Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Point of "Racial Pride"?

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question What's the Point of "Racial Pride"?

I don't understand the idea of "racial pride." Belonging to a certain racial category is not an accomplishment and no one has a choice in what race they belong to. Does an individual with a Nordic phenotype deserve more respect than someone with a Mediterranean phenotype? Why? Did they have any choice in the matter? To find one person more attractive than the other, sure- that is natural! But I'm talking about respect. People come here and post their pics and get called "swarthy non-europeans" and other insulting things, while others are complimented as if their race is some kind of personal accomplishment. You don't see that as kind of stupid?

Another thing is pride in one's ancestors and ancestors as a measure of self. How do the accomplishments of your ancestors reflect on you at all? One of my ancestors was a French duchess. One of my ancestors was a first class passenger and survivor on the Titanic. One of my ancestors was a Flemish innovator whose family owns a great publishing dynasty. Does that mean I'm necessarily a great person as an individual?

Imagine a Greek hobo saying he's better than a hardworking German because the Greek had philosophers and emperors for ancestors and the German had barbarians.

I don't agree with racial shame or ancestor shame either. Just because someone doesn't advocate pride does not mean they are advocating shame. I'm basically ancestor neutral. I'm interested in what my family did, but I don't think having a few intelligent, cultured ancestors makes me better someone of totally peasant or barbarian stock.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I fully agree with you.
    Most ideologies based on 'pride' are just catering to it's potential supporters, as a way to lure them into feeling great about themselves simply because they were born as members of some race, or because they are firm believers of "insert name here" ideology or religion.

There was a nationalistic movement in Serbia, in the late 80's and early 90's which tried to invent almost any way for Serbs to feel good about themselves, or should I say 'better than others'.

This type of thinking has major flaws. It attracts mostly those who are in a great need for an ego-boost ( that requires absolutely no work on their part ). Stormfront is full of people who argue about which nation or ethnicity had greater achievments, as if these achievments somehow live 'through' all of Germans, Greeks, Russians etc.

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

All that has nothing to do with either ideology nor philosophy.

Apparently you have a wrong definition of pride.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon
    All that has nothing to do with either ideology nor philosophy.

Apparently you have a wrong definition of pride.
    In a perfect world perhaps.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pride can be an over-estimation or it can be simply a reflection of self-respect and self-esteem.

I think with respect to race it would be an over-estimation especially on boards like SF. But it is also natural to possess some esteem for one's family and extended family which is race.

A swarthy non-European is a swarthy non-European. A swarthy non-European can be proud to be a swarthy non-european. But I think a swarthy non-European who thinks he has a right to be in Europe is disrespectful to non-swarthy Europeans.

Last Online
    Friday, September 30th, 2005 @ 11:10 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    undecided
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said here.

I think the whole white power/supremacy movement has been more compromising to european preservation than any liberal/hippy egalitarian. Anyone that has to shave their head, cover themselves with nazi properganda and hail hitler every 5 seconds is not in anyway serious about the real issues and is only using the "movement" as a crutch for their own insecurities. If people saw more stable educated types, bringing logical well grounded arguements to the table, i think there would be a real possibility of changing societal ideals.

I truly believe science and common sense is on our side. The only way the equality police can denegrate our arguements atm is by bringing up the past and by cloking the matter by mirroring the undesirable element of post ww2 white nationalist movements; thus connoting all people that ascertain any form of differentiation or desire for preservation with irrational bigoted hatred.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladygoeth33
    I don't understand the idea of "racial pride." Belonging to a certain racial category is not an accomplishment and no one has a choice in what race they belong to.
    I think this is all nonsense. But I suppose this line of thinking is the reason whites are in the condition we are now.

Honestly, you're not proud because you're white and not black? If you had a choice before you were born, you'd just flip a coin?

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You all do of course realise pride is nothing more than 'moral ambitiousness', right? Ever considered it's collective memory that makes you who you are, while blood makes you what you are? And it helps to fit in to the group physically before you join it psychologically? I don't need to put down racial foreigners to identify with the myth of Europe. Being proud of the identity you hold to has nothing to do with deserving any more respect than a person who holds to another identity. It is subjective. It might matter to someone who holds to the same identity you do. It probably won't for someone who doesn't. It's relative.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I didn't have a choice in my race, and neither did anyone else. So how can one be proud of one's race?

Someone's dignity, value and self-respect being predominantly or totally hinged on what racial category they were born into is rather pathetic ("Von Braun" comes to mind as a rather extreme example). To me it only indicates that they are lacking in other qualities, and overcompensating these other issues with racial pride. Race is with people forever, and unlike actual talents and accomplishments it can't be taken away and does not fade away. So it is an easy scapegoat for people who have little or nothing else going for them as far as their personality/spirit is concerned.

To find one's own race more attractive than others is normal and healthy, and I definitely feel that way. But too much pride breeds eventual self-hatred, in ourselves and others. This is one of the things causing so many interracial relationships in the first place. For example the Nordish beauty ideal being widespread among non-Nordish and non-white people, and the opposite is also true, i.e. hip hop/proud black "culture"/'wiggers' seeing blacks as superior.

I just think it's best for people to not have a neurotic obsession with their racial affiliation, and just let it be a natural inclination toward their own race.

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That neurotic fixation on race is only prevalent in the U.S. - basically because it was and still is an extremely racist country and a history of war an elimination of non-whites.

Fortunately Europeans don't have to deal with this baggage.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast