View Poll Results: Are the Sami assimilable to Germanic societies?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    43 21.08%
  • No

    126 61.76%
  • Not sure...

    35 17.16%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 166

Thread: Are the Sami Assimilable to Germanic Societies?

  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2009 @ 07:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norway (P) + Scotland (PM) + Austria (MP + MM) + Swabia (MP) + Prussia (MM)
    Subrace
    Nordid-Atlantid and Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Pacific North West
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    AGNOS/Athiest
    Posts
    797
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Sami being of light pigmentation does not necessarily mean they are mixed with our peoples.
    The Great Ghenis Khan himself was noted to be red haired and blue eyed, yet facially Mongoloid.


    It's quite probable that the Uralic and Mongolic races have always been light-haired and light-skinned. Darkening when the Chinese went to the east and intermarried with Australoids/Cappoids. And the Mongols darkening through their expansions into India (see Mughal Empire), the Middle East, the Caucasus and Asia, there were even a couple of expeditions into West Africa.


    From what I've seen on google, the Sami are universally members of the Mongoloid race. They all have Mongoloid facial traits and skull shapes. Even the most blond and best looking of them, all indeed look very Mongolish... Having lived among the Chinese for some time, I have no problem spotting them.
    Last edited by Hauke Haien; Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: off-topic

  2. #132
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 01:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Location
    Mamvcivm
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Posts
    3,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Agrippa had almost brought the tone back to one of sanity and sense, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatest View Post
    The Sami being of light pigmentation does not necessarily mean they are mixed with our peoples.
    Common sense and actual factual knowledge tell us that they are, already, without recourse to 'pigmentation' measurements...
    The Great Ghenis Khan himself was noted to be red haired and blue eyed, yet facially Mongoloid.
    Who noted this? Visiting anthropologists at his court? You're talking drivel.
    And the Mongols darkening through their expansions into India (see Mughal Empire), the Middle East, the Caucasus and Asia,
    They took great care to send all resultant halfbreeds back to Mongolia, of course...
    there were even a couple of expeditions into West Africa.
    No there weren't. (and please try to learn your 'east' and 'west' - it would do wonders for your credibility)


    Look, it can be forgiven if people don't really know much about something, and make hesitant comments about their vague impressions, asking for confirmation from those who are more informed, but when they take themselves seriously and pose as authorities, well...
    Last edited by Hauke Haien; Thursday, May 7th, 2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: removed insubstantial reponses

  3. #133
    Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Location
    Einöde in den Alpen
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    9,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatest View Post
    From what I've seen on google, the Sami are universally members of the Mongoloid race.
    Regardless of the potential truth or falsehood of your claims, let me stress that "Google Image Search" is hardly a reliable source to place your theories upon. Studying anthropological research, and personal experience are much more valid approaches than basing one's views upon Internet Search Engines.

    Either way - whilst all this "Mongoloid blabber" goes on, no one has actively provided evidence or a convincing argument against my "over-borealised East-Baltid" theory, nor has there been any conclusive attempt to establish Mongoloid migration from Mongoloid heartlands through such "friendly, temperate, fertile and welcoming" stretches of land such as f.ex. the Gobi desert or Siberia.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

    (Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

  4. #134
    Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Blod og Jord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Posts
    752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    388
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    To be honest with you,
    I'm not care if they're Europoid borealised or Mongoloid.
    Their appearance is alien to Germanics.
    It's nothing personal or hatred.
    But they aren't Germanic nor Swedish, Norwegian.
    We should live by the saying "to each his own".
    The Sami are not our own. They are neighbours, but
    we shouldn't assimilate them.

  5. #135
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Either way - whilst all this "Mongoloid blabber" goes on, no one has actively provided evidence or a convincing argument against my "over-borealised East-Baltid" theory, ...
    Which in itself lacks supporting evidence. Anyways, we shouldn't even assimilate a group of culturally foreign East-Baltids, why should we?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  6. #136
    Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Agrippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Asgard
    Gender
    Politics
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Which in itself lacks supporting evidence. Anyways, we shouldn't even assimilate a group of culturally foreign East-Baltids, why should we?
    Exactly. You can assimilate a lot of people, at least in limited numbers, even totally foreign ones, since if their numbers are small enough, they will diluted to a degree from which they are no longer recognisable as something foreign over generations.

    As I put it, its all a question of distance x numbers - smaller distance means higher numbers can be assimilated without great losses of the original group character, bigger distance means that only small numbers can be assimilated without changing the character of the group.

    Even then we could add a 3rd category, namely quality.
    distance x numbers / quality standards.

    If you have a peak type Japanese, its still not the same as a lowest level one, since he might still have valuable genes to offer.

    But in all these cases, the primary question should be, is that in our interests, where is our win, where is the advantage for mankind?

    Now even the Sami themselves, especially the less mixed and more ethno-conscious people so to say, want to keep up their traditions and own kind of people, therefore where should be the win for us to mix with them?

    I dont know any. We surely have a wide variation of phenotypes already, ALL European basic forms appear to different degrees in different Germanic people, but whats the point about further genflow is whether we want to strengthen a certain element in the population or not and whether or not this is advantageous to the our nations, Europeans and mankind.

    Again, I dont see the advantage. So its rather a "huh, it happened, probably we can live with it now, its ok since the distance is not that great, but we should be more careful in the future if we want to preserve our unique position and own base..."
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

  7. #137
    Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Location
    Einöde in den Alpen
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    9,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Which in itself lacks supporting evidence. Anyways, we shouldn't even assimilate a group of culturally foreign East-Baltids, why should we?
    Had you untertaken the trouble to recall and revisit the theories I posed in this post a mere two pages back instead of haphazardly spouting up that floskel, then you would have noticed that I ended my assessment with a statement to that very effect anyhow.

    [...]

    However, this does not mean that they are readily assimilable - Lapps are quite frankly not Germanics, so it does not matter whether the Saami in question is Hallstatt-Nordid or Lappid ... assimilability could at best be decided on a case-to-case basis, but never for an entire population group which is not Germanic.
    Happy?

    Since I have long establish the truth of that, can you move on to the other theories, since your point of critique was outlined by myself anyway?

    As regards my own "evidence" - I have already stated that infantilisation patterns of Cro-Magnid sub-races seem to be not dissimilar, and that thus an East-Baltid genesis of Lappoids is at least not unlikely.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

    (Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

  8. #138
    Senior Member saxonblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 2nd, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    Cheshire
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Posts
    30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would personally see no need to assimilate the Sami. I agree with previous posters who advocated a policy of limited interaction and 'let them be'.

    They are a distinct ethnic group despite having lived in europe for thousands of years. I have no malice towards them and actually have a respect for such a people who choose to keep their cultural traditions, while not infringing on the larger germanic populous.

    They are an interesting people and from an anthropological perspective they are fascinating. But I say just leave them alone and treat them with the respect with which they have shown us - ample.

  9. #139
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 24th, 2011 @ 09:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Oslo Oslo
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Realist
    Posts
    58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Sami are a great people and I think they should be allowed to preserve their own cultural and ethnic identity, the Sami are a part of Scandinavia.

  10. #140
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    OneWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Location
    Tulsa,Oklahoma
    Gender
    Age
    42
    Posts
    773
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Race is a touchy subject.The question you have to ask yourself is
    "Are the Samis hurting you".I think they are an interesting people and more related to Europe then what is accepted.As we learned in the 1940s,trying to seperate people based on race often leads to disasterous results.

Similar Threads

  1. What Do You Think of MENSA and Other High-IQ Societies?
    By Northern Paladin in forum Strategic Intelligence
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Sunday, July 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM
  2. Matriarchal Societies in Pre-Celtic Europe
    By Moody in forum Cultural & Linguistic Anthropology
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 03:02 AM
  3. Mystery Schools and Secret Societies in the Ancient Germanic World?
    By Thulean in forum Indo-Germanic Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM
  4. How Societies Commit Suicide
    By Agrippa in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Saturday, August 18th, 2007, 12:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •