student
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson
    I have seen it and as far as I can see, only one looks really Slavic to me. The rest could easily be from Sweden or something. Yes, I know they are Russians or something...
    They are Russian and Slavic, that is why I think that Nord-Med-Slav scheme is not quite correct.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 5th, 2012 @ 03:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    straight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Incorrect. Alexander the Great had brown hair and one blue and one black eye (Malalas Chronogr., 195.2)"

Yes, I've also heard that Alexander had heterochromia. Not really sure about the hair though, but haven been to Greece myself, it is kind of hard to believe the blonde thing. Greece doesn't have a very large number of blue eyed people either but then again its not that hard to find one nonetheless.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Saturday, December 24th, 2005 @ 11:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladygoeth33

When people say "Slavic look" they're detecting East Baltic or Ladogan features.

Another equally, if not more viable explanantion is that they aren't 'detecting' anything at all. There is no such thing as a 'Slavic look'. If the 'Slavic look' is equivalent to East-Baltic or "Ladogan" admixture, then most Finns, Balts, Northern Swedes, and a good number of Germans have it.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re the Slavs: it's too bad Polak is not around, he's adamant that there's such a thing as a Slavic look (and he's got genetic data to back up his assertions).

He has noticed that when he travels through Europe he gets easily recognized as a Slav.

My own experience is similar, I find that Slavs have well defined physiognomy.

Again, read Polak's informative entries on Slavs:

http://www.dienekes.com/blog/archives/000382.html

Last Online
    Sunday, November 29th, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/W.Baltic with Brunn
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Paleoconservative
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by friedrich braun
    Re the Slavs: it's too bad Polak is not around, he's adamant that there's such a thing as a Slavic look (and he's got genetic data to back up his assertions).

He has noticed that when he travels through Europe he gets easily recognized as a Slav.

My own experience is similar, I find that Slavs have well defined physiognomy.

Again, read Polak's informative entries on Slavs:

http://www.dienekes.com/blog/archives/000382.html
    I too think there is a Slavic look. I am half Polish, and I strongly resemble my dad, who is fully Polish. A number of people classified me, all saying I looked Scandanavian, but Polak rightly picked up on my Polish heritage, even though I hadn't told him about it. Also, I've been asked by a number of people if I am Russian, or Eastern European. When I told them they were on the right track, and asked them what tipped them off, they simply said that I "looked" Russian/Eastern European. I don't know what causes the look though. Perhaps this deserves to be a split thread.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb
    I too think there is a Slavic look. I am half Polish, and I strongly resemble my dad, who is fully Polish. A number of people classified me, all saying I looked Scandanavian, but Polak rightly picked up on my Polish heritage, even though I hadn't told him about it. Also, I've been asked by a number of people if I am Russian, or Eastern European. When I told them they were on the right track, and asked them what tipped them off, they simply said that I "looked" Russian/Eastern European. I don't know what causes the look though. Perhaps this deserves to be a split thread.
    I've had similar experiances. Whenever I visit Russia or encounter people from Russia, I'm always being mistaken for a native-born. I don't know my exact phenotype, but I have been told by many people from Eastern Europe that I look very much like a Ukrainian. This would make sense since I am of Ukrainian decent.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 20th, 2008 @ 08:58 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am sure there is such a look no matter if Slavic (not linguistic but geneticaly Slavic) person is nordic, subnordic/alpine, dinaric its very probably that will be share similar phenotype. I am tring to find a clue and stared this thread for such purposes. http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=5395 I supse that the most specific are regular eyes rather large and light, (closer to Ural also sometimes outer parts goes up, which is of course not Slavic trait but usualy peple not familar says so beacause Uralics are Russians linguitisticaly) Other trait is slightly rounded jaw. The whole face is rather long but slightly round and delicate with no sharp edges. Down part of the face is regular and not extremly long. Also distance beetwen nose and lips are medium and do not tend to be extreme. Noses are rather thin, stright and not extremly long or short. As far as i remember from nordish.com Slavic girls share frequently pedomorphism. Also the differnces betwen phenotypes of males and femeles tend to be greater then among Germans for example. According to nordish.com and it could be true for most of Slavic types the malars are only moderately projecting, especially when compared to those of East Baltics and Ladogans. And again usualy people not familiar call such a Ladogan trait as Slavic what is not true. As far as i know Northern Germans share similar trait so it could be general nordic (danubian?) or around baltic trait.

I have attached link to composite picture of Slavic girls from my region http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachme...achmentid=4466 and two pictures of rather not "Slavic looking" German girls from Berlin.(but of course such faces could also be found among Slavs)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That first woman looks Jewish, not Slavic.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 20th, 2008 @ 08:58 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cosmocreator
    That first woman looks Jewish, not Slavic.
    That right cosmo Both are from Berlin in Germany and i only wanted to show the extreme un-Slavic traits in in face edges, eyes and jaw and distance betwen nose and lips just to compare with composite picture of Slavic from the link.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast