Thread: Race and Ethnos

Last Online
    Saturday, December 11th, 2004 @ 10:23 AM
    Right side up
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The word 'recruitment' was not meant to imply anything in particular that is not already part and parcel to WN. Ideas, reasonable or deliberate lie, are propagated with the intent of convincing or simply implanting. All of religious, philosophical, political, advertisement and other pitches are seeking a greater or lesser degree of 'conversion.'

I think most would agree that the cultural aspect of European identity is/is being interrupted. The television has moved handily in to replace racial/national history and culture and has successfully imposed an alien (or at least, ridiculous) set or morals.

I would absolutely agree that historical/national aspects must be included. Much of this is identity-forming. It can be a deep familiarity with the past or, more likely for most, the prominent imagery of that history. The is much common ground for Europe. The early tribes, early Greeks and Romans. There is, as one progresses through history, a narrowing of focus until the modern ethnic nation is reached.

Given that 1) we're ultimately seeking to convince someone and 2) we're attempting to repair an interruption, then indeed it is a deliberately creative act. I can't even imagine that it would be otherwise. The question is what will work and remain as true to traditions as possible. If abstract, it would not remain so for long. If, for small group diaspora, the ethnos fails to take a central role, then it will have failed.

The Jews have their Talmud and a long history. And they profess a kinship to this history which for many of them is adopted! The Parsi also have a religion/history which binds them. Their rigid endogamy - a necessary feature of genetic survival - has of late been driving them towards extinction. A case with lessons to be sure.

I would suggest that elements of an ethnos exist in a Cosmotheistic-like world view. Obviously, much more is needed. Heraclitus, F. Bacon, Nietzsche are not in disagreement with pantheism. Such a pantheism need not severely conflict with Moody's list of likely includes: "paganism, pantheism, polytheism and Aryanised Christianity." I'm sure other sources come to mind.

What is missing is a one-stop tome 'with authority' that summarizes the common history/tradition/imagery. The most readily available source of 'authority' is, as much as possible, the original authors. Rig Veda, Homer, Herodotus, Tacitus, Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, et al. Age imparts 'authority'.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnionPeeler
    The word 'recruitment' was not meant to imply anything in particular that is not already part and parcel to WN. Ideas, reasonable or deliberate lie, are propagated with the intent of convincing or simply implanting. All of religious, philosophical, political, advertisement and other pitches are seeking a greater or lesser degree of 'conversion.'
    Is it really a question of 'conversion' or 'interruption'?
    Is our culture not rather one of Transformation?
    Of Ovidian Metamorphoses?
    The cultural chain isn't broken - but the chain continually evolves/transforms/morphs.
    It is a matter of learning to recognise it as it adopts a different mask etc.,

You say;
    Given that 1) we're ultimately seeking to convince someone and
    2) we're attempting to repair an interruption, then indeed it is a deliberately creative act.
    These are not 'givens'; indeed, I think they are misconceptions. I aver that we are rather riding the chameleon snake that is our living heritage.

You also say;
    The Jews have their Talmud and a long history. And they profess a kinship to this history which for many of them is adopted! The Parsi also have a religion/history which binds them. Their rigid endogamy - a necessary feature of genetic survival - has of late been driving them towards extinction. A case with lessons to be sure.
    But both groups do NOT try to convert or convince others - that is what is striking about them.
    But we are somewhat different; one of our philosophers whom you mention, Heraclitus, tells us that life is flux - so we are true to our creed if we see it that way

A "one-stop tome 'with authority' ", as you call it, is impossible for believers in transformation, such as we.

Colonisation of Space should concern us in the long-run, although I am not sure that it affects contemporary questions of race/ethnos.
    From what I've read, the different atmospheres/gravities etc., on other planets will actually cause an evolutionary shift on those humans who live in such other-planetary conditions. This may even cause a species-shift, where humans living in outer space will indeed evolve into a different race.
    Last edited by Moody; Wednesday, July 21st, 2004 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added quote-marks only
    Why are there beings at all, & why not rather nothing?
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234