Thread: What is the Sentiment for Flemish/Dutch Reunification?

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,568 Posts

Re: Flemish/Dutch reunification

I'm happily surprised by the interest you take in our Groot-Nederlandse struggle, G.M.

It seems you're well aware of all the history involved in the breaking up of The United Netherlands, which is, considering the distance of an ocean, heartwarming.

At the present day, unlike the thirties of the last century, there's no real movement aiming directly towards the goal that we call 'Dietsland'.

However, in that perspective - the struggle for Flemish independence is just one piece of a giant puzzle to be laid on the map. And Flanders is moving towards an end of Belgium, it can take another fifteen, twenty or fifty years, but not it can't be indefinite delayed.

Flanders is now on a trail it can not leave, and our walk is accompanied by the sound of Belgian doom. If the Flemish can create their own political future and agenda, we'll be automatically more intimate with the motherland. Nature takes care of the rest.

We have some prominent Flemish figures (and one or two Walloons) who, more or less openly, regret the split, back in 1830 - but they ain't Flemish or Dietsche nationalists, they're mere globalists - who entertain the thought of an anschluss of the whole of Belgium with the Netherlands.

They're not all that important, nor realistic. They don't stand a chance in the political field were real powers meet when it comes down to their Orangist sympathies.

We also note a hard core of Dietse nationalists within the Flemish nationalist party, Vlaams Belang, and among more enthousiastic activists and rather small organisations, I know of at least one present day Dutch movement advocating the Dietse ideal.

The Flemish have been, for obvious reasons, the party that yearns the most for reunification. Now, we don't do polls about such topics in our pleasant Belgian kingdom, but from my own experience I can recall that a substantial number of the Flemish folk has no intrinsic objection to the idea of Dietsland. Neither it's a conviction (yet).

It will take time, and a least an end of the Belgian state, this has to be done before anything else becomes an option. Some Flemish nationalists don't want anything more than that. Their main line of argument is that what they understand as our own distinct Flemish identity would be in danger in another Belgian construction. 175 years of separation are a long time, and the Northern and Southern Netherlands didn't evolve in exactly the same way, that's true.

It would be great if our Dutch members have their say also, but, again - for all I know - the Dutch are a little more reserved towards the Dietse idea. Those who took their time to think about it, seem to be waiting for a Flemish signal, and I don't think the reunification will be an unconditional one.

However, I could be wrong. It's a shot in the dark, because the Dutch and Flemish people don't consider this an (urgent) topic. Even the nationalists hold that opion - in the view of of the mass migrations and our stone dead democracies.
    "All passion is lost now. The world is mediocre, limp, without force. And madness and despair are a force. And force is a crime in the eyes of the fools, the weak and the silly who rule the roost." - Joseph Conrad

[
    quote=Parsifal]I'm happily surprised by the interest you take in our Groot-Nederlandse struggle, G.M.

It seems you're well aware of all the history involved in the breaking up of The United Netherlands, which is, considering the distance of an ocean, heartwarming.
    The unfortunate fact of my american birth will be the death of me...lol
    Apparently no one has paid any attention to my endless entreaties regarding the fact that my father was a German National of unquestionable german ethnic heritage, and my mothers parents were from Sweden.
    I have spent much time in Germany and have visited many other parts of Europe, including Vlaanderen.

I am probably more traditionally German and germanic in sentiment than most Reichsdeutschen, as i was not subject to a lifetime of globalist social engineering and brainwashing.
    For me "German" does not equate with war criminal. As my cousins in Baden-Württemberg have been raised to believe.

I am very interested in the cause of the Flemish people for self-determination.
    The illegal banning of the Vlaamsblok by the walloon supremacists in Brussels, capital of Occupied Europe, is an example of how Europe is fast becoming a globalist totalitarian police state, if it has not already achieved this status.

Long live the germanic Flemish people and long live the Vlaamsblok oh, sorry! Belang

Best wishes,
    _Gaian Meroveus.

P.S. When Dietsland becomes a reality, please reserve an honourary citizenship for Herr Meroveus.
    He's ready to come home.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 01:18 AM
    Subrace
    Eriliskaz
    Hermit
    Occupation
    Teutonologist
    Politics
    Pangermanicism
    Religion
    Aðelakhaiðús.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

P.S. When GrootDuitsland becomes a reality, please reserve an honourary citizenship for Herr Meroveus.
    He's ready to come home.
    Grootduitsland, insluitend Duitsland, niet?

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 01:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Personly I believe that among local Dutch/Flemish people not really have a need exist for unification, with an exception on nationalist groups/organisations/people. Among the common people this idea does not really lives. Flemish wants in the first place to be in charge in their own territory and have no need for Hollanders to rule them. Among Dutch people there are still many who speak frequently of Belgians instead of Flemish. There are enough Dutch who consider Flemish as foreign. In any case, we can also blame the media and press. For example, Flemish movies on Dutch telivision are with subtitling and vice versa.

To get the idea that we are one people, we must educate the people, and that start with the media. The idea of a unification of a greater Netherlands will be a long-term progress. Most important issue for now is that Flanders will reach its independance. A reunification can only be reality when both sides are ready for it, otherwise it wont work. In any case, we dont need another 1830.