially corresponds to the Dinarid type. The difference is lighter eyes/hair, the stature is moderate and the head hithers away from brachycephaly.Is this type only found in Slovenia or in other dinaric areas? For now I don't know. In Serbia there is also the same Dinaroid type with blue and green eyes.But I don't know if it is a mixed, unstable type or an insistent type."



  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gender
    Posts
    4,101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Post

    Thanks for the info. Skerlj was the one whom also mentioned the "Dormitor race".


    Quote Originally Posted by providenje
    Translated from Pera_Z's post:

    "In the area where there are Dinarids there is a tall, brachycephalic type but with blondish hair and blue eyes. that is Lebzelter's Noric race.Since this type is connected to the dinaric race, except for the complexion, we regard this type to be a dinaroid form and related to the dinarid race. We call them blond dinarids.Maybe this blond brachycephal is similar to the Galatian race.They remind us also of the Fenonordic race.

    Skerlj said that the Savid race is a regional type.It bascially corresponds to the Dinarid type. The difference is lighter eyes/hair, the stature is moderate and the head hithers away from brachycephaly.Is this type only found in Slovenia or in other dinaric areas? For now I don't know. In Serbia there is also the same Dinaroid type with blue and green eyes.But I don't know if it is a mixed, unstable type or an insistent type."

  9. #9
    Member Awar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Location
    Olympus
    Gender
    Age
    40
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Posts
    4,947
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    I inspired you for mishief! cool!

    Yep, he does look Noric. Is his forehead too prominent for this classification, or am I being silly?

Similar Threads

  1. Classify Anton Bruckner
    By Vasilis in forum Anthropological Taxonomy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Friday, November 3rd, 2006, 07:33 PM
  2. Classify Anton Mussert
    By Waarnemer in forum Anthropological Taxonomy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Friday, November 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM
  3. Classify Anton Mayer
    By Evolved in forum Anthropological Taxonomy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2004, 08:41 AM
  4. Classify Slovene Miss Universe
    By Triglav in forum Anthropological Taxonomy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Saturday, June 12th, 2004, 09:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •