View Poll Results: Do You Believe In God?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 37.93%
  • No

39 44.83%
  • Not Sure

15 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In God?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried
    "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."
    ~Frank Lloyd Wright

Likewise

I believe in the infinite wisdom of Nature as a whole, of which we are parts and not seperate entities.

Du hast meine Ehre besudelt!
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, June 4th, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Ich krich Buttermarken
    Politics
    Deutsche Offensive
    Religion
    Buffdadada! Buffdadada!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Do You Believe In God?

I only believe in myself! What/who is god? Which god? Yahweh, Allah,...? The only thing what "created" us is time and nature-No god!

* Verräter verfallen der Feme! *

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: AW: Do You Believe In God?

In nomeni patri et fili et spiritus sancti, of course I believe in God. Sic semper infidelis
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 21st, 2006 @ 08:03 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to believe in god(s). Unfortunately, in everyday life, I see no apparent manifestation of the divine. ZERO.

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I pity you. One day you might. Try reading Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics, some Plato, the Bible, St. Augustine's City of God and if you can be bothered digging your head into it, perhaps Summa Theologica by Aquinas. I plan on buying Summa Theologica tomorrow.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There are two words in the question which bother me: "believe" and "God". (Doesn't leave much, does it ?) I distrust belief. Being an agnostic, I admit it when I do not know whether something is true or not. As I see it, belief is asserting the truth of a statement that I do not know and cannot know to be true, just because I want it to be true. I try not to "believe" anything. I am willing to accept the truth of an unproved proposition as a a working hypothesis to be tested. If it can't be tested, then I refuse to accept its truth. I admit my ignorance. That is what agnosticism is all about. I think that it it a vastly more honest intellectual position than faith......Philosophical speculation in the areas of ontology and cosmology has led me to consider seriously the concept of intelligent design by a supreme being as opposed to random chance as an explanation of the remarkable coincidences which must otherwise be postulated and accepted to account for the fundamental concepts of physics......There are three fundamental physical constants: the gravitational constant which relates gravitational force to mass and distance; Planck's constant which relates the energy and wavelength or frequency of a quantum of electromagnetic energy; and the fine structure constant which expresses the probability that an electron will capture a quantum of electromagnetic energy.....Pretty abstruse stuff, you may say. HOWEVER, unless each of these constants has EXACTLY (out to the sixth decimal place, anyhow) the value which it does have, thic universe could not exist. The range of possible values of EACH of these constants is infinite. It seems remarkable to me that even one of them has just the value required for this universe to exist. That all three of them should boggles my imagination. Did this happen by accident? I think that that explanation stretches coindicence to the breaking point. But if not accident, what ? It seems to me to be hard to escape the notion that this requires the intervention of an intelligent entity......I call this, admittedly hypothetical, entity the Supreme Being . Such a being is inconceivable and incomprehensible to our intellects. Any attempt to conceive of it leads merely to anthropomorphizing it. Whatever this being may be, there is no reason to envision it as , in any wise, resembling a human being. One can speculate that it must have consciousness and will in order to do what I have suggested that it did: to set the values of the fundamental physical constants and establish the laws of physics (whether they be prescriptive or descriptive) required for this universe to exist......I do NOT see that the existence of such an entity requires that it be concerned in any way with the lives and actions of individual human beings, or that it be amenable to persuasion by human beings. However much back-bending, self-abasing grovelling a man may do, there is no reason to accept the idea that his entreaties can influence the inexorable operation of the laws of nature. For this reason, I find the anthropomorphic concept of "God" preposterous and rather disgusting. It depicts the Supreme Being as vain, avid for praise, susceptible to flattery, capricious, and often vindictive. What a mean paltry concept of a sublime entity !

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not sure... He didn't get in touch with me for years. I'm still waiting...

You've to be mystic to believe in God, I'm not.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

« -Oh my God, but you're a neo-nazi?!...
    -But why neo? »

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    You must be living in constant fear.
    I am , I also prayed to my Xena stand-up before I took my exam, I hoped she would help me, but it wasn't that good damn Xena, (sorry Xena I don't mean it) ((in case she listens ))

I bow down.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe in god,but i don't believe in religions!
    ME NE FREGO

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitas
    Other things can be conceptualized too - or other gods. But while I respect Christianity and find there are positive things about it, I am not irrefutably convinced of the existence of God. Moreover, I am not convinced that this God is omniscient and omnipotent.
    http://www.godlessgeeks.com/WhyAtheism.htm

A question many people ask is, if God exists, and if he really loves people, then why does he allow tragedies to happen? There are many theories regarding this, and Christians aren't the only ones who have answers. Wouldn't the theory that God created everything and then withdrew from the scene make more sense explaining that? Or perhaps dualist beliefs? Maybe to some they would.
    Anyway, I am not interested in going on "crusades" to convince everyone that there is no God, as I believe in the freedom to believe, so this was rather an explaination of my personal beliefs.
    God is not passive in his creation. Because such a God would not be one to answer Prayers or perform Miracles. What the Bible tells us is that God knows every hair on our heads and knows every sparrow in the sky.

God lets tragedies happen because God tests people with them. He wants to see if we worship him only because we receive good things from or we worship him because he is God. Also it is said The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh. We don't know why we just have to trust that God is doing the right thing for us.

Suffering is also the result of the consequences of our own free will. If God created us without free will there would be no suffering but we would also not be capable of noble and selfless acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruthheim
    No.

Origins to our creation are much more complex than simply crediting some mythological being with our existence.
    They are so complex we can't even conceive what our origins were. Evolution can only explain the mechanism of life. But it does not explain the origins of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia
    I grew up in a home full of traditional values such as love for family (a marriage relationship between one man and one woman), home and country.
    Neither one of my parents were Christians during my childhood. Yet, so much of the teaching I received from my parents were grounded in traditional Christianity. Of course this should not be surprising, since historians state, and rightfully so, that in 1914 Germany was the most Christian nation in Europe.

I remember my Papa saying to me that he lost ALL of his believe in God when he was a Flack-Schütze as a 15-year old in Germany. Seeing civilians, especially children, die around him, he could not understand how a loving God would allow this. So I can well understand why you said what you did.

To answer the question: Yes, I believe in God, and by His sovereign grace I am a Christian.

Georgia
    Thanks for sharing. I believe God is good despite the great evils that has happened in human history and will happen. I have doubted God certain times in my life but than my eyes were opened to the fact God does not promise all we be easy in this life only that if we follow him all will turn for our greater good in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried
    "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."
    ~Frank Lloyd Wright

That is Pantheism my friend. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11447b.htm

Your just lucky nature didn't will you live in a different period.

Quote Originally Posted by Karasig
    I believe in the fate and the timeless circulation of the being.
    I believe that is called asatru.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast