Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is one of the reasons that the us is hated....

MadMax88

Post This is one of the reasons that the us is hated....

I just had to post this commentary from this pie head called "john gibson" who has a commentary on fox news. This jerk, ranks right up there with the flag waving kooks, joe six-packs and sally soccer moms(lemmings) what an arrogant a-hole, jeez!!! I hate this kind of garbage!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,60415,00.html

:lurk

davison6

Post Re: This is one of the reasons that the us is hated....

Originally posted by MadMax88
    I just had to post this commentary from this pie head called "john gibson" who has a commentary on fox news. This jerk, ranks right up there with the flag waving kooks, joe six-packs and sally soccer moms(lemmings) what an arrogant a-hole, jeez!!! I hate this kind of garbage!!
    OK, let's just have a little review of this garbage, shall we?
    An eye-popping piece in USA Today says that the America hating craze of the Middle East has now fully morphed itself into the face of the average European, and most frightfully, morphed into the average Brit, our most stalwart of overseas supporters. And it isn't just editorial writers, says USA Today. It's everyday citizens who launch into tirades against Americans they bump into on the street or in the office.
    Long before the Soviet Union collapsed, I had noticed this myself. It's especially the most leftist countries, like France, but I've met New Zealanders, Germans, Italians, you name it, with an attitude problem towards America that frequently translates itself into personal attacks on Americans.

Why? Because America -- the world now realizes -- is so big and so strong it can do whatever it likes and no one can stop America. America doesn't need help for a war and if America doesn't like the Kyoto treaty or the International Criminal Court, America will simply walk away -- it can and it will.
    I don't have to agree with these decisions to see the author's point. It's not the fact that we made these self serving decisions that bugs the Europeans, it's the simple fact that we can if we want to. That does bear some resemblance to petty jealousy.

So this has all the Lilliputians screaming bloody murder. How dare you be so big, how dare you not listen to us, how dare you not need us? That sound you hear is the frustrated stamping of tiny little feet. I say "Lilliputians" because the whole thing has got me thinking about Gulliver, who wandered the world in Jonathon Swift's mind and eventually met a civilization of teeny little people, who tried to tie him down with their twine. All the Lilliputians will think I am being prototypically American -- arrogant -- because I have drawn this very allusion: the American giant and the rest of the world Lilliputians.
    An insensitive way to put it, I agree, but after being harrassed by Lilliputian minded Europeans I really don't mind saying it the same way. Often, even after making clear that I was also against whatever issue had them fired up at the moment, they continued to be exactly what they accuse us of being: arrogant and rude. It has happened to me a lot in the States, I would ask them "if You dislike us so much, why don't You go back to Europe?" I never got a good answer.

But the Lilliputians put themselves in this position by telling us we need their permission to do anything, especially to defend ourselves from the very terrorists who hid among them, in their liberal, forgiving, tolerant and ultimately blind societies. The Brits, for example, tolerate in their midst the most hateful and vicious of Islamic radicals, who plan and scheme against America, with the protection of the British government.
    Well, our own security isn't too good, so I guess we better patch our own jackets before we go after theirs. Once our security is working as it should, however, this will become a valid issue.

The Lilliputians also don't like creeping American culture. The fast food joints and the music and movies. OK, so does that mean the Lilliputians find all that junk so enticing they simply cannot resist?
    Now here is the real crux of the matter! They accuse us of cultural imperialism, but the simple fact of the matter is that they think that their country should be the global standard of what's hot. It's no coincidence that the country with the most severe case of cultural fastidiousness is also the most voluble critic of America.

But mostly the Lilliputians don't want us to be able to defend ourselves without their permission or help. They resent it oh so much that we -- the world's only Gulliver -- can stomp Saddam Hussein if we decide we need to and either the Lilliputians will have to side with us or they'll stand around clucking their tongues and stamping their tiny little feet.
    With great power does come great responsibility, but it is good to have the power to act if we need to. Saddam is an excellent example of someone whose disappearance would benefit the world as a whole. Not that I'm in a hurry to risk American lives (and attract even more opprobrium) by toppling him unilaterally, but he's crazy enough that I sleep better knowing we can snuff him if we needed to.

All in all, although I do get the impression that the writer is probably a bit naive concerning the real direction of the war on terrorism, I find that this piece is a valid response to the very real phenomenon of criticizing America just because it's fashionable. Personally, I'm as sick as the author of this phenomenon, and it's something I've been acquainted with my whole life.
    Last edited by davison6; Wednesday, August 21st, 2002 at 07:28 AM.

einsatzkommando

Personally, I'm as sick as the author of this phenomenon, and it's something I've been acquainted with my whole life.
    Why doesn't this surprise me?

kaleun

Add this reference:
    www.jdc.org/about/history.htm

davison6

Originally posted by einsatzkommando
    Why doesn't this surprise me?
    I take it that You're adding "arrogant American" to all my other crimes? I have noted before that Canadians and New Zealanders both have a highly critical attitude towards the States which probably derives from the fact that both seem to consider themselves utopias free from all our vices.

davison6

Originally posted by kaleun
    Add this reference:
    www.jdc.org/about/history.htm
    Now this is a damn good reason to hate America. In fact, it's directly responsible for the Sept. 11th attacks. A memorable quote: "America gave Jews a unique opportunity and freedom to achieve as never before in the modern era". Of course, what the self-serving Jewish page does not note is the consequences on the Arabs of our aid to the Jews.

einsatzkommando

I take it that You're adding "arrogant American" to all my other crimes?
    I wouldn't say arrogant more deluded maybe. I was just alluding to the fact that you would appear to be someone that has a constant need to be in the right.

Personally I think Europeans can be at times quite arrogant themselves. I'm especially pissed off by Europeans who have settled here after WWII and criticise Anglo-Celtic Australians for not being cosmopolitan enough or whinging about how hard they had it when they came over on a boat. If they don't like Australia or Australians they can join your friends on a return flight back to glorious Europe.

I have noted before that Canadians and New Zealanders both have a highly critical attitude towards the States which probably derives from the fact that both seem to consider themselves utopias free from all our vices.
    You are not the only one to notice this. I believe that Canadians and New Zealanders suffer from the "little brother" syndrome. I could be wrong but hey I'm putting my head on the chopping block.

davison6

Originally posted by einsatzkommando
    I wouldn't say arrogant more deluded maybe. I was just alluding to the fact that you would appear to be someone that has a constant need to be in the right.
    Maybe it's just that I've never been wrong?

Personally I think Europeans can be at times quite arrogant themselves. I'm especially pissed off by Europeans who have settled here after WWII and criticise Anglo-Celtic Australians for not being cosmopolitan enough or whinging about how hard they had it when they came over on a boat. If they don't like Australia or Australians they can join your friends on a return flight back to glorious Europe.
    This is exactly what I was talking about.

You are not the only one to notice this. I believe that Canadians and New Zealanders suffer from the "little brother" syndrome. I could be wrong but hey I'm putting my head on the chopping block.
    Coming from Australia, You are indeed on the block. The Kiwis have a little brother syndrome towards Australia that rivals the one they have towards us.

Francis_Benson

The problem isn't with the average hard working American, the problem is with the ZOG politician. America is a great country and Americans are good people. They are oftentimes misinformed by the ZOG media, but if we were able to present our message in a way that reached the heartland it would be well received. In my opinion, too often we are quick to accept criticism of Americans and the self-hatred is just another tool of the American Zionist Jew.

davison6

Originally posted by Francis_Benson
    The problem isn't with the average hard working American, the problem is with the ZOG politician. America is a great country and Americans are good people. They are oftentimes misinformed by the ZOG media, but if we were able to present our message in a way that reached the heartland it would be well received. In my opinion, too often we are quick to accept criticism of Americans and the self-hatred is just another tool of the American Zionist Jew.
    Agreed! I have seen too many Americans cringe when being criticized personally for the actions of our government and I don't believe it helps a bit. And getting the message out to our people is job No. 1. Americans are hard working and honest, and what's more they'll never let someone who is willing to work starve. A long time ago I learned that if You chop wood in the summer You can sit by the fire in the winter. That's why I don't feel sorry for the homeless bums in the middle of NYC. WHen I got stuck in Atlanta, I got out of the city center and offered to mow lawns, etc. I didn't miss a meal, and within a few weeks was working in Savannah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast