View Poll Results: Should army be seen as a job or a patriotic duty?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always a Job

0 0%
  • Always a Duty.

14 48.28%
  • Both, it depends on the situation.

12 41.38%
  • Neither/Other (please elaborate)

3 10.34%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Serving in the Army: A Job or a Duty?

Bavarian Berkserkr
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 @ 07:03 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Primarily German. Other northern European listed in DNA test results.
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired military and student.
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sigurd, I'm too green to send personal messages; I don't have fifteen posts. My vote goes to duty, obviously. Haha. Could you please make the poll reflect that choice?

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    My allegiance is to myself, my family, my clan (though there are exceptions), my tribe, my race. There it stops.

I have no allegiance to a jew-manipulated state.

I have trouble to defend people who are brainwashed by Jews.

For me it boils down to always defend my family and the people who believe in the same idea as I do.

With others I see what I can do, but I would not wholeheartedly defend them. (Depends on the enemy though, racially others attacking the lands of white people is differently)

I served in the german Army as generations of my ancestors before me. I would not do it today but look for better means to serve my people.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 @ 05:36 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Scottish/German
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    work sucks
    Politics
    ethno nationalism
    Religion
    Catholic Texas German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In college when I'd go drinking at bars with friends we'd always talk to off-duty army guys back from Iraq or Afghanistan.

We'd give them cigarets to get them talking, and basically they'd just sit there and bitch about how much they hated their officers and how the brass never did anything and made them do stupid things that served no purpose.

Certainly there was no mention of patriotism. They were fast to insist they were doing it for a job or to get in the door with a security contractor. Most frankly speaking were extremely troubled individuals. They'd have a young wife or a handful of ex-wives hanging around.

Military guys are notoriously terrible for a community. They absolutely wreak holy hell and then some on the local under 25, female populace. The govt. gives them some form of tax breaks or financial incentive if they have a wife so all these young guys marry what can only be called the most impressionable young women on earth. They marry them, get them pregnant, cheat on them, divorce them, and do it all over again with another 19 year old. Having a military base in ones community is literally a terrible, terrible thing for the young, uneducated women of that community.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    In college when I'd go drinking at bars with friends we'd always talk to off-duty army guys back from Iraq or Afghanistan.

We'd give them cigarets to get them talking, and basically they'd just sit there and bitch about how much they hated their officers and how the brass never did anything and made them do stupid things that served no purpose.

Certainly there was no mention of patriotism. They were fast to insist they were doing it for a job or to get in the door with a security contractor. Most frankly speaking were extremely troubled individuals. They'd have a young wife or a handful of ex-wives hanging around.

Military guys are notoriously terrible for a community. They absolutely wreak holy hell and then some on the local under 25, female populace. The govt. gives them some form of tax breaks or financial incentive if they have a wife so all these young guys marry what can only be called the most impressionable young women on earth. They marry them, get them pregnant, cheat on them, divorce them, and do it all over again with another 19 year old. Having a military base in ones community is literally a terrible, terrible thing for the young, uneducated women of that community.
    ^So is the opinion of many that cannot or will not face the challenges or the strength of being a soldier. Many times I have heard such things from individuals who find it so easy to sit back and play armchair politics yet most of it is talk and not action. The left has long been breeding such resentment for the military or persons who are in the military. Some will even call themselves preservationist yet lack the skill or courage to face the adversity that it takes to be in the military. Factually put until they have been in the military those people should not even attempt to make statements like the one above, otherwise they are just spouting off the things they were conditioned to think.

Many times I have seen young men marry in the military and they are still married twenty years later to the same woman. Another point is that they are at least getting a woman and having children. Ever think these young girls are impressed by the fact that the men in the military are at showing signs of being a man, much more than most college guys do at the same age.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Scottish/German
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    work sucks
    Politics
    ethno nationalism
    Religion
    Catholic Texas German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    ^So is the opinion of many that cannot or will not face the challenges or the strength of being a soldier. Many times I have heard such things from individuals who find it so easy to sit back and play armchair politics yet most of it is talk and not action. The left has long been breeding such resentment for the military or persons who are in the military. Some will even call themselves preservationist yet lack the skill or courage to face the adversity that it takes to be in the military. Factually put until they have been in the military those people should not even attempt to make statements like the one above, otherwise they are just spouting off the things they were conditioned to think.

Many times I have seen young men marry in the military and they are still married twenty years later to the same woman. Another point is that they are at least getting a woman and having children. Ever think these young girls are impressed by the fact that the men in the military are at showing signs of being a man, much more than most college guys do at the same age.

Not really. I do however see the pregnant 17-19 year old's who have to go to their parents and explain how they married an army guy who left on a tour only to find out that upon returning he slept with another 19 year old who he met at the bar and now wants a divorce.

These young women's lives are decimated by these idiots. The child is raised in poverty and is usually into every vice one can imagine because it has no father and it's mother was just a child and still is.

I agree some military guys do do it right. The problem is they are not the majority. They are the vast minority. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2009/12...e-to-increase/
    Last edited by Juthunge; Friday, August 19th, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Language

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    610 Posts
    Not really. I do however see the pregnant 17-19 year old's who have to go to their parents and explain how they married an army guy who left on a tour only to find out that upon returning he f**ked another 19 year old who he met at the bar and now wants a divorce.
    This happens just as much and maybe even more so in civilian life as it does in the military, it is part of the downgrade of our society caused by the left.

These young women's lives are decimated by these idiots. The child is raised in poverty and is usually into every vice one can imagine because it has no father and it's mother was just a child and still is.
    No more than they are decimated by those that are not in the military, really this is mute point you are making as these things happen to girls that don't get involved with military men. Actually it probably happens more in civilian life as far as numbers go. At least with the man being in the military she could get support payments as he has a income to pay such payments. In fact there is a number of girls who wish trap military men for that very reason, some have wish full thinking they will be taken care of for life by these means.

I agree some military guys do do it right. The problem is they are not the majority. They are the vast minority. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2009/12...e-to-increase/
    This just compares divorce rates from year to year within the military, not military compared to non-military rates. So there again it is not good comparison. Yes divorce is high in the military mostly due to the fact of deployment. Often times when men are deployed 'Jody' comes sniffing around and wrecking families. In this case it is not always the fault of the soldier.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts

You can find people like you just described hanging at any bar, the fact that they hang out at bars drinking & talking too much says more about them then the fact they were military.

Military guys are notoriously terrible for a community.
    Some communities welcome them because of the money they spend.
    They absolutely wreak holy hell and then some on the local under 25, female populace.
    Ah, that is it, the competion for female attention. Yeah, there is a sexual inbalance in communities with military bases in the 18-25 age demographic.

The govt. gives them some form of tax breaks or financial incentive if they have a wife so all these young guys marry what can only be called the most impressionable young women on earth.
    The military provides a housing allowance but if you have no dependents the military keeps the allowance inexchange for your bunk shipboard or in the barracks, though men with dependents get the same accommodations & the housing allowance. I knew several men in the navy who married Filipinas, who needed a greencard, to get the allowance. Others married barflies or naked dancers in a marriage-of-convience.

They marry them, get them pregnant, cheat on them, divorce them, and do it all over again with another 19 year old. Having a military base in ones community is literally a terrible, terrible thing for the young, uneducated women of that community.
    These girls sound like they were going to make bad choices anyway. Many times it is the military men who get screwed over in these marriages, they get snagged by these predatory females looking for a meal ticket.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Scottish/German
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    work sucks
    Politics
    ethno nationalism
    Religion
    Catholic Texas German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    This happens just as much and maybe even more so in civilian life as it does in the military, it is part of the downgrade of our society caused by the left.

No more than they are decimated by those that are not in the military, really this is mute point you are making as these things happen to girls that don't get involved with military men. Actually it probably happens more in civilian life as far as numbers go. At least with the man being in the military she could get support payments as he has a income to pay such payments. In fact there is a number of girls who wish trap military men for that very reason, some have wish full thinking they will be taken care of for life by these means.

This just compares divorce rates from year to year within the military, not military compared to non-military rates. So there again it is not good comparison. Yes divorce is high in the military mostly due to the fact of deployment. Often times when men are deployed 'Jody' comes sniffing around and wrecking families. In this case it is not always the fault of the soldier.

Yes I don't blame military guys honestly, I blame the women more for as you said they do very much try to abuse these young guys incomes and it usually doesn't turn out well for the woman as the guy just does what the court orders him to do payment wise then splits. If military guys can get easy access to immature 18 year old's out of some female nostalgia of a soldier then good for them, better they get some of that over the non-white alternative. I do actually like it in a sense that military people do have children more often and it is a good thing ultimately. However there is a lot of social chaos in-between that nice little scenario, though it undeniably does create a lot of white children that would never exist otherwise, albeit through what might not constitute exactly logical long-term decisions.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Scottish/German
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    work sucks
    Politics
    ethno nationalism
    Religion
    Catholic Texas German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęmeric View Post

Some communities welcome them because of the money they spend.Ah, that is it, the competion for female attention. Yeah, there is a sexual inbalance in communities with military bases in the 18-25 age demographic.
    Let me assure you the women the average under 25 military guy generally marries are not exactly what most guys are competing for one might venture to say (lol that could be a very big understatement).

We're talking girls right out of high-school who aren't even 20 yet. These aren't realistic unions. I'd deem them "ignorance marriages" and that would be putting it charitably.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 10:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    691 Posts
    I have nothing but disdain for people killing merely for the money, or by some absurd conviction that mindlessly following their overlord's orders in itself is somehow a virtue. I don't understand how that makes anyone more of a 'man'. If anything, it makes you a weakling.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast