View Poll Results: What should the orientation of Skadi Forum be?

Voters
80. This poll is closed
  • Germanic preservation.

51 63.75%
  • Germanic and Anglo-Saxon preservation.

14 17.50%
  • Celto-Germanic preservation (Germanic and Celtic preservation).

17 21.25%
  • I'm indifferent. / Sounds all good. / I don't care. / I don't know.

12 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Skadi Forum Orientation?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Re: Skadi Forum Orientation?

I guess it all depends on your aims. If it is to expand Skadi and make it more dynamic than adding Celtic would be advisable. If keeping Skadi a tight knit Germanic community is your main aim but you want to do something special to attract Germanics of Anglo-Saxon extraction than find a way to emphasize Anglo-Saxon culture.

I rest assured that Skadi is in good hands.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Since the Anglo-Saxons are already Germanic, I think it would be odd to have a slogan like "Germanic and Anglo-Saxon Preservation". It would only add to the confusion around the Germanic concept. If the Anglo-Saxons here would like to see more attention to their ethnic sphere, I'm in favour of creating an Anglo-Saxon subforum similar to the Dutch and Scandinavian sections we have.

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

"Germanic and Anglo-Saxon preservation" is superfluous IMO, as Anglo-Saxons are Germanic. I do get the point about the English, and potentially other Germanic ethnicities not recognizing themselves in or identifying with the word "Germanic" though, eventhough it technically has a different meaning than the word "German" does. Some have suggested using its synonym "Teutonic", however this one could lead to the same confusion, perhaps even more. Some may confuse it for German, others for the Germanic tribe it is named after, or the prominent miltary/religious order. Other terms, such as Norse, would be only partial synonyms. Another potential issue with adding Anglo-Saxon to the title would be that other Germanic groups (the Scandinavian, the Netherlandic) could feel left out or even second-class.

People should eventually learn that we don't hold the belief that Germanic equals German and only so. There's a lot of material on this site to suggest otherwise, we have regional focums that include the English, etc., but if emphasizing diversity is further necessary, an idea could also be, IMO, to provide an addendum in our mission listing the largest Germanic factions we aim to include (Anglo-Saxon, German, Netherlandic, Scandinavian). Also, reflect this in our banners. Ideally a banner which encompasses symbols from these our main groups, but also individual banners dedicated to each of them and potentially their main subdivisions.

I disagree with expanding our orientation to Celto-Germanic. Although Celts and Germanics are pretty similar, perhaps even more so than any other two groups, adding another metaethnicity/cultural group could be a slippery slope towards pan-Europeanization. If we include the Celts in our mission, we could as well include the Celto-Romance or Celtiberians, for example. And if we include the French, Walloons, the North Italians, some of the Portuguese, etc, why not also the Finns or the Balts, since they are also somewhat similar to Germanics, some would argue perhaps even more so than the former. We'd have to draw a line somewhere, and we have already done it recently with Germanics.

I think Skadi's target audience is just fine the way it is. Skadi is unique and should remain as it is, IMO, a forum for Germanics, be them German, Anglo-Saxon, Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, and so on.

Nationalſozialiſt
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 20th, 2010 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Dinarid
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Wehrwolf
    Politics
    Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Atheiſt
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Skadi Forum Orientation?

Skadi should be was it allways be and for the future will: A Light in the Dark of the WWW Zombie Consumer Sites and Phoras.

Germanic Cultural, Racial & Spiritual Preservation.

Anglo Sax has for me so much to du with Germanic Heritage like Milk and Water. Both need water but Milk has more Eiweiss.

But if the decision go other ways then i accept these. Hail the NSpF!

M.,
    "Ich will den Frieden - und ich werde alles daransetzen, um den Frieden zu schließen. Noch ist es nicht zu spät. Dabei werde ich bis an die Grenzen des Möglichen gehen, soweit es die Opfer und Würde der deutschen Nation zulassen. Ich weiß mir Besseres als Krieg!
    Adolf Hitler nach Beendigung des Frankreich-Feldzuges in einem Gespräch mit seinem Architekten Prof. Hermann Giesler, Giesler: "Ein anderer Hitler", Seite 395

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

According to the Kulturkreis theory, the climax German cultural center is Bavaria, Munich. It is defined by the number of elements uniquely Germanic. How can this be when Germanic culture originated in Sweden? The Germans moved south using river valleys and simply swamped the older inhabitants of Germany, Holland, France, Switzerland, Austria, and Poland. Who were these earlier inhabitants? They were Celts and the simple fact is that Germanics adopted a huge amount of culture from the Celts.

Germans today feel they have adopted more from Rome than from the Celts but this is entirely wrong. According to Coon in the Races of Europe, the war leader Odin and his culture, Iron Age Hallstatt, came from Austria. "Hall" meant salt in Illyrian. "Statt" hardly needs translation. Hallstatt meant salt city, and it is centered on Saltzburg, Austria. Odin and his Illyrian speaking Celts moved north, east and finally west into Sweden via Denmark. 1000 years later they emerged as Germans during the Volkswanderung Period.

My point is that in many ways the seperation between Celts and Germanics is temporal. Celts became Germans throughout Europe. In Westphalia this is particularly well documented as it is in parts of Belgium. Britain became Germanic is speech and culture. Ireland has and is losing Celtic language.

German culture is simpler and technically superior to Keltic culture. German language is much simpler in fact there is a theory that it was originally a trade language as Chinook or Swahili and used in Sweden to trade with the more culturally advanced Roman world. Germanic language was easy to adopt and their culture, especially farming techniques, were a big advantage for Europeans of those times.

Slavic, Romance, Turkish, these are all much different relationships but Celtic is a special situation in the history of the Germanic world and should be given preferential treatment in my mind. This is not a simple relationship. Skadi shouldn't be a Celtic forum but we should accept history and our history and embrace it.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The other question British oriented members must deal with is the increasing numbers of German speakers at Skadi. Do they consider this a plus or a minus? Not only that but who are the German members and what do they think? Fortunately, many can read and write English and just maybe we can lure more to post in the English section. I say this because if we are ever going to have understanding within our people we must bridge all divides of langugage and culture. The large German language section is one of Skadi's greatest assets in my mind. If we only had as large Dutch, Afrikaans, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Islandic participation. We have a section devoted to the concerings of British members as we do for all included nationalities. If all that is requested is a section for Celtic Britain/Ireland, I don't think that is too much to ask but even Celts should realize and accept their relationship with the Germanic world whose language and culture they have adopted to a greater or lesser extent.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 02:23 AM
    Subrace
    Fälisch-Nordid
    Völkisch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried
    Since the Anglo-Saxons are already Germanic, I think it would be odd to have a slogan like "Germanic and Anglo-Saxon Preservation". It would only add to the confusion around the Germanic concept. If the Anglo-Saxons here would like to see more attention to their ethnic sphere, I'm in favour of creating an Anglo-Saxon subforum similar to the Dutch and Scandinavian sections we have.
    I thoroughly agree with Siegfried on this matter; and although there are not many Anglo-Saxon - by this I mean English - people on Skadi, the creation of an Anglo-Saxon subforum might draw more into the discussion than there already is - new member, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    The other question British oriented members must deal with is the increasing numbers of German speakers at Skadi. Do they consider this a plus or a minus? Not only that but who are the German members and what do they think? Fortunately, many can read and write English and just maybe we can lure more to post in the English section. I say this because if we are ever going to have understanding within our people we must bridge all divides of langugage and culture. The large German language section is one of Skadi's greatest assets in my mind. If we only had as large Dutch, Afrikaans, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Islandic participation. We have a section devoted to the concerings of British members as we do for all included nationalities ...
    I have no qualms about the rising number of German speakers at Skadi; they are, of course, Germanic and are dedicated to learning more about their heritage, so there is no problem.

Furthermore, I believe that the sections Skadi has for non-German nationalities is sufficient for the time being. However, I am in favour of creating additional subforums only if the masses speak for it - there would be no point in creating these forums if only a select few would participate in them.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 07:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu
    Sadly, the term Celtic is liable to attract all kinds of oddballs and New Age types, and would lower the tone of the forum.
    I'm inclined to agree. Mind you, mixed with another term (Germanic) may make it less likely to attract such people.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 11:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

AW: Skadi Forum Orientation?

Shut down the drugs forum, and leave the rest as it is.
    Man ſei Held oder Heiliger. In der Mitte liegt nicht die Weisheit, ſondern die Alltäglichkeit.

SPENGLER

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other