Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Does anybody on the internet have an IQ under 120?

Quote Originally Posted by Unity Mitford View Post
    As long as you are not mentally subnormal, does it really matter?
    I don't think so; IQ seems to be strongly subject to the law of diminishing returns. The higher you get, the less helpful those added points are in every day life. You get to a point where having more points might allow you to be a theoretical physicist or something of that nature, but won't really do much else for you.

Last Online
    Friday, May 20th, 2016 @ 02:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    I had my first IQ test when I was about 5 months old. My results were somewhere between 276 and 673. The lack of precision in the results was consequence of the fact that no test then conceived had accounted for the possibility of encountering such mind-blowing genius as mine. I spent most of my childhood in laboratories, pieces of my brain being extracted daily for intense scientific research (they figured that I could stand to lose a good third of my brain and still be the world's smartest person, and by some margin), and at the age of six, I had the job of teaching my own class of supercomputers about quantum mechanics and experimental trans-dimensional interwarpation physics (a field I invented, no less).

Later IQ tests revealed that I'd in fact been a slow developer, and that my abilities as a baby drastically undershot my true potential. 276-673 became 3467-8000000, and various wars were started between nations desperate to have me as their captive. But, of course, the nation always won that had me as its counsel, and so I changed hands never. I spent my entire youth revolutionising the world from one solitary maximum security underground bunker.

I am the smartest person who has ever lived, but I must say I've met many rivals, not in the science labs, as you might think, but in threads all over the internet titled 'What's your IQ?' Who'd have thought that the internet of all places would be hiding such brilliance? A place where few people know the difference between 'there' and 'their' or 'woman' and 'women' also hides tens of thousands of the world's most powerful minds! Truly amazing! I believe -- actually, no, I calculated, because I'm smart -- that the seeming stupidity of the internet is in fact a devilish ruse to keep the world from tearing itself apart in pursuit of their invaluable wisdom. Perhaps to go to such lengths and then casually to reveal their genius in countless threads across the e-world seems contradictory: but no, there's genius behind that too, but a type of genius most are not, and never will be, smart enough to divine.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    Does anybody on the internet have an IQ under 120?
    Sure, but those are the people who share cat videos on Facebook and give Justin Bieber millions of views on YouTube. They aren't interested in discussing topics at Skadi.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    I don't think so; IQ seems to be strongly subject to the law of diminishing returns. The higher you get, the less helpful those added points are in every day life. You get to a point where having more points might allow you to be a theoretical physicist or something of that nature, but won't really do much else for you.
    Major problem in that regard is that most people in society will have an IQ that is around 90-110*. That would mean that people who score significantly above that (lets say two standard deviations) will have a harder time relating with a large part of the group. You might compare it with how well an average person might relate with a group of people who are clinically retarded (having an IQ of =<70 if I remember correctly).

*for the sake of the argument presume it is a society consisting of one ethnicity.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GroeneWolf View Post
    Major problem in that regard is that most people in society will have an IQ that is around 90-110*. That would mean that people who score significantly above that (lets say two standard deviations) will have a harder time relating with a large part of the group. You might compare it with how well an average person might relate with a group of people who are clinically retarded (having an IQ of =<70 if I remember correctly).
    Indeed, in several respects it can even be a disadvantage, just like being very large/tall is a handicap and you have to take the train, where all the seats are made for people of average posture.

Without wanting to brag —and that's why I'm relieved most of you seem to be a similar position— I am fairly above average, intelligence-wise, but I am also somewhat of an oddball, socially*. On top of that, being an ethnocentrist in an increasingly multi-ethnic world didn't really help to envision some sort of a future when I was at school, so while I did not end up in the gutter, I also didn't achieve much profession-wise (i.e. I'm not a theoretical physicist). In fact, my aim was to get into a line of work that would earn me a decent income while at the same time would leave me some energy to self-study. I did succeed in that.

I wouldn't be surprised if several of you folks can relate to this career story.

*(I know can be good company, and I can really enjoy other's company, but not too often, and certainly not everybody's; I know many people that I like or even love on the emotional level, but that I do not want to waste too much time with, because of their lack of depth. I prefer solitude over cozy superficiality. My wife has to put up with that from time to time.)

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    529 Posts
    By looking at the poll it suggest that we are a bunch of nerds and introverts.

I'm not much on believing IQ test are a accurate way to judge a individual person, I have met far too many people that would score average or slightly below average yet have figured out life in a very successful manner.

That being said I think IQ test can be used to judge groups of people as a whole. If the trend is for group X to be higher than group Y than you will notice a huge difference in culture and sustainability. An example of this is black Africans, they have a very low culture and low sustainability.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    By looking at the poll it suggest that we are a bunch of nerds and introverts.

I'm not much on believing IQ test are a accurate way to judge a individual person, I have met far too many people that would score average or slightly below average yet have figured out life in a very successful manner.

That being said I think IQ test can be used to judge groups of people as a whole. If the trend is for group X to be higher than group Y than you will notice a huge difference in culture and sustainability. An example of this is black Africans, they have a very low culture and low sustainability.
    While it is certainly true that an IQ, as established by a test, is no assessment of a person in his/her totality, it is in fact an individual test. And, of course, blacks as a group are less intelligent, but that does not mean that a smart black person (say, with an IQ of 130) isn't really that smart or so.

In a way, those smart black people are a victim of their ethnicity at large. If they would enlist in a eugenics program for a few generations, you'd have a completely different average Black African.

In a way, those Africans might be the victim of development aid, the largest anti-eugenics operation ever.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, March 16th, 2019 @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    What you'd have from that kind of program is the Flynn effect, which if I recall correctly gives a 15% rise in IQ per generation because of the social factors involved, i.e Western Civilisation with schools, easy access to food, shelter and other programs that help increase potential, but over a population it would revert to the mean in no time when tests are restandardised.

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 06:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid + Dalofaelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Germanic Nationalism
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I took several online IQ-tests over the years and I always had something between 130 and 140, so that's what I voted for. When I was six, my parents sent me to a psychologist and had me take a professional IQ-test and I got 132 there.

Last Online
    Friday, June 22nd, 2018 @ 09:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Lowland Scots, Pennsylvania German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Married
    Occupation
    Pixels
    Politics
    Public Lands Libertarian
    Religion
    Gnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Just posting this because, just because.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWzjn0N9g4g

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314