Country
    Canada Canada
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb Atlanto-Mediteranneans

According to most anthropologists I have read, the following countries/areas have a major 'Atlanto-Mediterannean' population:

North Africa, Western Norway, Eastern Ireland, Western UK, Northwestern Greece, Eastern Bulgaria, Eastern Romania, Iraq, Palestine, parts of Spain/Italy, and parts of Northeastern Africa(!).

Now my question is, when did these areas ever share common ancestors to be part of the same race? I find it hard to believe that a Palestinian and an Irish belong to the same subdivision racially. Most other races have a geographic and ancestral commonality (ie; East Baltic, Nordic, Alpine, Brunn, Irano-Afghan, etc...), the Atlanto-Mediterannean race seems to me to be the only exception to this rule. I mean, couldn't someone come up with a better division for these very different groups of people?

Last Online
    Thursday, November 27th, 2003 @ 10:41 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Hantendon maybe I have an answer to your question though it may seem incomplete so keep in touch because I don't completely understand it properly either but besides this you should remember that other than your East Africa and North Africa the other places you mentioned are modern political territories. Also the Mediterranean race is originally Afro-Asian humanity that spread out into Europe. Why the exclamation for East Africa?? Ever seen Ethiopians with a long and parallel sided profile? This is typically Atlanto-Mediterranean. Leaky (Richard Leaky's father) also found the remains of ancients with these phenotypes, for info you could read Coon's book titled 'The Origin of Races'.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 27th, 2003 @ 10:41 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People in south Asia also have Atlanto-Mediterranean phenotypes!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Post Atlanto-Mediteranneans

The book to see for Mesolithic and Neolithic peoples of East Africa is L.S.B. Leakey's The Stone Age REaces of Kenya, 1970, Oxford University Press. There is certainly a white looking population described there but to call them Atlanto-Meds, without more evidence, is premature.

Y chromosome evidence says, if I understand this correctly, that there are really two Mediterannean races, the Atlanto-Med. and the Southern Med. The Atlanto-Med. has the same Y chromosome markers as other Western Europeans. The Southern Meds. have a different origin in the Eastern Mediterannean. There are really two different peoples we are both calling "Mediterannean". We here at Skadi should fix this comfusion. One goup should be renamed, preferably the Atlanto-Meds. Maybe they could be called just "Atlantics"?

Account Inactive goidelicwarrior's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Galiza
    Ancestry
    Galicia
    Subrace
    Atlantomed
    Country
    Other Other
    Occupation
    manager
    Politics
    extreme right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Atlanto-Mediteranneans

Quote Originally Posted by hantendon
    According to most anthropologists I have read, the following countries/areas have a major 'Atlanto-Mediterannean' population:

North Africa, Western Norway, Eastern Ireland, Western UK, Northwestern Greece, Eastern Bulgaria, Eastern Romania, Iraq, Palestine, parts of Spain/Italy, and parts of Northeastern Africa(!).

Now my question is, when did these areas ever share common ancestors to be part of the same race? I find it hard to believe that a Palestinian and an Irish belong to the same subdivision racially. Most other races have a geographic and ancestral commonality (ie; East Baltic, Nordic, Alpine, Brunn, Irano-Afghan, etc...), the Atlanto-Mediterannean race seems to me to be the only exception to this rule. I mean, couldn't someone come up with a better division for these very different groups of people?
    so western norway and Iraq are similar.. im from an atlanto medish region of Europe and I im not exactly simlar to an Iraqui.. what bs..... all these coons and whatever their names are seem to have written their books in front off a desk.. ( mostly )
    Last edited by goidelicwarrior; Tuesday, February 3rd, 2004 at 01:42 PM.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 7th, 2005 @ 09:50 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

North Africa, Western Norway, Eastern Ireland, Western UK, Northwestern Greece, Eastern Bulgaria, Eastern Romania, Iraq, Palestine, parts of Spain/Italy, and parts of Northeastern Africa(!). Now my question is, when did these areas ever share common ancestors to be part of the same race?"
    The only people which share recent "Atlanto-Mediterranean" ancestry are those of Spain and Ireland/Western UK. That'sbecause from Neolithic times until a few hundred of years BC people from Spain migrated to the British isles and were absorbed by the local population.

If someone from the British Isles like Tyrone Power
    http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/rg-north.htm

looks similar to Fernando Lamas(father of actress Lorenzo Lamas) it's because they share common spanish "Atlanto-Mediterranean" ancestry.
    http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/...9-29430-sm.jpg

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hidalgo
    If someone from the British Isles like Tyrone Power
    http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/rg-north.htm

looks similar to Fernando Lamas(father of actress Lorenzo Lamas) it's because they share common spanish "Atlanto-Mediterranean" ancestry.
    http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/...9-29430-sm.jpg
    I'm sure if someone thought those two individuals were from eastern Europe they would be labelled as Pontid.Many people use geographical locations first when classifying.So people's personal classifications should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Vojvoda; Tuesday, February 3rd, 2004 at 08:12 PM.

Last Online
    Monday, December 12th, 2005 @ 11:43 PM
    Subrace
    Baltid/Nordid
    Politics
    Croatian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 03:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It's quite simple, the type doesn't exist. Just because several types have similar pigmentation doesn't mean they are related. The true Mediterreanen as defined by Coon is extinct.

Last Online
    Monday, December 12th, 2005 @ 11:43 PM
    Subrace
    Baltid/Nordid
    Politics
    Croatian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
    It's quite simple, the type doesn't exist. Just because several types have similar pigmentation doesn't mean they are related. The true Mediterreanen as defined by Coon is extinct.
    The same can be said for every Europoid type. You wont find many ideal Hallstadt Nords neither, yet there are survivors fitting the ideal racial description perfectly.

A perfect example of Classical Mediterranean race:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast