Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isn't there a Finnish sub-forum?

Last Online
    Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 @ 06:15 PM
    Subrace
    West-baltid + nordid
    Almost progressive
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why isn't there a Finnish sub-forum?

I wonder why there arent Finland sub-forum?

Recent studies shows that finns are genetically close to european average and very close to swedes genetically.

Finns are also most "cro-magnoid" from the whole world,recent studies shows that too.

In Finland are one of the most biggest number of blue eyed people in the whole world among with other nordic states.

Last "real" blond haired human will be finnish cause here is the greatest number of blond haired habitants in proportion to population.

Finns are germanic tribe just like Franks, Ostrogoths, Visigoths, Burgundians Angles, Saxons, Ostrogoths, Vandals and Lombards. All they came from east,finns just came here,Finland.Maybe they had their own strange language but their genes are germanic.

Before christianity finns had their own religion exactly the same like in scandinavic mythology,only difference was language,gods were same.

Finns have been in resigned position, throughout its history.Swedish rule and russian rule strated to connest finns more closely together.Reason why finns have been in loverworth is because they had this strange language and their strange forrest habbits "forrest people" and ofcourse the biggest reason is population.In Finland was just some tens of thousands population in 16th century.

Finns have always had this problem that they dont belong to anywhere.We dont want to belong to Russia but to west and scandinavia but even today finns always thinks that what example germans think about them,that which race finns belong in their opinion.Finland is maybe the most pro-german country in the world.

People,just visit in Finland and youll see that in what race we belong.Mostly to nordic but also in eastern baltic.

Simply,Finland belongs to germanic race so add Finland in that list too.

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 @ 07:12 PM
    Subrace
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Įsatrś
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sv: Why there arent finnish sub-forum

Well I don't remember on what page I read, but if you google on finns+germanic or something like that you'll find an intresting article which means that finns are the ancient "quens"/kväner since the norwegian and old norse word for sami is finn, and the old word for finn is quen/kvän. And quen on the other hand is a germanic people. The finnish language is on the other hand an evidence for contact with swedes for more than 1.500 years ago. Take the word "kuningas" for exmaple and compafre it with the Old Scandinavian "kuningaz". It become "konungr" in old norse and then "konungur" in modern icelandic and "kung" in modern finnish. Also kauppa is some ancient loan word, since it would come from the old norse word "kaupa" [köpa].

And one most not forget that swedes and finns is sopmehow mixed up, western finns, have more swedish/nordic blood while eastern finns are more "true finns" and not slavonic russians like many foreigners and even swedes do believe sometimes. Since there are still today a large number of ethnic fins on russian territory it is finns on their areas and not the opposite if you don't count the russian immigrants of course.

I'm a finlandswede but I've made many researches in this subject. Wheather finns are germanic or not. My conlcusion is the following. Ethnically one cannot really know, at least one can say that many finns living in finland today are germanic but are finns a germanic people? Well I don't really know at least some of the ancient finnish tribe most have been germanic, maybe not all but who knows. Finnish-Ugric then,? Well that's the langauge family and the origal East finnish immigrants are believed to have come from Ural, but on the contrary that could be some of the East finns living in russia (speaking russian mostle cause of the russian forcerussisination). By blood are finns germanic? Well it is a bit certain but the fact remains they are neither mongols nor slavonic like some swedes from sweden do believe. And some of them are evidently germanic as I said earlier.

But culturally there is no doubt, finns are East Scandinavians culturally and not Western Slavonic.

The sum this article up I will use citate us finlandswedes in the end of the 19th century, when Russia tried to russisinate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Finlandswede saying ~1890
    Svenskar äro vi inte längre, ryssar vilja vi inte bli, låtom oss alltså bli finnar!

About the subforum, if the haven't given Finland a forum of our own I suggest we use the swedish one since you in particular have spoken of the things we have in common.

How do hell have we ever been able to share a country if we can't share a subforum?

PS Sometimes it is our own fault that people don't count us as a germanic people, I mean i'm a finlandswede of Germanic heritage but I count myself as a finn since I'm a finn culturally and swedes from swedes also count me as a finn. So if being a finn is good for a finlandswede it must be good enough for a true finn

PS2 Jos sää et äänestä soinille Mannerheim voit ottaa sun kossu.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 19th, 2006 @ 05:26 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid/Cromagnid/Nordid
    Religion
    freethinker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Why there arent finnish sub-forum

Maybe because your language is not Germanic , it's not even Indo-European.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Įsatrś
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sv: Re: Why there arent finnish sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalseal
    Maybe because your language is not Germanic , it's not even Indo-European.
    Wtf??? Standard swedish is not a germanic language if you ask me, there are more ancient germanic words in finnish than in swedish. Swedish is an old norse based filled up with french, low german, latin, etc just a bunch of loanwords.

So if we judge after linguistic germanicity only Icelanders are germanic. Cause the rest of the germanic languages are filled with loan words like swedish which has 60 % loan words.

Hįfrónsku fyrr hverr noršmašr!

No it is not a indo-european langauge but if you count frecnh and frenchmen as more north germanic than finns I wonder what you drank tonight!

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 03:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim
    Finns are germanic tribe just like Franks, Ostrogoths, Visigoths, Burgundians Angles, Saxons, Ostrogoths, Vandals and Lombards. All they came from east,finns just came here,Finland.Maybe they had their own strange language but their genes are germanic.
    Germanic is mostly a cultural term, genes can't be Germanic. Those people of European origin whose country or region original language is Germanic can be considered Germanic.

Finns may racially be CM, Nordids or Baltids, very close to Swedes f.e., but Finns' language is Finno-Ugric, so they are culturally Finno-Ugric. The same way Hungarians are genetically and racially very similar to Western Slavs, but culturally they are not Slavic, but Finno-Ugrian.

Aswell, most Finns share the "N" Y Chromosome haplotype, which was brought to Europe 5,000 years ago, while most Germanics share either the "R1" haplotypes (R1a & R1b) which were brought to Europe approx. 40,000 - 35,000 years ago, or the "I" haplotype which was brought to Europe approx. 20,000 years ago.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Įsatrś
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sv: Re: Why there arent finnish sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Galaico
    Germanic is mostly a cultural term, genes can't be Germanic. Those people of European origin whose country or region original language is Germanic can be considered Germanic.

Finns may racially be CM, Nordids or Baltids, very close to Swedes f.e., but Finns' language is Finno-Ugric, so they are culturally Finno-Ugric. The same way Hungarians are genetically and racially very similar to Western Slavs, but culturally they are not Slavic, but Finno-Ugrian.

Aswell, most Finns share the "N" Y Chromosome haplotype, which was brought to Europe 5,000 years ago, while most Germanics share either the "R1" haplotypes (R1a & R1b) which were brought to Europe approx. 40,000 - 35,000 years ago, or the "I" haplotype which was brought to Europe approx. 20,000 years ago.
    That's easy to say when you live in Spain, come here and look for yourself. I'm a finlandswede and I can tell you that some swedes looks like finns and the opposite. Culturallry finns are Eastern Scandiiavian not ugric like ests and hungarians. Genetically they are Nordids or whatever it is that us swedes are. Many times finns are even blonder than swedes.

But keep going and Väinamöinen will come for your soul vittun hintti.

Last Online
    Subrace
    West-baltid + nordid
    Almost progressive
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finns are mainly baltids and nordids and their mixes racially.I know this by hard researching.

Eastern finns are little different racially and genetically but they are still good.

Nevertheless we are so small nation that we should be proud from ourselves.

And we definetely are not mongols.There is finnish looking people all around the white countries in the world.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 03:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by odinn
    That's easy to say when you live in Spain, come here and look for yourself. I'm a finlandswede and I can tell you that some swedes looks like finns and the opposite.
    Did you read my post? Did I say the contrary?

Culturallry finns are Eastern Scandiiavian not ugric like ests and hungarians.
    What makes Finns less Finno-Ugric than Estonians or Hungarians?

Eastern Scandinavian? You mean the Eastern part of the Scandinavian peninsula, Stockholm?

Genetically they are Nordids or whatever it is that us swedes are. Many times finns are even blonder than swedes.
    I agree, there are many Nordid Finns. Are Nordid Russians or Nordid Poles Germanic?

But keep going and Väinamöinen will come for your soul vittun hintti.
    I'm sorry, I didn't understand the last part

Nevertheless we are so small nation that we should be proud from ourselves.
    You must be very proud of being a Finn, you are a great nation.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 12th, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Galaico, the term Finno-Ugrian equals to Indo-European and not germanic, Slavic etc. Hungarians can call themselves Finno-Ugrics if they wish, Finns and Estonians are Finnic (Finnic equals to Germanic, Romance etc...).

As for not having a Finnish section, Skadi is a Germanic forum so why there should be a Finnish sub forum? Besides there is not enough Finnish members for a section of their own.

Last Online
    Subrace
    West-baltid + nordid
    Almost progressive
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder why there arent Finland sub-forum?

Recent studies shows that finns are genetically close to european average and very close to swedes genetically.

Finns are also most "cro-magnoid" from the whole world,recent studies shows that too.

In Finland are one of the most biggest number of blue eyed people in the whole world among with other nordic states.

Last "real" blond haired human will be finnish cause here is the greatest number of blond haired habitants in proportion to population.

Before christianity finns had their own religion exactly the same like in scandinavic mythology,only difference was language,gods were same.

Finns have been in resigned position, throughout its history.Swedish rule and russian rule strated to connest finns more closely together.Reason why finns have been in loverworth is because they had this strange language and their strange forrest habbits "forrest people" and ofcourse the biggest reason is population.In Finland was just some tens of thousands population in 16th century.

Finns have always had this problem that they dont belong to anywhere.We dont want to belong to Russia but to west and scandinavia but even today finns always thinks that what example germans think about them,that which race finns belong in their opinion.Finland is maybe the most pro-german country in the world.

People,just visit in Finland and youll see that in what race we belong.Mostly to nordic but also in eastern baltic.

Simply,Finland belongs to germanic race so add Finland in that list too.

This was one of my first posts and i didnt had studied this site much.

But now i know that finnish sub-forum is useless cause this is germanic cultural preservation site and Finland is not germanic linguisticly.

Finland is imho germanic from its culture(i dont mean great pagan religion like asatru) and racially mainly baltid and nordid and i think these 2 races are counted to germanic races(or was it just nordid?).

However,then Finland would be 2/3 germanic.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast