Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

AW: Re: AW: Re: Scandinavian ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Thruthheim
    I thought it was a Keltic Nordic trait. Whom as a subtype, aren't numerous in Scandinavia?
    The Keltics have an even more sloping forehead and overall even lower skull, but in general its typical for all standard Nordids to have a rather sloping forehead at least (male sex).

Compare with this fully typical, even rather extreme Nordid skull:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 03:15 PM
    Subrace
    Skando-Nordid->CM
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Re: Scandinavian ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie
    Keltic Nordid? Or does reddish hair have to be present?
    I don't associate Reddish hair with Keltic-Nordic.
    Tired

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

AW: Re: Scandinavian ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Thruthheim
    I don't associate Reddish hair with Keltic-Nordic.
    Reddish hair is more common in Cromagnoid forms, Keltics are rather darker than standard Nordid if its about the hair color, so more brown I'd say.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Roslagen til Danelagen
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Vínsk
    Ancestry
    Engelsk (Autosomal), Uppland (Y-DNA) och Dalarna (mtDNA)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2A5A1
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Väring och Víking
    Politics
    Munsöätten
    Religion
    Forn Sed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    359 Posts
    Why does anyone find frailty ideal? This man may have safety in numbers, but alone would be a coyote amongst wolves. I can't say that the man or those like him are either ideal or typical. It's not a face or body that screams: 'Viking'. Funny how someone who looks like a clerk should be idolised by anyone, unless it's being done by others without any imposing visage of their own. Trying to shift the goalposts to fit the path of least resistance, doesn't increase the value of one's own constitution. Complacency and vulnerability go hand in hand with low testosterone. A man's man is not boyish, nor is a female without curves very womanly. Undeveloped people are not my ideal and neither are they especially typical. I would not ascribe such failures to thrive in the First World with any sense of accomplishment. There's no excuse to be so little imposing past adolescence, when you have the world's highest quality of resources and availability imaginable.

Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 01:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thruthheim View Post
    I think he looks more Russian/Czech etc.
    His forehead receeds alittle, that isn't a Scandinavian Nordic trait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    Keltic Nordid? Or does reddish hair have to be present?

Unsurprising that British people seem to have a poor idea of what a true Germanic looks like. He looks neither Russian nor Keltic.

Pred Hallstatt Nordic.

Roslagen til Danelagen
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Vínsk
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2A5A1
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Väring och Víking
    Politics
    Munsöätten
    Religion
    Forn Sed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenschlag View Post

Unsurprising that British people seem to have a poor idea of what a true Germanic looks like. He looks neither Russian nor Keltic.

Pred Hallstatt Nordic.
    A 'true Germanic' is gangly and not robust? The only part of his appearance that's indisputably Germanic is his complexion, but he could fit in Pomerania with a phenotype like that. Yes, it's a Polish vibe I get from him. I know of a bloke with a Polish dad and English mum who is hardly different. So, you claim 'British people' are clueless about what it means to be Germanic. You have a narrow view of the definition that doesn't correspond to traditional stereotypes and rather fits your own mirror, even though the range of Russian to Keltic is found down the middle in an actual admixtured person I went to school with, even if the extremes guessed at weren't so exact and yet, still relevant. There is indeed an East Nordic influence at work.

Last Online
    19 Hours Ago @ 04:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Wow, the man, Kristian Thulesen, looks like my Dad smiling in his younger years. I would definitely say Keltic Nordid like us. My dad had prominent eyebrows with gentle slopping forehead as shown in earlier diagram but not rugged.

I'm curious. What Germanic group has a narrower face (oval to long) with eyes closer set together with average straight to slightly pug noses?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Single adult
    Politics
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    A 'true Germanic' is gangly and not robust? The only part of his appearance that's indisputably Germanic is his complexion, but he could fit in Pomerania with a phenotype like that. Yes, it's a Polish vibe I get from him. I know of a bloke with a Polish dad and English mum who is hardly different. So, you claim 'British people' are clueless about what it means to be Germanic. You have a narrow view of the definition that doesn't correspond to traditional stereotypes and rather fits your own mirror, even though the range of Russian to Keltic is found down the middle in an actual admixtured person I went to school with, even if the extremes guessed at weren't so exact and yet, still relevant. There is indeed an East Nordic influence at work.

To the contrary, his complexion could be shared by Northern European non-Germanic groups like Finns, Celts or nothern Slavs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R8441fc420d034e719fffc35f2668b368.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	115762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200526-213043-L-1920x1050we-medium_32.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	115759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b471a79e5b014a8ab38d7a12fe14fed2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	115760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R9a7d6d44d4c3836b2bd1faa18aa2f13c.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	115761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF_valgkampagne_2015.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	115763

His chiseled facial features, skin type with the cartilaginous parts of the face standing out, chin important for the face, and overall thin facial morphology are clearly Hallstatt Nordic as opposed to any of the other Nordic types.

He fits Coon's original description of the Hallstatt type very well.

The forehead of this type is for the most part sloping, forming a profile line parallel to that of the nose. It is medium to narrow in breadth, and, in comparison to other Norwegian types, relatively flat in both planes. The browridges are usually present, but are weakly developed, and the depression of the nasal root moderate. The nose may be described as thin, steep-walled, and high-bridged. In profile, it is for the most part straight or slightly convex, with a high incidence of wavy forms, and there is usually a noticeable transition between the bony and cartilaginous portions. Owing to the thinness of the skin, the line of suture between the two nasal bones may frequently be observed. The tip of the nose is thin, and for the most part raised slightly above the horizontal plane. The nasal wings are compressed, and the nostrils form long ovals, set at a very acute angle from one another. These nostrils are visible from the side, and slightly visible from in front.The bony orbit of the eye is rather high, and the eye normally quite wide open, with the upper lid reaching down over the upper quadrant of the iris, and the lower lid touching its rim. The eye slits themselves are horizontal, and are often partially covered, especially in old age, by a fold which hangs from the outer corner of the upper orbit.

The eyebrows are thin, somewhat bowed, and seldom concurrent over the nasal bridge. The malars, small in size, are typically flattened in front. The zygomatic arches, however, are often bowed outward enough to give the face a pentagonoid appearance. This appearance is due to the flatness of the temples and the thinness of the soft parts of the arches, rather than to their skeletal prominence.

The cheeks are in most cases thin, and the lower jaw long and deep, curving in front to a well-developed chin, with the gonial angles compressed and usually not visible. One of the outstanding features of this type, and of the Nordic race as a whole, is the great distance between the borders of the lower teeth and the point of the chin. The total impression of the face is that of a long, narrowish oval, often slightly rhomboid, with prominent bony portions when seen in profile. The lips are usually thin, the mouth rather small, and the nasal sills well developed.
    The cranium itself is a long oval when seen from above, with almost parallel sides, and a marked transition from the frontal to the temporal bones. The greatest breadth is located as often in front of the center as behind it. Seen from the front, the cranium looks steep or parallel sided and arched or vaulted on top. From the side, the contour of the head sweeps flatly back from a somewhat retreating forehead to a curved or projecting occiput. The highest point of the head is over the ears, and there is no pronounced tendency for either the forward or rear portion of the head to be higher than the other. Judging by gross bulk measurements the heads of individuals of this type may not be classed as large, nor high, their principal character is narrowness, a feature which continues down to the face, and also to the nose.

Although this distinctive type is today most concentrated in the long valleys of southeastern Norway, it is by no means confined to that region. It is found all over Norway in greater or lesser solution, as is to be expected, since it is the racial type of the invaders who brought Iron Age civilization to Scandinavia. Besides this clearly differentiated Nordic type, there seem, however, to be various submerged minority elements in the eastern Norwegian population which are not limited to any one dis trict, but are diffuse throughout. One is a shorter, somewhat darker and less dolichocephalic element which may in part represent an aboriginal coastal population, but which may, to a greater extent, consist rather of racial elements brought from central Europe in solution by the Iron Age Nordic invaders.
    https://theapricity.com/snpa/chapter-IX4.htm

Yes, it's a Polish vibe I get from him.
    He doesn't have a Polish vibe. If a Pole looks like him, it may be one with Germanic blood or who approximates the Hallstatt type. Furthermore, your comments as to who "looks Polish" etc, as an American who has never lived in Scandinavia, are not worth a lot, to put it kindly. The only people that I have seen and resemble him are unsurprisingly from south West Sweden and Germany.

If anything, there might be a Keltoid influence on a low level, giving him a more prominent nose and sloping forehead than most other people of the same general type, but this influence would be very small to be certain and you can always find one specific feature in a person that doesn't let him fit the ideal picture of a type.

Why does he look Germanic? Because his type is only typical for the part of the world where Germanics originated (Northern Germany and Denmark). The same cannot be said of most Brits or Finns. Gascoigne, for example, could easily be from Ireland and there could be people looking like him on the British Isles without the slightest bit of Germanic influence.

Roslagen til Danelagen
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Vínsk
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2A5A1
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Väring och Víking
    Politics
    Munsöätten
    Religion
    Forn Sed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenschlag View Post
    To the contrary, his complexion could be shared by Northern European non-Germanic groups like Finns, Celts or nothern Slavs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R8441fc420d034e719fffc35f2668b368.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	115762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200526-213043-L-1920x1050we-medium_32.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	115759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b471a79e5b014a8ab38d7a12fe14fed2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	115760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R9a7d6d44d4c3836b2bd1faa18aa2f13c.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	115761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF_valgkampagne_2015.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	115763

His chiseled facial features, skin type with the cartilaginous parts of the face standing out, chin important for the face, and overall thin facial morphology are clearly Hallstatt Nordic as opposed to any of the other Nordic types.

He fits Coon's original description of the Hallstatt type very well.

https://theapricity.com/snpa/chapter-IX4.htm

He doesn't have a Polish vibe. If a Pole looks like him, it may be one with Germanic blood or who approximates the Hallstatt type. Furthermore, your comments as to who "looks Polish" etc, as an American who has never lived in Scandinavia, are not worth a lot, to put it kindly. The only people that I have seen and resemble him are unsurprisingly from south West Sweden and Germany.

If anything, there might be a Keltoid influence on a low level, giving him a more prominent nose and sloping forehead than most other people of the same general type, but this influence would be very small to be certain and you can always find one specific feature in a person that doesn't let him fit the ideal picture of a type.

Why does he look Germanic? Because his type is only typical for the part of the world where Germanics originated (Northern Germany and Denmark). The same cannot be said of most Brits or Finns. Gascoigne, for example, could easily be from Ireland and there could be people looking like him on the British Isles without the slightest bit of Germanic influence.
    The complexion is central Nordish, which means Germanic. Others aren't so brilliantly coloured and become atypical. That desk jockey is otherwise milquetoast, not chiseled with any degree of manliness, with a very forgettable face, like David Hyde Pierce and Limahl. Yes, your vaunted ideal corresponds very much like those effeminate Anglos.

Just like in England, I knew a few Polacks who have taken their place in my New England home, i.e. under my father's roof for 10 years, unfortunately. I lived with a Polish woman who looks like your 'Germanic man'. Don't say I'm ignorant of anything. The folks of Skåne and Deutschland are not far away from England either, so there's your 'Keltoid' triangulation amongst majority R1B denizens in those areas, all of which contribute to Anglo family trees across America.

What state of the West is stereotypically 'Germanic' and with the least bit of phenotypal tangents, in your POV? You can't be serious to say Switzerland, home of Keltic Nordids. You wonder why you identify with this weakling and women don't fall at your feet. Who fits a Germanic image, some pencil-neck or a footballer? If there's nothing rugged in a man, he's not Germanic. Just look at Zara Phillips and her husband Mike Tindall; what a perfectly charming couple that drives you to lunatic jealousy. There's no Natasha Bedingfield coming your way anytime soon...the whole Earth is unfair and out to get you.

We can play dodgeball as long as you keep coming back for more.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Single adult
    Politics
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    The complexion is central Nordish, which means Germanic. Others aren't so brilliantly coloured and become atypical. That desk jockey is otherwise milquetoast, not chiseled with any degree of manliness, with a very forgettable face, like David Hyde Pierce and Limahl. Yes, your vaunted ideal corresponds very much like those effeminate Anglos.
    The "Nordish" concept is a lame attempt to group types together for geopolitical convenience. However, if you are going to use dubious constructs, at least be aware of their meaning. "Central Nordish" does not equate to Germanic, as non-Germanic types such as Bruenns are included in it. Ireland is considered predominantly "central Nordish" by McCulloch.

Somebody from Latin America or South East Asia could be forgiven for thinking that these people look "Germanic", but somebody from Europe or even the USA should know better.

https://the-races-of-the-world.fando...le=2yyxrmx.jpg

"Northern looking" is not the same as Germanic looking.

Just like in England, I knew a few Polacks who have taken their place in my New England home, i.e. under my father's roof for 10 years, unfortunately. I lived with a Polish woman who looks like your 'Germanic man'. Don't say I'm ignorant of anything. The folks of Skåne and Deutschland are not far away from England either, so there's your 'Keltoid' triangulation amongst majority R1B denizens in those areas, all of which contribute to Anglo family trees across America.
    By modern transportation not, but we are talking about hundreds of years in the past. France and Ireland are much closer to Britain than south Sweden and Germany.

What state of the West is stereotypically 'Germanic' and with the least bit of phenotypal tangents, in your POV? You can't be serious to say Switzerland, home of Keltic Nordids. You wonder why you identify with this weakling and women don't fall at your feet. Who fits a Germanic image, some pencil-neck or a footballer? If there's nothing rugged in a man, he's not Germanic. Just look at Zara Phillips and her husband Mike Tindall; what a perfectly charming couple that drives you to lunatic jealousy. There's no Natasha Bedingfield coming your way anytime soon...the whole Earth is unfair and out to get you.
    You can't just make up your own definition of Germanic. A Germanic is somebody who belongs to a race native to the Germanic countries.

Being rugged, tall, short, etc does not matter.

It is fair and just because it is the same definition as for every other ethnic group in the world.

Therefore, it is not surprising that Denmark is the central country for Germanic looks, as Germanic culture is originally from there and Danes are less mixed than most other Germanic groups.

We can play dodgeball as long as you keep coming back for more.
    I'm sure you can and that's because you don't care for facts and need to reduce the level of the discussion to personal attacks and wishful thinking. With such a low threshold, you will never run out of content to produce.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast