mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milesian View Post
    IN FOCUSING ON THE SUBJECT OF ABORTION, much has been contended from a medical and social perspective. But when we pull the lid off and look at abortion from a spiritual perspective, the implications are far more profound and staggering.
    Too bad Milesian hasn't posted in many years!

From a spiritual perspective, abortion is reprehensible, because of the direct creation of each individual human soul at conception. This view is part of the deposit of the Christian faith and has been taught since the Fifth Lateran Council, and in Humani Generis (1950), Pope Pius XII upholds that souls are immediately created by God.

I assume traducianists would think differently...
    'Well, what are you?" said the Pigeon. "I can see you're trying to invent something!" "I-I'm a little girl," said Alice, rather doubtfully. She found herself at last in a beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, February 27th, 2020 @ 08:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Hitlerism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post

From a spiritual perspective, abortion is reprehensible, because of the direct creation of each individual human soul at conception. This view is part of the deposit of the Christian faith and has been taught since the Fifth Lateran Council, and in Humani Generis (1950), Pope Pius XII upholds that souls are immediately created by God.

The soul does not begin with physical conception and does not end with physical death. The Christian view on these matters is what makes it coincide with Judaism, despite it's conception of a "spiritual world".

A baby develops it's consciousness gradually from external influences. When was there ever a time where a baby could speak immediately upon conception?

Nowadays, they declare a man who's a human vegetable or completely lost his will to live as being still alive.

When a body is being tortured, where does the consciousness evacuate to?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminus For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    The soul does not begin with physical conception and does not end with physical death. The Christian view on these matters is what makes it coincide with Judaism, despite it's conception of a "spiritual world".
    Am I understanding correctly that you believe in the pre-existence of the human soul?
    'Well, what are you?" said the Pigeon. "I can see you're trying to invent something!" "I-I'm a little girl," said Alice, rather doubtfully. She found herself at last in a beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains.

One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Dacian (Moldavia, Transylvania) & German (Buchenland, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óšins męr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    I also believe in reincarnation, in other words in the pre-existence of the human soul.

And this belief was present in Christianity as well in its very beginning, it just got removed from its doctrines on purpose by the Church. People who fear endless suffering after death are easier to manipulate than those who believe in reincarnation.

I found the opening post of this thread interesting in the beginning, but after a while I concluded to myself that it's too dogmatic and too 'Christian' because it considers Heathen gods, such as Aphrodite or Isis, as satanic... and even the cult of the Great Mother. This doesn't fit my spiritual views at all.

While I was strongly against abortion before reading that article, after reading it I started to consider other perspectives on it too (but I'm still against it). However, it's still life there, life from the very beginning, from the moment of conception in my opinion, and it's still a murder. But people who decide to do this or who help doing abortions are going to suffer the consequences. This is what reincarnation is about, about cause and effect, about karma, about suffering the consequences to your own actions sooner or later.

The view of that article is very narrow in my opinion, in tune with the dogmatic Christian (and not only) view that all women are evil and that they must be controlled by men. Of course a woman has the right to decide what she's going to do with her own body and to whatever is in there, including another life too, and of course she will be responsible for the decisions she takes!

Killing is murder no matter who you kill, but it can be justified if it's in self-defense or if it's about survival.

Nevertheless, I learned something new from the opening post, interesting indeed.

Personally I make clear distinctions between satanism and heathenism, but it seems some people don't. And what is witchcraft and what is not, this has been 'debated' for a long while, see for example Inquisition. There is black magic and white magic, of course, and the rituals performed in the Church by the priests are also 'magic'. The line between those two is usually very clear, but too often there was (and still is) manipulation and seek for power and control, so things were (and still are) exaggerated in one way or another. Unfortunately we're still in some dark middle ages from some perspectives...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vķšįlfr For This Useful Post:

Whamen Respekter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 01:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    "A woman's body is a metaphysical door between heaven and the earthly realm, the only such portal that is. The womb is just a filament through which a soul breaks after flowering for weeks.

To describe the termination of this process as "women's health" is to beclown the world."
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 08:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post

I think that almost nobody knows what traducianists are.

But does the belief about the origin of the soul affect the position on abortion from a 'spiritual' perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson View Post
    Anything inside her body belongs to her and it is at her discretion what she does with her own body and its contents. I hate to sound so cliche, but if men could get pregnant, abortion would be a right spelled out in every constitution in every country on earth.
    You were already wrong on your first statement's premises, and this isn't true neither.

Man can get into conflicts and commit common murder, still it isn't legal let alone a right in "all countries of the Earth".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Theunissen For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theunissen View Post
    I think that almost nobody knows what traducianists are.
    Very true! I'm unsure what I had in mind when I mentioned them, other than to contrast that in traducianism, the belief is that the generation of the soul is brought forth from the union of the parents, as opposed to being directly created by God. I disagree, of course, that the soul is generated by natural biological processes. Others may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Theunissen View Post
    But does the belief about the origin of the soul affect the position on abortion from a 'spiritual' perspective.
    Difficult question. Depending on when one thinks ensoulment occurs, some creationists might be more inclined to support abortion (example: the forty day rule), if they don't believe ensoulment occurs immediately at conception. Traducianists, on the other hand, would probably seem to be more unilaterally pro-life. I really don't know, though.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 06:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    Scot, Swedish, Austria
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Grandparent
    Occupation
    artist
    Politics
    EOne Nation (Australia)
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    https://www.mpg.de/12308867/stickleb...sation-control ; the egg chooses the sperm. This demonstrates that life preceeds conception and that there is no "begining of life". Neither the egg or sperm die at conception, there is a continuous flow of life from one body to the next!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawx For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123