Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts

Re: Europoid migration....

It was good in the case of North America, Australia & New Zealand. It expanded the living space & influence of Europoids. Britain in particular benefited from the establishment of these neo-Anglo societies. What is bad is allowing non-Europoids into these areas & into Europe. South Africa is another story. North America & Australasia were relatively unpopulated at the onset of European settlement & Europoids quickly became the majority. But Whites were never the majority in South Africa & that demographic fact has pretty much doomed that nations White minority.

Cool Re: Europoid migration....

Britain in particular benefited from the establishment of these neo-Anglo societies.
    I'm sure they did.... economically. I wonder sometimes now though if the world figures that what with the cruelty and viciousness that the British govt often inflicted on many areas of the world in the past, its pay-back time.... could this be in part why England feels so obligated to take in so many refugees, and why no one seems to give a crap that its desroying Britain? Do some English themselves feel guilt over the atrocities committed in the past in the name of expanding the British empire, and as such feel reluctant to speak out against the atrocities now occurring in their homeland?? I often wonder this.....

My opinion is that it would make more sense, if Europeans need more living space (which of course they will do, assuming prosperity) that Europoids stay in Eruope and then expand occupation of the land from there.... pushing back people in the occupied neighbouring areas, so as to not allow inter-racial mixing. This way it seems more of a gentle evolution (well, I'm sure there would be plenty of blood spilt too)... and probably more acceptable in the eyes of many. And this way too, fragmentation will be seriously minimised. A united force is a strong one.
    Last edited by Bridie; Monday, April 10th, 2006 at 08:11 AM.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I see it as a good thing, at least (as Anglo-Hoosier said) in the then sparsely populated lands like Australia, America and New Zealand. In fact the low population is the reason they were utilised in this way really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie
    I'm sure they did.... economically. I wonder sometimes now though if the world figures that what with the cruelty and viciousness that the British govt often inflicted on many areas of the world in the past, its pay-back time....
    While there were cases of cruelty on the part of British representatives, the British Empire was built with a surprising lack of bloodshed, as Empires go. What specific instances of cruelty do you have in mind?

Last Online
    Friday, April 28th, 2006 @ 02:16 PM
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic/Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Church of England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The bigger question I always wonder is whether European countries would swap their degenerate immigrants for people that have pre-existing racial, linguistic and ethnic ties to the country of their origin, but have emigrated?

Britain, for example, seems more willing to admit non-european refugees from former colonies that have gone to shit than it is to even offer the same entry to Australians (of the same racial and linguistic stock) as they do to member nations of the EU at immigration at Heathrow

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'm sure they did.... economically. I wonder sometimes now though if the world figures that what with the cruelty and viciousness that the British govt often inflicted on many areas of the world in the past, its pay-back time.... could this be in part why England feels so obligated to take in so many refugees, and why no one seems to give a crap that its desroying Britain? Do some Brits themselves feel guilt over the atrocities committed in the past in the name of expanding the British empire, and as such feel reluctant to speak out against the atrocities now occurring in their homeland?? I often wonder this.....
    Brits shouldn't have to feel sorry for themselves. It was by in large the English who had been committing atrocities and 'jingoism'. But yes, I'd say part of the reason England and Wales are populated by so many immigrants is because of our imperialist past.

Arrow Re: Europoid migration....

I see it as a good thing, at least (as Anglo-Hoosier said) in the then sparsely populated lands like Australia, America and New Zealand. In fact the low population is the reason they were utilised in this way really.
    Does it make it okay to invade and conquer an inhabited land just because it is sparsely populated? Strange idea there. Australia, amoung other lands, were targeted for colonisation due to being strategically adventageous and some were used in trade etc... the fact that the UK was largely impoverished due to a population explosion at the time (and a resultant over-crowding of jails due to escalating social problems) made penal colonies convenient. They were not utilised in this way mostly due to being sparsely populated as you've suggested.... this was in all probability, just icing on the cake.

While there were cases of cruelty on the part of British representatives, the British Empire was built with a surprising lack of bloodshed, as Empires go. What specific instances of cruelty do you have in mind?
    Which empires are you comparing them to?? Well, maybe you mean that the Brits met little resistance due to the primitiveness of the people they were conquering?

As far as specific cases of cruelty go, there are obviously too many to state.... many anecdotal anyway. I mean come on, you've heard the stories and seen the pictures too, I'm sure. Rape, murder, paedophilia, torture, detention for not adhering to laws that aboriginals didn't understand, disease, ethnic cleansing....

Here's some text that I believe sums things up nicely in a simplistic way.... source is dubious, but nonetheless, I think its a pretty objective, unemotive interpretation....
    http://www.globalvolunteers.org/1mai...liahistory.htm

But this is somewhat off track now anyway. I mostly just wanted to see what others thought about Europoids emigrating to new lands from Europe. You think its a good thing, okay , and I appreciate your input. Ta!

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Does it make it okay to invade and conquer an inhabited land just because it is sparsely populated?
    It means that extensive colonisation could take place without killing people and driving them off their land. Obviously murders did take place, but there was plenty of land, and no need to drive anyone off.

Strange idea there. Australia, amoung other lands, were targeted for colonisation due to being strategically adventageous and some were used in trade etc... the fact that the UK was largely impoverished due to a population explosion at the time (and a resultant over-crowding of jails due to escalating social problems) made penal colonies convenient. They were not utilised in this way mostly due to being sparsely populated as you've suggested.... this was in all probability, just icing on the cake.
    Clearly there were other reasons why a colony was needed, but put it this way, if Australia had been populated like Papua New Guinea, it simply wouldn't have been colonised in the way it was.

Which empires are you comparing them to?? Well, maybe you mean that the Brits met little resistance due to the primitiveness of the people they were conquering?

As far as specific cases of cruelty go, there are obviously too many to state.... many anecdotal anyway. I mean come on, you've heard the stories and seen the pictures too, I'm sure. Rape, murder, paedophilia, torture, detention for not adhering to laws that aboriginals didn't understand, disease, ethnic cleansing....
    Since it's off-topic, I won't start a discussion about it, but I'll just say that our liberal/leftist friends are teaching the young this sort of anti-British stuff in an effort to poison their minds against their heritage. Much of it is just plain rubbish, invented stories, and certainly while such things did occur in some cases, it was basically colonial criminals who were responsible, hardly the British government. This is the case in Australia at any rate, and there are many instances of colonists and explorers being taken to trial for such actions.

I can only say, the people with these stories can rarely back them up with solid evidence. They're manipulating history, which is their usual habit.

Arrow Re: Europoid migration....

It means that extensive colonisation could take place without killing people and driving them off their land.
    You already are fully aware I'm sure that the VAST majority of Austalian land is uninhabitable, infertile and harsh (particularly harsh when you're fair complected). To get the same yield from a crop grown in Australia you need FAR MORE land than is needed in the UK and Ireland. Likewise, for more land is needed for grazing too. There never was an over-abundance of uninhabited land in Australia that was both fertile and habitable.(!)

Of course many abo's were driven off of their ancestral lands.

but I'll just say that our liberal/leftist friends are teaching the young this sort of anti-British stuff in an effort to poison their minds against their heritage. Much of it is just plain rubbish, invented stories, and certainly while such things did occur in some cases, it was basically colonial criminals who were responsible, hardly the British government. This is the case in Australia at any rate, and there are many instances of colonists and explorers being taken to trial for such actions.

I can only say, the people with these stories can rarely back them up with solid evidence. They're manipulating history, which is their usual habit.
    I'd like to hear your views on this.... I'll start another thread in the Australians and NewZealanders sub-forum. (Tommorrow - too tired tonight. )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast