Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

AW: Stop or humanize the seal hunt in Canada

Yes, it is no big deal for me, but when I see it, I can just be disgusted. Its absolutely unnecessary to be that brutal and the suffering makes no sense. If it should be, the same could be done in a more civilised way.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Tyrsson

Re: Stop or humanize the seal hunt in Canada

signed.

a.k.a. Slå ring om Norge
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Arkansas Arkansas
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Then you also should see how cows and pigs and lambs and chickens are slaughtered on the European continent...

Many would become sworen vegetarians....

" In order to keep the respect for a sausage, one must not be present when it is made." - Bismarck

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Actually no babies are killed. In fact I find the majority of people are quite ignorant of the matter of the seal hunt. It's a traditional industry in newfoundland. They do not club the poor baby harp seals or whatever bullshit people are saying. They shoot adult seals with guns. By the way, seal overpopulation is a huge problem.. Seriously, people need to calm down.. If you think about it, the way animals are raised for food is far less humane.. But people still eat it. Many things are wrong with this world but the seal hunt is the least of it. I think it should go on.
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Last Online
    Monday, May 1st, 2006 @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freydis
    They do not club the poor baby harp seals or whatever bullshit people are saying. They shoot adult seals with guns.

|
    \/

Tyrsson

Seals eat fish, therefore fisherman don't like seals. Overpopulation is a huge problem? I'm sure 1 seal would still be seen as overpopulation by some fisherman. The fact is the Atlantic ocean is overfished and thats why fish stocks are down.
    Just because an industry is old doesnt make it right. Oldgrowth forest logging, slash and burn style is old, so what? does that mean we should keep doing it? or should we use plantation timber from sustainable forestry sites.

No babies are killed? Where do you get your info from?
    BBC "Up to 325,000 young harp seal pups could be killed in the coming weeks. "

All that being said I can understand where the locals are coming from, they need work to survive, but maybe their gov should help them start other industries or at least work to lower the extremely high numbers culled.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 6th, 2008 @ 11:52 AM
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The way seals and other animals are tortured and skinned alive is infuriating. It is a manner that can only be aplied by sick minds, therefore I would call it "human" in stead of inhuman. Only humans can perform such idiotic stupidity.

I have worked for two months with seals and other sea animals in a sealife center, it is moving to be around those animals, especially seals. It was during winter, many seals who lost their course arrived on our beaches and were rescued in that center. Very nice to be around.
    And imagine the variety of colours my face turned into when my grandmother came to see me working there... in one of her different fur jackets.

For people who are not yet convinced,
    take a look at this
    http://www.biteback.be/tv/?mov=1
    it is just one of the many disgusting movies that provide a very effective way of convincing...

Interesting fact read on biteback.be
    The Germanic folk were mainly vegetarians. That is the conclusion of a Canadian scientist who investigated 5 bog bodies of around 2000 years. The analysis showed that these prehistorical people of Northern Germany rarely ate any meat, just now and then a rabit. Even though the sea was nearby, they didn't eat a lot of fish either.

Website concerning the seal hunt
    http://www.ifaw.org/
    Last edited by wat; Wednesday, April 5th, 2006 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling update

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

AW: Stop or humanize the seal hunt in Canada

The Germanic folk were mainly vegetarians. That is the conclusion of a Canadian scientist who investigated 5 bog bodies of around 2000 years. The analysis showed that these prehistorical people of Northern Germany rarely ate any meat, just now and then a rabit. Even though the sea was nearby, they didn't eat a lot of fish either.
    Sounds rather like propaganda. If Germanics ate less meat than usual, then mostly because there was none available, which meant bad nutrition and hunger oftentimes. Original Indoeuropeans and Germanics ate even more meat than other groups, since their subsistence based more on animal husbandry. For Germanics milk was of great importance most likely.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsson
    Seals eat fish, therefore fisherman don't like seals. Overpopulation is a huge problem? I'm sure 1 seal would still be seen as overpopulation by some fisherman. The fact is the Atlantic ocean is overfished and thats why fish stocks are down.
    Just because an industry is old doesnt make it right. Oldgrowth forest logging, slash and burn style is old, so what? does that mean we should keep doing it? or should we use plantation timber from sustainable forestry sites.

No babies are killed? Where do you get your info from?
    BBC "Up to 325,000 young harp seal pups could be killed in the coming weeks. "

All that being said I can understand where the locals are coming from, they need work to survive, but maybe their gov should help them start other industries or at least work to lower the extremely high numbers culled.
    Seems a good explanation...

Quote Originally Posted by wat
    The way seals and other animals are tortured and skinned alive is infuriating. It is a manner that can only be aplied by sick minds, therefore I would call it "human" in stead of inhuman. Only humans can perform such idiotic stupidity.

I have worked for two months with seals and other sea animals in a sealife center, it is moving to be around those animals, especially seals. It was during winter, many seals who lost their course arrived on our beaches and were rescued in that center. Very nice to be around.
    And imagine the variety of colours my face turned into when my grandmother came to see me working there... in one of her different fur jackets.

For people who are not yet convinced,
    take a look at this
    http://www.biteback.be/tv/?mov=1
    it is just one of the many disgusting movies that provide a very effective way of convincing...

Interesting fact read on biteback.be

Website concerning the seal hunt
    http://www.ifaw.org/
    A high caloric diet in the form of meat would be more consisent with a Sea Faring people such as Northern Germans. Perhaps this was just an isolated case.

Was this Canadian Scientist by chance a Vegetarian himself?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast