Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hang in There: The 25-Year Wait for Immortality

Sonja
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God
    I agree with alot of your sentiment on this, but I must point out that over-popuation is not much of a threat in the developed world any longer, the reverse is probably true.
    The undeveloped world very much impacts the developed world in a globalistic society. People chase money, and the citizens of economically less developed countries are moving to Western nations. We favour them. It is not a healthy cycle.

I don't think the drug companies are going to be giving away expensive life-extention drugs free to the third world when, (and it is when, not if) they are invented.
    No? I guess you haven't spoken with many human rights advocates lately. I can see it now: "This must be available for all peoples! The rich are greedy tycoons! They have no more of a right to prolonged life than anyone else!" By the way, nobody would advocate forced sterility either, since it would be immoral. Common sense is lost. We are killing ourselves.

But I agree that concept of immortlity has something vaguely immoral about it, though I can't put my finger on what it is, maybe it is the virtual prevention of any further generations from being born, that I find wrong.
    Further generations are our immortality. This is the way that it should be.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 @ 08:27 PM
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Having a longtime companion
    Occupation
    X-Rays & Uranium
    Religion
    I Exist.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As much as I like the romantics of a Highlander/Anne Rice version of eternal existence, I must say I have little interest in spending 30+(or 50+... or more) years in an old folks home...

Last Online
    Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 08:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Subrace
    Troendertype/Nordid/Faelish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Divorced, looking
    Occupation
    Impregnating Captured Earthwomen
    Politics
    Folk and Land
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by eyðimörk
    I cannot grasp why immortality has always been something that people have strived to attain... We die for a reason, it is what is naturally supposed to occur.
    I don't mind the dying, but I hate the idea of missing out on future events :vote_no:
    http://northwestfront.org/

......naturally the best man could give them the best children. Because of that these chosen Freyr priests had several wives. - Varg Vikernes

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 7th, 2006 @ 12:24 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWalker
    I don't mind the dying, but I hate the idea of missing out on future events
    I don't think anything that will happen in the next 100 years will be worth sticking around for... Society is in a state of decay and unless dramatic improvements are made, and soon, this place will be nothing but a pile of trash fit only for the vermin and rabble that are oozing from every crack and crevice. My fear is not death, my fear is whether people can save themselves... from themselves.
    "Nature! We are surrounded and embraced by her:
    powerless to separate ourselves from her, and powerless to penetrate beyond her.

Without asking, or warning, she snatches us up into her circling dance, and whirls us on until we are tired, and drop from her arms." - Goethe

Last Online
    Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 08:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Subrace
    Troendertype/Nordid/Faelish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Divorced, looking
    Occupation
    Impregnating Captured Earthwomen
    Politics
    Folk and Land
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by eyðimörk
    ... Society is in a state of decay and unless dramatic improvements are made, and soon,
    Itz the "dramatic improvements" that I don't want to miss out on 1:
    http://northwestfront.org/

......naturally the best man could give them the best children. Because of that these chosen Freyr priests had several wives. - Varg Vikernes

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 08:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja
    The undeveloped world very much impacts the developed world in a globalistic society. People chase money, and the citizens of economically less developed countries are moving to Western nations. We favour them. It is not a healthy cycle.
    I see life extention as something which will happen eventually

Scientists think, that judging from current trends, the world population will stabilise at around 9 billion by the middle of the century.
    Europe, North America, China the former USSR and Japan already have stable populations, South-East Asia should soon follow suit. The last big and fast growing population centre is India and it cannot grow much further until it solves its increasingly severe water shortages, by which time, hopefully its government will get the message and implement a Chinese style, one child rule.

No? I guess you haven't spoken with many human rights advocates lately. I can see it now: "This must be available for all peoples! The rich are greedy tycoons! They have no more of a right to prolonged life than anyone else!" By the way, nobody would advocate forced sterility either, since it would be immoral. Common sense is lost. We are killing ourselves.
    Medicating entire populations will be extraordinarily expensive for third world countries even at pennies a time. India does not have that kind of money. It would be a huge project for the first world to medicate all of it's own people.

When Indian companies started making unlicensed Aids drugs a couple of years ago they were banned from doing so by the courts until a deal was struck with the American drug companies, no matter what, Glaxo gets paid first. Africans still can't get good Aids drugs. If the immortality argument came into play things might pan out a little differently, but the drug corporations will not be allowed to lose money, and that's an economic reality.

You might be right on the sterilisation, we could only hope then, that the average immortal has their mind on higher things than procreation which is probably too much to expect.

Further generations are our immortality. This is the way that it should be.
    If everybody was that spiritually mature and could keep that one thought foremost in their minds the world would be a near utopia.

Btw. I see life extention as something which will happen eventually.It is the logical conclusion of western medicine and individualist culture.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Last Online
    Saturday, February 17th, 2007 @ 06:33 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where are your longest lived relations from, if you don't mind me asking?
    Oslo/Kristiania, Norway.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 6th, 2005 @ 10:35 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just what we need, people who don't die...

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lifespans of several hundred years are already possbile in theory, and very soon they will be possible in practice. And as always, it will be Whites who make this possible, only to have the non-Whites demanding that we once again share all our accomplishments with them.

Whites have always focused on quality rather than quantity in offspring. Until very recently it has worked fine -- that is until we gave non-Whites the means to extend their own lives, while they still focus on their own reproductive strategy, which could be described as throwing s*** against the wall, and hoping at least some of it sticks. In other words, the non-Whites still breed like flies, while we Whites help them and their offspring to survive and multiply.

Assuming that we Whites finally wake up and begin to look after ourselves as a race, any technology that extends lifespans would be a boon. It would not be hard to have four, five or even more kids if this is done over, say sixty years -- since these technologies would not just prolong one's old age, but fertile adulthood. Imagine a situation where a woman could be in child-bearing age for a hundred years!

Whites already have lifespans that are several decades longer than blacks for example. I see no reason to change this trend.

Of course, at the time the alternative scenario looks more likely: as non-Whites multiply and mix with Whites, average IQ's and everything else along with them will continue to plummet, until we reach a new dark age. But even if this happens I'm convonced that at some point whatever Whites remain will finally start fighting back, and lead us to a rebirth.

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 21st, 2005 @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would be all for us living longer... just so long as our reproductive years also lengthen. I mean, living two hundred years, of which 135 years would be as elderly, doesn't seem too appealing to me.

Come to think of it... I think our reproductive years should be shifted to older years anyway, with our current lifespans. If we hit puberty at 20 rather than 12, and women had menopause at 55 rather than 45, I think it would solve a lot of problems. Seriously... 12-year-old puberty is meant for the Dark Ages, not for the times we live in now. Likewise, there are a lot of women in their thirties and forties who try to get pregnant but cannot, so they use IVF (a wasteful method if there ever was one) or worse... adopt a nonwhite.1:

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf Eder
    Just what we need, people who don't die...
    Can you imagine Boosh, Hillary Clinton, Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller, or Fidel Castro never dying? :O

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast