Other
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson
    I have seen it and as far as I can see, only one looks really Slavic to me.
    Which one would that be? The Tatar in the Hawaiian shirt?

The rest could easily be from Sweden or something. Yes, I know they are Russians or something...
    They are Northeastern Russians. They are also somewhat darker pigmented than the Russian average (Yaroslavl Krai - 25% blond hair, 38% pure light eyes, Russian average - 33% blond hair, 45% pure light eyes). As a group, Russians simply don't get any more "Mongoloid influenced" than this. Uralic individuals can be found sporadically, but never as a group.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wend
    Sigrun, I am just interested in your opinion: how do think the majority of kids in this thread would look out of place in any Germanic country or not?
    http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=5097
    I am not sure if you've seen it or not.
    Those are easily recognisable Russians. The local Nordic/UP/Northern Pontic variants can hardly be mistaken for any other ethnicity.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 16th, 2021 @ 08:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by providenje
    We get our facial expressions from our cultures, yes.
    You know, I was thinking about it as I was reading the thread and I think there is certainly something to this....and perhaps this is what I meant when I wrote before to you providenje. It's a 'nebulous' sort of thing I suppose. Pundits speak of 'memes' as well as genes...they being culturally inherited mannerisms that we learn from others around us, as opposed to biologically traits.

Things of this sort are by no means foolproof. However, I could say the same thing about an Englishman. I have recogized facial and in partiuclar 'mouth holding' expressions on Brits even before they speak. Coon....or was it Baker? Anyway, one of them (and I can look for the passage) wrote about a 'Jewish expression' and how this was a more cultually inherited trait and that many American Jews have lost it (whatever the look was he was refering to).

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson
    My point is this: If were we such attitude monsters and believed ourselves to be so much better than the rest, then why on earth would we allow you to take part in our forum? Huh? And please, there are plenty of "Medicists" and "Slavicists" to go around.
    If you actually read what I wrote, you would've noticed that I said that many Nordics have an attitude problem towards non-Nordics. I did not nor have I ever said that all Nordics have this attitude problem.

None of us are Christians either, but there are plenty of Christians on the board. The bottom line: There is no discrimination taking place here.
    Ok where did I ever say anything like that? No need to put words in my mouth!

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yes, I saw an Alpine Englishman, whom I personally would attribute to Bosnia or somewhere else in the Balkans, whose smile, mannerisms and also clothes gave him away immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenson
    You know, I was thinking about it as I was reading the thread and I think there is certainly something to this....and perhaps this is what I meant when I wrote before to you providenje. It's a 'nebulous' sort of thing I suppose. Pundits speak of 'memes' as well as genes...they being culturally inherited mannerisms that we learn from others around us, as opposed to biologically traits.

Things of this sort are by no means foolproof. However, I could say the same thing about an Englishman. I have recogized facial and in partiuclar 'mouth holding' expressions on Brits even before they speak. Coon....or was it Baker? Anyway, one of them (and I can look for the passage) wrote about a 'Jewish expression' and how this was a more cultually inherited trait and that many American Jews have lost it (whatever the look was he was refering to).

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 8th, 2005 @ 08:48 PM
    Subrace
    Southern Europoid
    Hellenic Patriotism
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Cletus
    Alexander the Great had Golden Hair with Blue eyes
    Incorrect. Alexander the Great had brown hair and one blue and one black eye (Malalas Chronogr., 195.2)

http://murugan.org/research/alexander.jpg

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allenson

That would likely be Coon. It was just looking through the photos in The Races of Europe and in the photos of Jews he notes of one person 'but without the Jewish expression.'

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stríbog
    Slav is a linguistic grouping, not a racial one. There are plenty of Slavic Nords and Germanic non-Nords. There are even a few Italian and Spanish Nords.
    Polak thinks Slavs are a racial group, and he presents very compelling genetic, cultural, and linguistic evidence, see this discussion:

http://www.dienekes.com/blog/archives/000382.html

Well I'm not going to discount a book I haven't read. But if this is indeed what it's about...

"Slavic ethnicity is therefore shown to be a Byzantine invention."

Then I do have to wonder about the value of the Baxter Prize as well.

Is the prmise here that the Byzentines had a problem with what to call the invading hordes, and somehow came up with the name Sclave?

And then what? These invaders from the north then just thought, yeah, we'll call ourselves Sclavs. And then they also came up with one language to go along with that?

And what about the Slavs in the north, who never heard of the Byzentines? Why did they call themselves Slovenes? Why did they speak the same language as those people in the south who were pestering the Byzentines?

The truth is that most Slavs didn't care what the Byzentines thought. Us Poles never made it to the Balkans but we know we're Slavs (Slownianie).

I really don't see how anyone can call us an invented group when I can go to Macedonia and communicate with the locals there in Polish (and I've done it too).

Then there's the genetic evidence. Isn't it a bit of a cooincidence that all Slavs seem to be closer to each other than to their non-Slavic neighbors? Y-chromosome and mtDNA markers are very similar in all Slavic populations. That's a fact.

There is some cross over between the Germanic and west Slavic groups in terms of mtDNA, and between the Russians and Finns, but that's to be expected after 1000 years.

However, there is a clear common linguistic and genetic thread running through all Slavic populations, and I don't see how that can be refuted.

The Slavic word for Slavs is Slovene (Slowianie in Polish) - those who can speak.

Germans, on the other hand, in all Slavic languages are known as Niemtsy (Niemcy in Polish) - those who can't speak.

Are these Byzentine invetions too?

http://www.dienekes.com/blog/archives/000382.html
    Last edited by friedrich braun; Thursday, November 6th, 2003 at 07:39 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast