European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Re: The Dinarid type

Quote Originally Posted by thiedischer
    I agree. Generally the more dinaric a person is the less attractive they look, especially with women. This does not mean that there aren't individuals who show dinaric features who aren't attractive.
    Clearly not!

It depends from what kind of Dinarid. Norids, for example, are on average more attractive.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 04:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thiedischer
    I agree. Generally the more dinaric a person is the less attractive they look, especially with women. This does not mean that there aren't individuals who show dinaric features who aren't attractive.
    Clearly not!
    Okay guys, tell me what is so Dinaric about this lady Vermes Katelin-- I thought it was only really the convex nose shape and the flattened skull that counts? I can't see either on her. How can you tell from the front of her face?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thruthheim
    Looking at examples of the Dinarics, I have to say personally i find them to be aesthetically unattractive. Mainly due to the prominent nose, but the skin also, lacking the Nordid more rosey complexion.

Nose is prominent, but skin tone isn't too distant from the nordid one : sure, isn't so rosey, but neither dark like mediterraneans. Rather a light-intermediate complexion.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 14th, 2010 @ 06:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italo-brazilian
    Subrace
    Dinaric Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Occupation
    Information Terrorist
    Politics
    Carthago Delenda Est
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Katalin have a very aristocratic look. Nice photos.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think opinions vary a fair bit as to what the Dinarid really is. I think some are a mixture of Alpine with Mediterranids, and others are a blend of Alpine and what I could call "Bronze Age Dinarid". There is a type I see all the time which has morphological features that perfectly fit the description of the skulls appearing in Western Europe with the Bronze Age, apparently originating in Anatolia, then travelling across the Mediterranean to Spain, and from there into France, the British Isles and central Europe.

In my opinion this is the "true" Dinarid type, although it obviously just depends on definition to a large extent.

Looking at examples of the Dinarics, I have to say personally i find them to be aesthetically unattractive. Mainly due to the prominent nose, but the skin also, lacking the Nordid more rosey complexion.
    This type I refer to is characterised very much by fair skin, a ruddy complexion which tends to be quite red on people like farmers; the hair colour is medium brown, but often reddish, and the eyes blue or green. I suspect that the skulls from the Bronze Age would have belonged to people with this complexion.

It is by no means an unnattractive type, and is one of the commonest in Britain and Ireland.

I'm inclined to think that the darker features attributed to Dinarids is partly due to various phenotypes coming under this definition, and partly to the fact that the type is also quite common in parts of Europe (and indeed some parts of the Middle East) where they are frequently mixed with darker types.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydderch
    I think opinions vary a fair bit as to what the Dinarid really is. I think some are a mixture of Alpine with Mediterranids, and others are a blend of Alpine and what I could call "Bronze Age Dinarid". There is a type I see all the time which has morphological features that perfectly fit the description of the skulls appearing in Western Europe with the Bronze Age, apparently originating in Anatolia, then travelling across the Mediterranean to Spain, and from there into France, the British Isles and central Europe.

In my opinion this is the "true" Dinarid type, although it obviously just depends on definition to a large extent.

This type I refer to is characterised very much by fair skin, a ruddy complexion which tends to be quite red on people like farmers; the hair colour is medium brown, but often reddish, and the eyes blue or green. I suspect that the skulls from the Bronze Age would have belonged to people with this complexion.

I agree on the entire post. You write the same things i think.

Great anthropologist Renato Biasutti, thought something of similar. He stated a sort of Cromagnid origin for real Dinarids.

The main problem, or better, the fundamental misconception , on the subject originates with Carleton Coon, who simplifies the broblem with the "Alpinid+Med" formula, we all know. Erroneous thesis, reported too, on the "nordish anthropologic association" site.................Dinarid type, simply can't be the result of a Med/alpinid blend, (and neither an armenid variant) : Dinarid , probably is a type its own originated by very different and ancient influences.

I'm inclined to think that the darker features attributed to Dinarids is partly due to various phenotypes coming under this definition, and partly to the fact that the type is also quite common in parts of Europe (and indeed some parts of the Middle East) where they are frequently mixed with darker types
    BIG point of misconception..........pigmentation is one of the somatic traits whom influences observers the most : Carlton Coon, took like examples in his studies, people from the Balkans (Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Greece Bulgaria), very south from the rest of continental Europe, near a notable mass of pure Mediterranean blood (Greece for example), so many "Dinarids" studied by him are probably "mediterranean-influenced". The "brownish skin" reported by Coon is probably the result of Med influence : the real dinarid isn't dark pigmented.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar
    The "brownish skin" reported by Coon is probably the result of Med influence : the real dinarid isn't dark pigmented.
    nonsense, the dinarid IS dark pigmented.

Norid is nordid brachycephalized by dinarid admixture

The skin is brownish.
    The hair is generally curly, seldom smooth, and it is fine. Its growth is thick, especially on the body and at the beard. Thick moustaches are often met with, as also heavy eyebrows. The hair is brown to black. Dinaric, ... The eyes are brown to brown-black. The expression of the eyes has often something defiant and self-conscious, and sometimes merry and bluff about it. - from gunther

The Dinarid race is very tall, dark, high-skulled and round-skulled (brachycephalic), with a very large, long, but also rather broad, face and with a large, more or less bent nose. This race is low in the frequency of blood type gene q. The Dinarid race probably originated in south-eastern Europe. from lundman

but the skin also, lacking the Nordid more rosey complexion.
    Only because you're a nordicist. Pigmentation is irrelevant, even on the contrary, most people prefer a tan.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 03:15 PM
    Subrace
    Skando-Nordid->CM
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waarnemer
    Only because you're a nordicist. Pigmentation is irrelevant, even on the contrary, most people prefer a tan.
    Yes, sadly as far as im aware there isn't a name for people who admire Dinarics Rosey complexion, not pale.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 19th, 2006 @ 04:26 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid/Cromagnid/Nordid
    Religion
    freethinker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What separates Dinarids from Armenids?

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yes, sadly as far as im aware there isn't a name for people who admire Dinarics Rosey complexion, not pale.
    it isn't as simplistic as you may think

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalseal
    What separates Dinarids from Armenids?
    To give a very generalistic and unspecific approach, the process is the same, only dinarids developed from european cromagnid sources - dinarization is a process without a genetic relation and through convergent evolution - and armenoids are basically alien to europe.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast