Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Northern European Heritage and Pride

http://www.northvegr.org/leidstjarna/spring2001/northern002.php

Northern European Heritage and Pride

by Alfta Svanni Lothursdottir

It is sad but in American Society and it seems more and more, as well as in other societies, it is not "pc" to be proud of your heritage if you have white skin. If you are black, Chicano, Native American or just about any other ethnicity, you can celebrate your culture and heritage without fear of criticism. Unfortunately for those of us with Northern European Ancestry, we are not only discouraged from celebrating our heritage but are labeled as racists at the drop of a hat for doing so. The sad fact is that they would not only have us NOT celebrate our heritage but they would have us be ashamed of it as well. The even sadder fact is that society in general has succeeded in making a large number of our people feel that guilt. They feel that guilt to the extent that when they see one of their own race being proud of that heritage they unthinkingly label them racist.
    The belief that we as a race should not be proud of our culture because of past wrongs is not logical. Any race and/or culture has parts of it's history that one would not be proud of. With this reasoning no race or culture should be celebrated, for if one traces the history of any culture back far enough, sooner or later skeletons will be found. It is my belief that we, as Northern Europeans should be proud of our heritage. This pride does not mean that we should ignore or deny the mistakes. Rather we should take those mistakes and learn from them while at the same time celebrating those things that made and make our culture the great one it is.
    So this "repression" of our heritage is something we need to turn around. We need to educate people about the history of our ancestors. We need to teach our children to be proud of who and what they are and where they came from. It is only those who are confident in their own culture and race, that do not feel threatened by other cultures and races and therefore do not hate them irrationally. Just as pride in one's own family does not imply hatred of other families, neither does pride in ones own race and culture imply hatred of another.
    So let us each be proud of our race, our culture and heritage; each of us no matter what the color of our skin. Let us each be confident in who we are and where we come from so that we do not fear those who are different. For fear brings anger, anger brings hate and hate breeds atrocity.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here, the same people who fall into their "multicultural" ecstasy when they see a bunch of Negroes drumming and dancing around, have only a laugh left for the word "Germanic".

My impression is that in regard to the Germanic heritage things here got a bit better in the last years: there were several new books, TV-documentations, articles in magazines and exhibitions on the Germanic heritage, and all in all the occupation with it loses the negative touch that it had in the last decades. But it's still far not enough as it should be and too little to speak of a real turn of the trend. Also what today is written about the Germanics and their culture - if it's positive or at least not negative - often more is from its whole character political correct and "multicultural" bordered.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 9th, 2003 @ 03:16 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    busser
    Politics
    juris naturalist/strict construc
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At my school we have many different student societies. I went to each one asking if i could join. I went to the Hispanic club, and they said that i couldn't join because i wasn't hispanic, i went to the latino club, and i could join because i wasn't latin, i went to the ALSO club (alternative lifestyle student orginization) and i could not join because i am a heterosexual male, etc...
    I then petitioned and aquired 500 signitures and went to the board of students, to see about starting a caucasion culture club, where i was said to be a racist and promoting hate speach. the said that i would be promptly expelled if i "continued interest in my heritage."

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Has anyone experienced Mediterraneans calling Nords "white boys" while they see themselves as different?

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 @ 11:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic
    Ancestry
    Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English, Scottish
    Subrace
    Nordalpinoid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Engraving
    Religion
    Gnesio evangelical catholick
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post Re: Northern European Heritage and Pride

Some friends encountered a similar problem with this double standard at our school, which was 75 percent white, 15 percent asian and the rest mixed. My first year there we had only 30 negroes out of 2000 students. Part of the reason was the art school which attracted student artists and musicians from other cities (which accounts for the higher white and asian population). Anyway culture groups couldn't exclude anybody else. It was more a matter of no sane white person wanting to participate in the other groups. The caucasian group failed, their excuse being that "the school was already like a caucasian club, and caucasians don't feel excluded or a need to practice their heritage." So we took another route and started a German culture club, with the German teacher sponsoring. That worked much easier, though we could tell they didn't want to relent because we were the same ones who applied for the caucasian club. Needless to say some jews and non caucasians who studied german showed up to the club, and caused trouble, and we couldn't exclude them. All we could do was create a new rule requiring everyone to speak German the whole duration of the club meeting. The jew insisted on speaking yiddischized german so we tried to get him removed but they threatened to close the group. It was fun most of the time though, with german salutes, singing, games, crafts and food. When the negroes were wearing those africa-shaped necklaces we made german and european shaped ones with red-gold-black or red-white-blue colors and were called racists. What can you do? High school is really a sort of joke in america anyway. The best nowadays would probably be homeschooling, especially if you live in a mixed neighborhood or a bus-'em-in school.

Quote Originally Posted by dinarid love
    At my school we have many different student societies. I went to each one asking if i could join. I went to the Hispanic club, and they said that i couldn't join because i wasn't hispanic, i went to the latino club, and i could join because i wasn't latin, i went to the ALSO club (alternative lifestyle student orginization) and i could not join because i am a heterosexual male, etc...
    I then petitioned and aquired 500 signitures and went to the board of students, to see about starting a caucasion culture club, where i was said to be a racist and promoting hate speach. the said that i would be promptly expelled if i "continued interest in my heritage."