Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson

Anyway, has anyone noticed that the three Admins of this board are all Nords? And heathens!?
    And your point is?

Anyways, I have nothing against Meds. In fact I have some Spainish decent on my mother's side. Now as for Nordics prefering their own kind, I understand and agree to an extent. It's very much the same with me towards Slavs.

Although when dealing with non-Nordic whites, I do believe the Nords need the drop the attitude many of them have towards themselves. Thats just common decency.

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 09:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav
    "Nords" and "Meds" are both anthropological designations, whereas "Slavs" is a cultural.
    I think "Slavic" is also racial. The minute I saw your face, Triglav, I knew were you were Slavic and you needn't have told me that or anything about your culture to convince me of it. Okay, so you're one Helluva good-looking Slav, but that's not the point...

Quote Originally Posted by volks
    I am not sure what you mean that all the three admins of this board are "Nords". Do you mean so-called Nordid types? Is it a geographical designation?
    Yes, we are all three Nordid types and no, I do not mean geographically, I mean racially. We are Nords and Germano-centric ones to boot! My point being this: If we were to believe that eveyone else is so inferior, why would we allow them into our forum? I'm sick of people complaining about discrimination. No one is being discriminated against here so quit the whining already. No one is banned, barred, or restricted from this forum based on his type and all are free to express their views. Now, where exactly is the discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetinari
    If you are a Nord then why do you use an image from a book called "Celtic Magic" as your avatar?
    Why not? I think it kinda looks like me and I like it so I use it. Where's the conflict? Would you be happer if I chose a picture from a book called "Nordic Magic"? What does this have to do with anything... ?

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pushkin
    And your point is?

Although when dealing with non-Nordic whites, I do believe the Nords need the drop the attitude many of them have towards themselves. Thats just common decency.
    My point is this: If were we such attitude monsters and believed ourselves to be so much better than the rest, then why on earth would we allow you to take part in our forum? Huh? And please, there are plenty of "Medicists" and "Slavicists" to go around.

None of us are Christians either, but there are plenty of Christians on the board. The bottom line: There is no discrimination taking place here.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 @ 11:45 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Environmentalism and eugenics
    Religion
    occultism & Nature worship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I prefer my own kind: Nords. I don't hate Meds or Slavs, but my personal preference is for Nords. I am attracted to Nords. I only consider Nords my close kin. Racial egalitarianism isn't the mission behind this forum either.

There have been just as many attacks & insults against Nords from the Meds & Slavs inhabiting this board as there have been coming from the Nords directed towards other. Everyone needs to toughen up and lighten up a bit.

Anyway, has anyone noticed that the three Admins of this board are all Nords? And heathens!?

-Sigrun
    Slav is a linguistic grouping, not a racial one. There are plenty of Slavic Nords and Germanic non-Nords. There are even a few Italian and Spanish Nords.

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ja, Triglav is a Nordish Slav, but he's still Slavic-looking.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ja, Triglav is a Nordish Slav, but he's still Slavic-looking.
    This is interesting. May you please explain to me what the slavic look is?

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think "Slavic" is also racial.
    That's the point: it isn't. The Slavic nations encompass other sub-types than the Germanic, Celtic or Romance, and there is also a lot of overlap. It's a matter of interpretation and regional differentiations are often a lot more useful. Linguistic/cultural terms are often employed to recapitulate the types that are found in ethnic, linguistic and political communities. I am pretty sure that Slovenia is sub-racially more similar to Austria, a "Germanic" nation, than to Croatia, our closest "Slavic" neighbours.

The minute I saw your face, Triglav, I knew were you were Slavic and you needn't have told me that or anything about your culture to convince me of it. Okay, so you're one Helluva good-looking Slav, but that's not the point...

People (lay physical anthropologists, mostly from this board) have assigned me to Sweden, Finland, Estonia, the Baltic states, Czechia and Northern Russia. From my observations, I would go with the Baltic states and I guess I would look more in place in any of these countries than my native (poor me). In my case especially, it seems to depend on the set of pictures, really, since people have changed my classification from Faelid to Baltid after I showed them my old ones (in which I was chubbier). In those I was said to be "Northern Russian" and "Czech" which you and many probably interpret as "Slavic".

Why not? I think it kinda looks like me and I like it so I use it. Where's the conflict? Would you be happer if I chose a picture from a book called "Nordic Magic"? What does this have to do with anything... ?
    I guess this misunderstanding arises from the fact that 3 elements are repeatedly being confused (misused): (sub-)racial, geographical and anthropological. I suggest we stick to the correct designations for convenience's sake. I wish we could do that for being scientifically consistent, but that's obviously only a piece of wishful thinking. After all, some believe in what they write and try to be unbiased. However, as Volksdeutsche(r) correctly put it, physical anthropology is pseudo-science and we should also take it with a grain of salt.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav
    In my case especially, it seems to depend on the set of pictures, really, since people have changed my classification from Faelid to Baltid after I showed them my old ones

Guilty!

I think I might have mentioned a Baltid strain though....didn't I? Right? j/k!

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am telling you, and y'all, Triglav looks Slavic! Post your pic! Grrr! And no, you do not look East Baltic! You are a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Nordish Slavic-looking person!

ANYWAY! This isn't the point of this thread! The point is: Skadi does not discriminate against Meds, Slavs, Aliens, Freaks, Retards, Canadians, Lepers or anyone else!

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am telling you, and y'all, Triglav looks Slavic! Post your pic! Grrr! And no, you do not look East Baltic! You are a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Nordish Slavic-looking person!

ANYWAY! This isn't the point of this thread! The point is: Skadi does not discriminate against Meds, Slavs, Aliens, Freaks, Retards, Canadians, Lepers or anyone else!
    Aha, I was just curious as to what you think a "slavic look" is. Anyway, people tell me I look like me mum

I think dalonord also told me I look slavic once hehe.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast