Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non-European Admixture in Afrikaners?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 24th, 2005 @ 11:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Non-European Admixture in Afrikaners?

Afrikaners are definitely inbred (just as other small white ethnicities such as the Cajuns are). However, to make the claim that 1/7th of Afrikaners exhibit strong Capoid features is an over-exaggeration. It's quite conceivable that 1/7 have some slight Capoid admixture, however, no offense to anyone here. If we are going to start talking about admixture in various populations, might as well get all the relevant information out into the open right?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son
    It's quite conceivable that 1/7th of Afrikaners have some slight Capoid admixture, no offense to anyone here.
    I really doubt that 1 in 7 South Africans would have Capoid admixture. I believe that amount to be significantly smaller, although not nonexistent. By far the great majority of miscegenatory offspring have been assimilated into the "Cape Coloured" population, surrounding Cape Town. But there is evidence of *some* families carrying hybridized members. Probably some children who "passed for white" (almost always females), and then marry a white male. But this was certainly the exception. I believe phenotype is still a good way to detect such admixture, although a genetic sampling of Pretoria might yield fascinating results.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't get the idea that I am claiming that Boers/Afrikaners are monrgels though. Levels of admixture are probably very small indeed, and obviously non-Caucasoid-influenced phenotypes are rare. I find all the constant arguments about "purity" here exceedingly funny, however, especially when one considers the fact that the percentages of admixture we are talking about here are lower than 5%, and that no ethnic group, except perhaps the Irish can really claim to be pure.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Afrikaners are definitely inbred (just as other small white ethnicities such as the Cajuns are). However, to make the claim that 1/7th of Afrikaners exhibit strong Capoid features is an over-exaggeration. It's quite conceivable that 1/7 have some slight Capoid admixture, however, no offense to anyone here. If we are going to start talking about admixture in various populations, might as well get all the relevant information out into the open right?
    To say they are inbred but then racially mixed would be a contradiction. I assume any racemixing was extremely rare and such results were cast back into the nonwhite group. I suspect the Mongoloid contribution is higher than the Negroid, and overall it's probably 2% or less, as in other populations. Most of the aggressive racemixing has been since the 1960s, thanks to the "Civil Rights" movement.

I hear the South African whites are more noble in their matings than the rest of the white world, which is good to hear.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhammer
    To say they are inbred but then racially mixed would be a contradiction.
    Not necessarily. If someone who is a pure European breeds with his cousin, who, for the sake of the argument happens to be half-Amerindian, the union would still be a form of inbreeding. In any case, I never said that the Afrikaners were 'racially mixed'. I do believe that they have absorbed a single-digit percentage of non-Europid blood.

I assume any racemixing was extremely rare and such results were cast back into the nonwhite group.
    Well, that's just an assumption.

I suspect the Mongoloid contribution is higher than the Negroid, and overall it's probably 2% or less, as in other populations.
    I think that the non-Caucasoid contribution to the Afrikaner genepool is similar to the non-Caucasoid contribution to the White American genepool - ~3%. The difference is of course that Afrikaners are a small population, and in some areas the non-Caucasoid admixture has stabilized resulting in phenotypes that are obviously influenced by non-Europid admixture.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhammer
    I hear the South African whites are more noble in their matings than the rest of the white world, which is good to hear.
    I have only encountered a few rare examples of racemixing with Afrikaners. In my home town, there is one man in his forties who has married a mixed-race woman from the Cape. He has fathered a son with her.

In general, Afrikaans people do not race mix at all. It is very rare. However times are changing, and I don't know what the future is holding.

In any case, I never said that the Afrikaners were 'racially mixed'. I do believe that they have absorbed a single-digit perecentage of non-Europid blood.
    The "non-White" element in the Afrikaner has been vastly overestimated by liberal politicians. It is a politicised concept, unfortunately, and formed part of a concerted attempt to coerce Afrikaners to accept the New South Africa.

Afrikaner phenotype is overwhelmingly "Nordish" -- and it wouldn't have been like that if there was a considerable non-Europid admixture. To say that such alleged non-white admixture has "stabilized", is maybe pushing it a bit. Our gene pool is larger than you think, and has constantly been refreshed by new immigration from northern Europe.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    The "non-White" element in the Afrikaner has been vastly overestimated by liberal politicians. It is a politicised concept, unfortunately, and formed part of a concerted attempt to coerce Afrikaners to accept the New South Africa.
    Oh, that I am fully aware of. However, to claim that the Afrikaners are as pure as, say, the Irish, or the Germans does not square with reality.

Afrikaner phenotype is overwhelmingly "Nordish"
    I agree.

-- and it wouldn't have been like that if there was a considerable non-Europid admixture.
    How much is "considerable"? Is 3% of mostly Malay admixture "considerable"?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Oh, that I am fully aware of. However, to claim that the Afrikaners are as pure as, say, the Irish, or the Germans does not square with reality.
    One cannot generalise like that. I would think some Afrikaners would be equally racially pure than those nationalities you've mentioned, and others not. Race and ethnicity is not the same, and even within the 3 million Boers you'll find variation. The only way to make a valid comparison, is to do a genetic test. Anything other than that is speculation, I'm afraid.

How much is "considerable"? Is 3% of mostly Malay admixture "considerable"?
    It depends. I think 3% is a lot personally. Too much.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Not necessarily. If someone who is a pure European breeds with his cousin, who, for the sake of the argument happens to be half-Amerindian, the union would still be a form of inbreeding. In any case, I never said that the Afrikaners were 'racially mixed'. I do believe that they have absorbed a single-digit percentage of non-Europid blood.
    Yes, it's certainly possible, as many remote things are, like me winning the lottery, but the fact that if a group of people are prone to inbreeding within the group and even to the point of incest, it's highly unlikely that so many of them would be race-mixing with distinctly unlike people.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

There may be non-Euro admixture in some Afrikaner families (a minority of them), but even that admixture is mostly not Capoid, but rather Indic, from the East Indian slave girls.

Anyway, a phenotype mostly tells the truth if there is any large admixture. One can notice selected families in South Africa who show admixture in their phenotype. But just as not all white Americans have Amerindian or negro ancestry, so not all white South Africans have non-Europoid ancestry. The whole affair is blown out of proportion, mostly for a political purpose.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast