Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are German-Americans Not Considered "Volksdeutsche"? / German-Americans and Their Lack of Interest in Their Roots

Last Online
    Thursday, September 21st, 2006 @ 09:03 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: On "German-Americans"

Quote Originally Posted by GermanBund
    This is too much infighting for me - not what I expected from a Germanic forum.
    The reality of the situation is too much for you, I suppose.

Zyklop and Thumelicus appear to be overtly anti-American and are even going to slam on pro-German Americans regardless.
    LOL... which ones might these be? Certainly not you and your friends here, little miss "are you going to start WWIII?". If you want to actually attack us then go ahead. Complete the cultural betrayal you started at the end of your high school years when you gave up on learning the German language. Go for the real deal... pretend to be Anglo-Saxon. It's a much easier thing for you to be and I'd probably respect you more.

In repose
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, February 10th, 2007 @ 09:47 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Comrades,

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    I think after 2 world wars they have now know better.
    Know better? Germany may still exist in priciple but as a people the germans have been so effectively crushed under the weight of 60 years of hostile, mind and soul warping zionist/American propaganda, and the social engineering of the EU and their own govournment, and their lands and society so overwhelmed by socially eroding masses of racially and culturally incompatible migrants, that a great many have lost any real sense of national or individualistic pride and are, sadly, quite willing to think of and present themselves as generic Europeans in an attempt to effectively distance themselves from their german heritage and any associated misconceived guilt.

The proud Germans of skadi forum are hardly representive of the average Reichsdeutsch German, who does not openly manifest their demonstrable, defiantly open pro-German sentiments.
    For those who would question the germanicity of the German diasporan community, i would argue that the true, traditional, undiminished, and authentic german spirit is most vitally alive and well amongst the Deutschen im Ausland.

So take that!
    I will not so easily allow myself to be disenfranchised of my rightful heritage.

Best wishes,
    The insecure German.
    _GM.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GermanBund
    And I guess even though Alfred Rosenberg was an ethnic German from a Baltic state, I am not because I come from the American state.
    Actually, I tried to clarify, you can be german, because of your ancestors, but, it is not automatically so, if Alfred Rosenberg would have said he is a Balt, and would have used all his skill to help the Baltic people, then he would have been a Balt if you ask me.

Judging whether or not someone is German is not really something for the internet.

But as I said, if we accept other racially compatible people to become germans, why not the other way arround? As it seems it does happen.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Daglaf

Yea, I sadly agree with you aningli_deas. Thats how we Anglo-Americans got control of North America in the first place. Indians kept fighting other Indians; often over us. Thats how we Aryans are loosing control of North America now. Aryans keep fighting each other. History does have its lessons. Thanks for using our unifying name: "Aryan".
    Last edited by Daglaf; Friday, May 5th, 2006 at 01:13 PM.

Last Online
    Sunday, May 21st, 2006 @ 08:41 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Having a longtime companion
    Religion
    Traditional Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger
    if Alfred Rosenberg would have said he is a Balt, and would have used all his skill to help the Baltic people, then he would have been a Balt if you ask me.
    So say if someone from England, whom is obviously British/English moves to oh, lets say, Puerto Rico, and uses his skill to help the Puerto Rican people, then he is now a Puerto Rican and no longer English/British?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

AW: Re: On "German-Americans"

Quote Originally Posted by aingli_deas
    So say if someone from England, whom is obviously British/English moves to oh, lets say, Puerto Rico, and uses his skill to help the Puerto Rican people, then he is now a Puerto Rican and no longer English/British?
    Alfred Rosenberg was of German ancestry but grew up in the Baltic. I think you don´t understand the whole issue here.
    Btw, if your´s and GermanBund´s need for harmony is so strong, why did you register in the Free Speech forum at all?
    Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Last Online
    Country
    Religion
    Traditional Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Re: On "German-Americans"

Quote Originally Posted by Zyklop
    Alfred Rosenberg was of German ancestry but grew up in the Baltic. I think you don´t understand the whole issue here.
    Btw, if your´s and GermanBund´s need for harmony is so strong, why did you register in the Free Speech forum at all?
    Uhm, the issue at hand here is you and your friend seem to think that someone can't actually be whatever racial ethnicity because they grew up in America or a country that isn't where their ethnical background is from. That is probably one of those most illogical statements I have ever heard. So, you ignored my question, because you know that's exactly what you are saying. A British man would no longer be British if he moved to a foreign country, it's what you are implying and pretty much directly saying. A German is a German regardless of where they grew up. Most people, for one thing, cannot help where they just happen to be born. And moving to Germany seems like a far unwise idea because of the state the country is in right now. And by sitting on the internet telling American's they are not of whatever ancestry they claim to be because they don't live in that country is not exactly going to help your cause whatsoever. If anything, it'll make more people runaway from your cause all together.

And yes, germanbund and I are in a relationship. If you have an issue with that, then oh well for you. But I am wondering the same about you and Thumelicus.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Uhm, the issue at hand here is you and your friend seem to think that someone can't actually be whatever racial ethnicity because they grew up in America or a country that isn't where their ethnical background is from.
    That's not what I was saying. Furthermore I particularily talked about descendants.
    If an English man moved to Germany, married a german woman, lives in Germany, and gets Kids.
    What are his Kids? English-German? Again, let's say one of these Kids marrys a german, what are their descendants? 1/4th English- 3/4th German?
    Could he move to England and claim to be English?
    Would he be accepted as one of their kin?

This dual ethnicity is crap, if you ask me, all I am saying is that one should decide where he wants to belong, then he will be accepted.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Country
    Religion
    Traditional Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger
    That's not what I was saying. Furthermore I particularily talked about descendants.
    If an English man moved to Germany, married a german woman, lives in Germany, and gets Kids.
    What are his Kids? English-German? Again, let's say one of these Kids marrys a german, what are their descendants? 1/4th English- 3/4th German?
    Could he move to England and claim to be English?
    Would he be accepted as one of their kin?

This dual ehtnicity is crap, if you ask me, all I am saying is that one should decide where he wants to belong, then he will be accepted.
    I wasn't responding to you. I was talking about people who are 100% whatever. The other two were implying that a man isn't German because he wasn't born and raised in Germany, even if they are 100% German. It's illogical.

And in the end, who really cares? I think it's something stupid to argue over. A German is a German, an Irish is an Irish, and an English is an English, regardless of physical location.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

AW: Re: AW: Re: On "German-Americans"

So, you ignored my question, because you know that's exactly what you are saying.
    You are a liar. Have you read the first post in this thread? I don´t think so.
    Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast