Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atlanto-Mediteranneans

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream Johannes de León's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Re: Atlanto-Mediteranneans

That woman is very very similar to this portuguese actress...

Sorry, couldn't find better pictures...

Account Inactive goidelicwarrior's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Galiza
    Ancestry
    Galicia
    Subrace
    Atlantomed
    Country
    Other Other
    Occupation
    manager
    Politics
    extreme right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by hantendon
    According to most anthropologists I have read, the following countries/areas have a major 'Atlanto-Mediterannean' population:

North Africa, Western Norway, Eastern Ireland, Western UK, Northwestern Greece, Eastern Bulgaria, Eastern Romania, Iraq, Palestine, parts of Spain/Italy, and parts of Northeastern Africa(!).

Now my question is, when did these areas ever share common ancestors to be part of the same race? I find it hard to believe that a Palestinian and an Irish belong to the same subdivision racially. Most other races have a geographic and ancestral commonality (ie; East Baltic, Nordic, Alpine, Brunn, Irano-Afghan, etc...), the Atlanto-Mediterannean race seems to me to be the only exception to this rule. I mean, couldn't someone come up with a better division for these very different groups of people?
    eeeuummm.. do Norway or Northern Spain share similarities with North Africa? i dont think so..

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream Johannes de León's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goidelicwarrior
    eeeuummm.. do Norway or Northern Spain share similarities with North Africa? i dont think so..
    Well, I suppose you are talking about pigmentation, right?

However, you may find some individuals with the same bone structure, one in Norway, and the other in North Africa.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goidelicwarrior
    I'm not sure about Norway, but North Africa and Southern Spain do share similarities with parts of the British Isles.
    From my own observation, it would seem that there are two types in the Isles which could be classed as Atlanto-Mediterranean, a curly haired and a straight haired variety. The curly haired type is probably slightly taller than average and medium to slim in build. They are dolichocephalic and generally have a hooked nose and prominent chin; the forehead is moderately sloping and fairly broad. Personally I think this type may be of North African origin, possibly the bearers of Berber speech into that area, and some linguists have noted that there seems to be a Berber substratum in the Insular Celtic languages.
    The type is apparently present in Southern Spain as well.
    The straight haired variety is similar in some respects to the curly haired, but definitely quite distinct from it. They are more extreme in height and dolichocephaly and slimmer in build. They have long, narrow faces and the chin is not particularly prominent. Although their noses are probably straighter (and narrower) than those of the curly haired type, convexity is nevertheless fairly common among them; the slope of the forehead is often pronounced.
    The tallest men in Britain and Ireland tend to be of this straight haired Atlanto-Mediterranean variety, which is also common in Northern Italy and Spain, as well as extending to Western Norway and throughout the Mediterranean region.

So while it could sound misleading to say that Western Norway shares similarities with North Africa or the Middle East, it is quite probable that a number of individuals in all those areas are of the same racial type.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Interesting. I also tend to think there's a sort of continuum on the Atlantic coast,
    from N.Africa->Iberia->Britain->Norway.

I doubt the ones from Palestine or Bulgaria are connected genetically with those from the Atlantic, or with eachother.

Pontid types resemble Atlanto-Meds,
    just like superficially there are British Nords who resemble Corded nords.
    ( except for the difference in head-height ).

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 30th, 2005 @ 05:15 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Berbers are Hamites, and Hamites also settled in parts of Palestine, Turkey , etc. Coon says that there are also Atlanto-Meds in Iraq, mixed with the Irano-Afghan type. The Atlanto-Meds who settled in Europe came from North Africa, which explains the Berber influence on certain British Celtic languages. The variation that exists among various Atlanto-Meds can be at least partly explained by mixture with other races, including both brunette and lighter-complexioned UPs and other types.

Disinterested
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 13th, 2005 @ 09:17 PM
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cruhmann
    The Berbers are Hamites, and Hamites also settled in parts of Palestine, Turkey , etc. Coon says that there are also Atlanto-Meds in Iraq, mixed with the Irano-Afghan type. The Atlanto-Meds who settled in Europe came from North Africa, which explains the Berber influence on certain British Celtic languages. The variation that exists among various Atlanto-Meds can be at least partly explained by mixture with other races, including both brunette and lighter-complexioned UPs and other types.
    Lots of people (like me) feel that Coon didnt distinguish enough types of Mediterranids, so I don't think Atlanto-Mediterraneans migrated as far east as Iraq, but AWAR's continuity along the Atlantic coast is there. Theres a genetic discontinuity across the strait of Gibraltar but the admixture along the coast is still there, and is probably Mesolithic, and probably from an Iberian source because the dental evidence was recently shown by Irish to support an early assimilation of North Africa into a European stock, so that the Mediterranid Capsians are probably modified by the Iberian Mesolithics.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cruhmann
    The Berbers are Hamites, and Hamites also settled in parts of Palestine, Turkey , etc. Coon says that there are also Atlanto-Meds in Iraq, mixed with the Irano-Afghan type.
    Hamites are a language family. I'm not sure the Atl.Med phenotype went with the language.

The Atlanto-Meds who settled in Europe came from North Africa, which explains the Berber influence on certain British Celtic languages. The variation that exists among various Atlanto-Meds can be at least partly explained by mixture with other races, including both brunette and lighter-complexioned UPs and other types.
    I don't know about that. A blond Atlanto-Med would look entirely like a British Nordic. At first I thought the Atlantic types came from North Africa, but now,
    I'm not so sure. Perhaps they came to western Europe, and then, during the Ice Age went into N.Africa.

Disinterested
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 13th, 2005 @ 09:17 PM
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Awar
    Hamites are a language family. I'm not sure the Atl.Med phenotype went with the language.
    The old Hamitic language family is split into Nilo-Saharan and Afroasitaic languages, but Afroasiatic is still sometimes called Hamito-Semitic, which is a problem itself one reason is that the first division within Afroasiatic, is probably not between Semitic and the African groups. Afroasiatic is probably a sprachbund formed by contacts between unrelated populations, which is why not all Afroasiatic speaking populations belong to the Caucasoid race, as well as why the Semites are also genetically distinct from the other Afroasiatic speaking Caucasoids.

I don't know about that. A blond Atlanto-Med would look entirely like a British Nordic. At first I thought the Atlantic types came from North Africa, but now, I'm not so sure. Perhaps they came to western Europe, and then, during the Ice Age went into N.Africa.
    I think that everyone agrees the Atlanto-mediterraneans are related to Nordics, but theres still an important Iberian element and the Iberomaurusian ancestors of the Capsians are shown to have West Eurasian admixture, so I feel that it makes more sense to attribute the appearence of the North African Mesolithic types to influence from a more gracile Iberian source.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydderch
    I'm not sure about Norway, but North Africa and Southern Spain do share similarities with parts of the British Isles.
    From my own observation, it would seem that there are two types in the British Isles which could be classed as Atlanto-Mediterranean, a curly haired and a straight haired variety. The curly haired type is probably slightly taller than average and medium to slim in build. They are dolichocephalic and generally have a hooked nose and prominent chin; the forehead is moderately sloping and fairly broad. Personally I think this type may be of North African origin, possibly the bearers of Berber speech into that area, and some linguists have noted that there seems to be a Berber substratum in the Insular Celtic languages.
    The type is apparently present in Southern Spain as well.
    Just quoting myself here. I have been reading a bit more on the subject and I've found references to a race known as Saharid or South-Mediterranean; the distribution (except that British Isles were not mentioned) and the description (though incomplete) appears to fit with what I have observed of the type I was calling curly-haired Atlanto-Med.

Something I did'nt mention in the quoted post is that, despite the pointed, prominent chin, this type has a fairly shallow mandible.
    Another feature I have noticed (and one which is quite a good diagnostic) is that the upper part of their ears often tend to be slightly bent outward.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast