Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Most miserable country you've been to?

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 06:26 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Independent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Most miserable country?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Too many people are miserable and yet they do nothing to change it on their own-- even though they certainly could.
    Thats not true at all. If they are being occupied like Palestine is by the Israeli Zionist bastards, they can fight til they collapse and not get the desired outcome. Fate dealt alot of places a 2 or a 3. Maybe places like Korea, parts of South America, Haiti, Eastern Europe, and Russia can, but Indonesia or Palestine, not much they can do alone, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    The United States is not a Happy Kingdom now. We are in an unjust and costly war, Bush has taken all our consitutional rights away, our good jobs have been outsourced, our remaining jobs pay so little only Mexicans want them, and speaking of Mexicans, they are flooding our economy and our very culture is being theatened by them. Meanwhile, our government does nothing to help us---unless we are Jewish.
    I agree 100% with what was said there. I have nothing against mexicans as a race, but the illegal immigration is really [devastating] alot of areas in terms of economy, and crime. Actually, it isn't Mexicans so much at all. Its really El Salvador who's the worst in that respect, unless you're in Texas or California
    Last edited by Atilla; Friday, April 7th, 2006 at 10:04 PM.

Last Online
    Monday, July 31st, 2006 @ 12:10 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Executive
    Politics
    Live and let live.
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie
    Actually, it struck me that in the US it seems to be more unacceptable to show negative emotions than it is in many other countries (not that I've travelled that much, mind you). In your average, middle-class people anyway. As if its okay to be happy, happy, joy, joy.... but if you're angry or sad etc, you've got to fake happiness iykwim? I just think that this is exaggerated in US culture, that's all. Would drive me 'round the twist!
    There may be truth to what you say. You certainly cannot show anger. Anger is not socially acceptable in many circles. Sadness is not particularly accepted either. You know, stop feeling sorry for yourself, etc.
    AKA rossi, rusman

If you adhere to the truth, and have a good grounding in logic and the scientific method, then, you might, just might, know something sometime.

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Well, I thought I would drop a note of myself saying that England was the most miserable country I've visited. Of course it was not all over the place, but in general, people are just too snob, cold, and miserable.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 01:18 AM
    Subrace
    Eriliskaz
    Hermit
    Occupation
    Teutonologist
    Politics
    Pangermanicism
    Religion
    Aðelakhaiðús.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I always understood this American practice of feigning happiness no matter how you feel inside to be a strong trait of Anglo-Saxon culture in general. The English have long been seen as unemotional, i.e the British "stiff upper lip". This is characteristic of Germanic peoples to be less emotional than other ethnic groups. We tend to view our emotions from a distance. But one difference between Anglo-Saxon culture and German culture is that when you ask someone in England or America how they are, the person is not supposed to answer honestly. They are supposed to say automatically something like "Good! How are you?" In German culture it is more acceptable when asked "Wie geht's" to respond with a description of your health at the moment and what emotions you are truly feeling etc.

Last Online
    Monday, July 31st, 2006 @ 12:10 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Executive
    Politics
    Live and let live.
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by thiedischer
    I always understood this American practice of feigning happiness no matter how you feel inside to be a strong trait of Anglo-Saxon culture in general. The English have long been seen as unemotional, i.e the British "stiff upper lip". This is characteristic of Germanic peoples to be less emotional than other ethnic groups. We tend to view our emotions from a distance. But one differencee between Anglo-Saxon culture and German culture is that when you ask someone in England or America how they are, the person is not supposed to answer honestly. They are supposed to say automatically something like "Good! How are you? In German culture it is more acceptable when asked "Wie geht's" to respond with a description of your health at the moment and what emotions you are truly feeling etc.
    I agree.
    AKA rossi, rusman

If you adhere to the truth, and have a good grounding in logic and the scientific method, then, you might, just might, know something sometime.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The English have long been seen as unemotional, i.e the British "stiff upper lip". This is characteristic of Germanic peoples to be less emotional than other ethnic groups.
    I quite disagree there. I've also been to Austria and Germany and I loved the people there. Not as cold or unemotional as one would think, judging by the stereotype. I can't say much about Northern Germany, though... I had a lot of fun with the Austrians, I even learnt how to sing the Jodler, badly though.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 01:18 AM
    Subrace
    Eriliskaz
    Hermit
    Occupation
    Teutonologist
    Politics
    Pangermanicism
    Religion
    Aðelakhaiðús.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Explain, please.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

But one differencee between Anglo-Saxon culture and German culture is that when you ask someone in England or America how they are, the person is not supposed to answer honestly. They are supposed to say automatically something like "Good! How are you? In German culture it is more acceptable when asked "Wie geht's" to respond with a description of your health at the moment and what emotions you are truly feeling etc.
    Or maybe because Americans/English don't really want to know how their countrymen are. They just ask "How are you?" to be polite, as a formality and nothing more. They might be living in "win or die" individualistic societies, in which people see each others only as concurrents and not as fellows, not as part of a same people.

But I don't think it's only an AS stuff; I have this feeling here as well. People don't really give a damn about your mood, they don't listen to you, they have barely ask you that they don't even bother to listen to your reply and are gone... I think it's more of a modernity thing than anything else (individualism, competition, less contacts between people...).
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

« -Oh my God, but you're a neo-nazi?!...
    -But why neo? »

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Explain, please.
    In Austria, around Innsbruck, the people were really friendly, not cold at all. A group of Austrians almost forced me to go and have a drink with them, I appreciated that. In Baden-Wurttemberg I met a couple more who stuffed me in a car and forced me see the whole city. Not to mention the parties, and all the fun I had. It was pretty nice. In England, I barely knew anyone, especially in London, I really couldn't stand how snob, boring, sad most were. Really, it annoyed me.

I would blame it on the ambience. I'm sorry to state this for those who live there, but that place is without doubt the most polluted place I've ever seen. If I lived there I wouldn't be exactly the most joyful person around, for sure.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast