Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are German-Americans Not Considered "Volksdeutsche"? / German-Americans and Their Lack of Interest in Their Roots

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why Are German-Americans Not Considered "Volksdeutsche"? / German-Americans and Their Lack of Interest in Their Roots

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Will you explain ths more, because I never understand where you are coming from in your beliefs and I'd like clarification.
    With pleasure.

What I do not understand is how a German, who leaves Germany and moves to another country, etc. is no longer a German or allowed to claim their German heritage and ancestry.

Maybe this misunderstanding is simply a matter of semantics. For example, I agree that a "German American" is purely American and of American citizenship; howver, they are also of German ancestry (sometimes wholly). By calling themselves a German-American, "German" becomes an adjective to describe which type of American the individual is and of what their heritage is. It isn't used to denote that the individual is a German citizen and an American both. I do not believe, that a German who comes to American ceases in being a German. If you believe this, at what point does the individual cease being of German ancestry, in your opinion, and is simply an American only, devoid of any other ancestry? First generation? Second generation? Eighth generation? What precise point does a German who moves away from Germany (and goes to any non-specific country) cease in being German?
    You surely have heard the term "volksdeutsch" before. It basically means being of German ancestry but holding citizenship of a different country and living outside German borders.
    For example, some hundred years ago the Russians offered farming land to German farmers who at this time had trouble finding land in Germany. Many Germans moved to Russia and began building German communities over there. These people are called "Volksdeutsche" as opposed to "Reichsdeutsche", which describes Germans holding German citizenship and living inside German borders. They identified themselves as Germans, kept loyal to their heritage over the centuries and have payed a high price for it. You can do some research on the word "Gulag", if you don´t know what it means already.

Regarding America, people of predominantly German ancestry living in America are volksdeutsch as long as they identify themselves as such and reject being American. How can you be loyal to two cultures at the same time, especially when one is choking the other and is proud of its subjugation? Most of these self proclaimed German-Americans are just a bunch of idiots who use their ancestry to have an interesting story to tell about their background. Where is their ancestry when it could bring them disadvantage? How is it possible that the largest ethnic group in the US was not able to prevent the involvement in two world wars against their own people and the (continued) occupation of Germany?

My deepest respect for the true German minorities everywhere in the world and the uttermost scorn for the traitors who wave flags of hostile nations and dare claiming kinship.
    Last edited by Zyklop; Tuesday, March 28th, 2006 at 06:34 PM.
    Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Re: On "German-Americans"

Quote Originally Posted by Zyklop
    With pleasure.

You surely have heard the term "volksdeutsch" before. It basically means being of German ancestry but holding citizenship of a different country and living outside German borders.
    For example, some hundred years ago the Russians offered farming land to German farmers who at this time had trouble finding land in Germany. Many Germans moved to Russia and began building German communities over there. These people are called "Volksdeutsche" as opposed to "Reichsdeutsche", which describes Germans holding German citizenship and living inside German borders. They identified themselves as Germans, kept loyal to their heritage over the centuries and have payed a high price for it. You can do some research on the word "Gulag", if you don´t know what it means already.

Regarding America, people of predominantly German ancestry living in America are volksdeutsch as long as they identify themselves as such and reject being American. How can you be loyal to two cultures at the same time, especially when one is choking the other and is proud of its subjugation? Most of these self proclaimed German-Americans are just a bunch of idiots who use their ancestry to have an interesting story to tell about their background. Where is their ancestry when it could bring them disadvantage? How is it possible that the largest ethnic group in the US was not able to prevent the involvement in two world wars against their own people and the (continued) occupation of Germany?

My deepest respect for the true German minorities everywhere in the world and the uttermost scorn for the traitors who wave flags of hostile nations and dare claiming kinship.
    America is not Russia nor Hungary, etc. Germans came to America and did everything they could do to become American. They learned the language instantly. They voted, worked hard, fought in the Army and did all the things other Americans did. If they tried to become Americans. Their children certainly suceeded. Now, Germany is an ethnic memory for these people. Perhaps they have some German food they like to cook or know a few words passed down to them from their ancestors in German but the fact is that these people cannot be distinguished from English or Irish Americans except by their last names. They are not Volksdeutsche as you mean it. Reichsdeutsche means to me Germans of the 3rd Reich period.

I know this is hard for Germans to understand. It is especially hard when Americans of German ancestry fight in wars against Germany. Nevertheless, the is the usual situation in America.

The only situation I know of in which dual loyality was involved was in the case of Dr. Wernher von Braun who, because of his obvious abilities, was claimed by both countries as a "German-American". It is also probably true that Germans who have immigrated to the USA can claim citizenship in both countries.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

With pleasure.

Where is their ancestry when it could bring them disadvantage? How is it possible that the largest ethnic group in the US was not able to prevent the involvement in two world wars against their own people and the (continued) occupation of Germany?

How can you be loyal to two cultures at the same time, especially when one is choking the other and is proud of its subjugation? Most of these self proclaimed German-Americans are just a bunch of idiots who use their ancestry to have an interesting story to tell about their background.
    The answer is you can't. German Americans tell these stories because they are proud of their ancestors. You can't blame German Americans for not supporting Hitler. The land they owned was American not German.

Besides America was not the Aggressor in WWII. It simply chose to take action against Germany who at that time made it clear it's ambtion was all out European conquest.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    They are not Volksdeutsche as you mean it.
    As long as they don´t identify as such they surely aren´t.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    Besides America was not the Aggressor in WWII. It simply chose to take action against Germany who at that time made it clear it's ambtion was all out European conquest.
    Wow, you really get ahead of your own stupidity with each posting. Do you still bleach your hair, btw?

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You can't blame German Americans for not supporting Hitler. The land they owned was American not German.
    How can you claim to be proud of your people, when you are not even willing to stand up for them once they are not living on the same soil as you? Supporting a government who wages war against your people is effectively treason.

These two sentences do not support one another, even if Germany really did intend to conquer all of Europe.
    Last edited by Siegfried; Monday, April 3rd, 2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo

Nationalſozialiſt
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 20th, 2010 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Dinarid
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Wehrwolf
    Politics
    Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Atheiſt
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Re: On "German-Americans"

The answer is you can't. German Americans tell these stories because they are proud of their ancestors. You can't blame German Americans for not supporting Hitler. The land they owned was American not German.

By the wish of Leofric i edit this Post i wrote to wear the freedom i this thread. I don't say anymore on this.

"I don't hate Americans by the way but i don't like their Goverment!" so also Göring and Goebbels said.

M.,
    Last edited by Mjölnir; Saturday, April 22nd, 2006 at 09:36 PM.
    "Ich will den Frieden - und ich werde alles daransetzen, um den Frieden zu schließen. Noch ist es nicht zu spät. Dabei werde ich bis an die Grenzen des Möglichen gehen, soweit es die Opfer und Würde der deutschen Nation zulassen. Ich weiß mir Besseres als Krieg!
    Adolf Hitler nach Beendigung des Frankreich-Feldzuges in einem Gespräch mit seinem Architekten Prof. Hermann Giesler, Giesler: "Ein anderer Hitler", Seite 395

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

AW: Re: On "German-Americans"

Note that we are not only talking about WW2 here but also about previous and succeeding events.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Re: AW: Re: On "German-Americans"

Wow, you really get ahead of your own stupidity with each posting. Do you still bleach your hair, btw?
    Too bad the SS isn't recruiting anymore...with your fanatical dedication you'd make the perfect conscript.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir
    Weapons for the War in Europe were made by American Industries. Infanterie Weaponery and such other things. WHO has the right to mean that A.H. and the III. Reich was the Initiator of WWII? YOU? hahah...

Don't come in here and bubble such shit. The land THEY(American) own was Indian-Land not German not even American. Americans are like Fast Food. They dont have the power to live and love their own race because THEY have no race. Mixtures and nothing more.

"I don't hate Americans by the way but i don't like their Goverment!" so also Göring and Goebbels said.

M.,

Germany was seeking to conqueror the lands of other nations. Isn't that a double standard your holding there? America was manfancturing weapons to support its ally Great Britain...which was under attack by the 3rd Reich.
    America was heistant to get invovled in WWII...it took Pearl Harbor to push us to the brink.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutschland
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

America was heistant to get invovled in WWII...it took Pearl Harbor to push us to the brink.
    I know this is not part of the original subject, but I do want to answer the young man if I may.....

Would you believe me if I said that many of the the American people believe that all their wars: WBTS, WW-I, WW-2, Korea, Vietnam, etc., were fought for the sake of God's Truth and the Brotherhood of Man? So how to go about changing their view to how we believe (truth in history) ? ... that all those wars had great cost in blood and money and, worst of all, had disastrous result.

Maybe the first step should be to convince the folks that they've been lied to by the media and by government public school history books? That won't be an easy thing to do, because nobody will easily admit that they've believed a lifetime of lies. Georgia

http://members.aol.com/apollo711/war/pearl.html

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/pha/army/tsreport.html

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: AW: Re: On "German-Americans"

America was manfancturing weapons to support its ally Great Britain...which was under attack by the 3rd Reich.
    Great Britain had declared war on Germany.

Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast