View Poll Results: Do You Believe In God?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 37.93%
  • No

39 44.83%
  • Not Sure

15 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In God?

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 01:18 AM
    Subrace
    Eriliskaz
    Hermit
    Occupation
    Teutonologist
    Politics
    Pangermanicism
    Religion
    Aðelakhaiðús.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Re: Do You Believe In God?

I am not Christian, nor do I adhere to or any other religions. But I do have sense of wonder about the order Nature and of the universe which seems to reflect some sort of conscious guidance. I don't pretend to understand this consciousness, but I think it probably exists. I guess I could refer to this entity as God.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Eriliskaz
    Hermit
    Occupation
    Teutonologist
    Politics
    Pangermanicism
    Religion
    Aðelakhaiðús.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

To me God exists simply because such a being can be conceptualized. If God doesn't exist where do we get this concept from?
    I can conceptualize a lot of things which are impossible.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Eriliskaz
    Hermit
    Occupation
    Teutonologist
    Politics
    Pangermanicism
    Religion
    Aðelakhaiðús.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I believe in the fate and the timeless circulation of the being.
    I believe in fate too. I think this a very Germanic characteristic, the belief or a strong belief in fate. I guess my concept of fate is similar to the "Wyrd" of the Anglo-Saxons and that of the Germanic pagans in general. That is, I believe that the course of a man's life is laid out before he is born. That "choice" is an illusion. Everything that we do and everything that is done to us happens for a reason. Every single event happens necessarily. There is no such thing as chance. Existence is just one infinite chain-reaction.

In repose
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, February 10th, 2007 @ 08:47 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Comrades,

The fact that anyone in a modern industrial society can genuinely believe in an: invisible, non-communicative, magical anthropomorphic father creator being can only be attributed to acculturalisation. i.e. People believe in God because they have been hearing about God since they left the womb. They are brainwashed.

Our remote ancestors invented Gods and spirits to explain natural phenomenon and the events in their daily lives for which they could conceive of no rational explanation.

For a modern, even semi- educated individual to truly believe in these irrational and scientifically insupportable beliefs is beyond me.

In my oppinion, the primary motivating factor for a belief in God and the Hereafter is that people simply cannot accept that we are biologically no different than any other life form on this planet in that we will die and we will cease to exist as sentient, conscious entities.

But of course this is the most contentious issue man has ever faced and will continue to be.
    I'd rather be a non-Theist and live and allow others to live, rather than a Theist and oppress and cause the deaths of countless human beings who do not share my phantasies.

Best wishes and pass the collection plate,
    _GM.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnorriSturluson
    There are two words in the question which bother me: "believe" and "God". (Doesn't leave much, does it ?) I distrust belief. Being an agnostic, I admit it when I do not know whether something is true or not. As I see it, belief is asserting the truth of a statement that I do not know and cannot know to be true, just because I want it to be true. I try not to "believe" anything. I am willing to accept the truth of an unproved proposition as a a working hypothesis to be tested. If it can't be tested, then I refuse to accept its truth. I admit my ignorance. That is what agnosticism is all about. I think that it it a vastly more honest intellectual position than faith......Philosophical speculation in the areas of ontology and cosmology has led me to consider seriously the concept of intelligent design by a supreme being as opposed to random chance as an explanation of the remarkable coincidences which must otherwise be postulated and accepted to account for the fundamental concepts of physics......There are three fundamental physical constants: the gravitational constant which relates gravitational force to mass and distance; Planck's constant which relates the energy and wavelength or frequency of a quantum of electromagnetic energy; and the fine structure constant which expresses the probability that an electron will capture a quantum of electromagnetic energy.....Pretty abstruse stuff, you may say. HOWEVER, unless each of these constants has EXACTLY (out to the sixth decimal place, anyhow) the value which it does have, thic universe could not exist. The range of possible values of EACH of these constants is infinite. It seems remarkable to me that even one of them has just the value required for this universe to exist. That all three of them should boggles my imagination. Did this happen by accident? I think that that explanation stretches coindicence to the breaking point. But if not accident, what ? It seems to me to be hard to escape the notion that this requires the intervention of an intelligent entity......I call this, admittedly hypothetical, entity the Supreme Being . Such a being is inconceivable and incomprehensible to our intellects. Any attempt to conceive of it leads merely to anthropomorphizing it. Whatever this being may be, there is no reason to envision it as , in any wise, resembling a human being. One can speculate that it must have consciousness and will in order to do what I have suggested that it did: to set the values of the fundamental physical constants and establish the laws of physics (whether they be prescriptive or descriptive) required for this universe to exist......I do NOT see that the existence of such an entity requires that it be concerned in any way with the lives and actions of individual human beings, or that it be amenable to persuasion by human beings. However much back-bending, self-abasing grovelling a man may do, there is no reason to accept the idea that his entreaties can influence the inexorable operation of the laws of nature. For this reason, I find the anthropomorphic concept of "God" preposterous and rather disgusting. It depicts the Supreme Being as vain, avid for praise, susceptible to flattery, capricious, and often vindictive. What a mean paltry concept of a sublime entity !
    If God created mankind it would seem he would have some interest in it.
    You are simply comparing the traits of man to God. Such a comparision does not follow.

Quote Originally Posted by thiedischer
    I can conceptualize a lot of things which are impossible.
    That makes it a potentiality. Nothing can be a potentiality if it weren't based on some schema of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaian Meroveus
    Comrades,

The fact that anyone in a modern industrial society can genuinely believe in an: invisible, non-communicative, magical anthropomorphic father creator being can only be attributed to acculturalisation. i.e. People believe in God because they have been hearing about God since they left the womb. They are brainwashed.

Our remote ancestors invented Gods and spirits to explain natural phenomenon and the events in their daily lives for which they could conceive of no rational explanation.

For a modern, even semi- educated individual to truly believe in these irrational and scientifically insupportable beliefs is beyond me.

In my oppinion, the primary motivating factor for a belief in God and the Hereafter is that people simply cannot accept that we are biologically no different than any other life form on this planet in that we will die and we will cease to exist as sentient, conscious entities.

But of course this is the most contentious issue man has ever faced and will continue to be.
    I'd rather be a non-Theist and live and allow others to live, rather than a Theist and oppress and cause the deaths of countless human beings who do not share my phantasies.

Best wishes and pass the collection plate,
    _GM.
    Science is just the observation of the operation of nature. It does not explain the origin of nature it is simply an observation.

God is used to explain the origin of nature which Science can not.

In repose
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, February 10th, 2007 @ 08:47 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Science is just the observation of the operation of nature. It does not explain the origin of nature it is simply an observation.

Personally i accept that mankind is- at his present state of evolution - simply psycho-biologically incapable of fully comprehending or intellectualising the mysteries of existance and the origins of the universe.

But i am a humble 'soul'.

Best wishes,
    _GM.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    But on which basis? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger
    The Creator of the Universe would have to be outside the bounds of Time and Space and therefore have no physical body.

.....for a white Europe
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, March 17th, 2007 @ 06:24 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid/Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Family
    Körbchengröße G
    Occupation
    being Nazi, playing Hatecore
    Politics
    Worldfascism
    Religion
    Alyssa Milano
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Do You Believe In God?

I do not believe in God. I believe in myself and my Fatherland

www.fw.nationales-netz.com

Nachrichten, Demoberichte, CD-Besprechungen, Interviews, Männerkalender, tägliche Kolumne

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    The Creator of the Universe would have to be outside the bounds of Time and Space and therefore have no physical body.
    Who says so? Other than you I have proof, see this document

Or proof to me that this is wrong
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast