View Poll Results: Are the Sami assimilable to Germanic societies?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 21.08%
  • No

126 61.76%
  • Not sure...

35 17.16%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Are the Sami Assimilable to Germanic Societies?

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauke Haien View Post
    I do not think their assimilation is desirable. If they were really "a part of us" already, we would not be talking about assimilation instead of expulsion or disentanglement.
    I generally agree that assimilation is undesirable, and cultural disentanglement would be a good option for that.

Expulsion however I do not consider a good idea. The Sami live in their traditional areas in the north of the Scandinavian peninsula, and have traditionally been content to be "a case apart" and never bothered to mass-infest into these societies.

If anything, then a more ethnically clear-cut idea would be if Sweden, Norway and Finland all ceded some of their northern territory to the Sami, where they can practice self-determination and would definitely not be a bother to Germanics.

Those who argue that the Sami be expelled from their traditional home grounds are following the same rationale which justified German expulsion from Silesia, Pomerania and Prussia in post-WWII-Poland. The same rationale which justified the Yugoslav superstate. The same mindset and rationale by Russians bemourning that Balts lived in "their" Soviet Union after forcefully annexing them.

No one likes to cede territory to another group, but if it is to maintain ethnical homogeneity, then it would be the wiser route to take than to expel an ethnic group from their natural habitat.

And with Sami, any ethnicity issues are more readily solved by their secession. Unlike with more "conventional" foreign elements, that would by and at large, solve the problem.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Friday, July 10th, 2009 @ 09:18 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Yngling/Scylfing
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Oppland Oppland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    National Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    @Jäger

You are not even able to make distinction between aliens and indigenous people.
    Last edited by Hauke Haien; Monday, April 27th, 2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: ad hominem

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkebeinr View Post
    You are not even able to make distinction between aliens and indigenous people.

So you say that negative indigenous elements should be spared, simply because they are indigenous? That would put us to the realm of extinction, after all, our own traitors need to be dealt with, if we want to achieve success.
    Last edited by Hauke Haien; Monday, April 27th, 2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: response to removed content
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Yngling/Scylfing
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Oppland Oppland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    National Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    @Jäger

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post

So you say that negative indigenous elements should be spared, simply because they are indigenous? That would put us to the realm of extinction, after all, our own traitors need to be dealt with, if we want to achieve success.
    Can you tell me what life threatening risk Samis pose to the Germanic Norwegian population. What is the negative elements? Are their faces not agreeable to you? Their culture? which I take it you know a great deal about.

Why is the Sami so important for you to exterminate? Seems to me that you think the future of the Germanic race is dependent of ridding Finnmark and Lappland of Samis.

Please enlighten me herr Jäger! Why should we not spare the Samis?

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    @Jäger

Can you tell me what life threatening risk Samis pose to the Germanic Norwegian population. What is the negative elements? Are their faces not agreeable to you? Their culture? which I take it you know a great deal about.

Why is the Samis so important for you to exterminate? Seems to me that you think the future of the Germanic race is dependent of ridding Finnmark and Lappland of Samis.

Please enlighten me herr Jäger! Why should we not spare the Samis?
    The risk is that the Nordic race will be altered and ultimately taken over by dominant genes. Unfortunately, it seems that Nordics have the weakest, most recessive genes, so there is a clear danger.

I think that ANY people has the right to life and existence, and so do WE. We claim that right. If our continued survival is in direct confict with the interests of others we should think of our own first and foremost.

The problem is how to protect our people when all our countries are flooded by immigrants.

When it comes to looks the Saami cannot be considered attractive. They can give us nothing and can only make our looks deteriorate. However, that is not the main issue.

Preservation of the Nordic race is what matters to us, and how to best achieve it. The Saami cannot assimilate with us since they are far too different. They are an entirely different and very much alien people, in terms of looks, culture and language.

They even have their own flag so I don't think it is far-fetched to assume that they would like a nation of their own, comprising of parts of Northern Scandinavia, Finland and perhaps into Russia. By that they also admit they are foreign. They feel it and we feel it.

We wish to be with our own people, primarily, and not to mix and disappear with others who have stronger genes than we do.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    What is the negative elements?
    First and foremost their inability to create.

Are their faces not agreeable to you?
    That, too. Humans gather most of their information visually, appearance shouldn't be underestimated when it comes to group consciousness.

Their culture?
    Assimilation would destroy their culture anyways.

Why is the Sami so important for you to exterminate?
    I do not seek to "exterminate" them, but to exclude them from our societies and territories.

Seems to me that you think the future of the Germanic race is dependent of ridding Finnmark and Lappland of Samis.
    Certainly, but not only them.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Mixing with Sami sure isn't as racially and ethnically disharmonising as mixing with Negroes, Amerinds or full-fledged Mongoloids, but it's still disharmonising, and definitely not acceptable on a grand scale.

Perhaps higher levels of admixture (such as 1/8 or so instead of 1/64 for non-Whites) are assimilable, but that's how far the tolerance goes. Attempted assimilation/integration of another ethnic group always poses a danger, especially on a grand scale. The disruption is smaller with those of kindred racial and ethnic origin, but the disruption is still there.

Sure there've been the odd historical mixture - an early Icelander went by the nickname of "Kjetil Flat-Nose", which almost certainly indicates Lappid admixture, hinting at Norse-Lappid mixing "running rampant".

But just because something's always existed doesn't mean that it's good or even to be abetted. Rapists and murderers have always existed, but does it mean that we should bestow honours-of-state upon them just because "they've always existed"?
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Yngling/Scylfing
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Oppland Oppland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    National Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be honest this debate is fruitless since I have not seen one commenter that is from a region with a Sami population. I think it is very cheap to have such strong opinions on this minor issue.
    Since I obviously am the odd man out here I'll leave the discussion to you guys.
    Last edited by Hauke Haien; Monday, April 27th, 2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: off-topic

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    To be honest this debate is fruitless since I have not seen one commenter that is from a region with a Sami population.
    Yea, and? As a Tyrolese person, I still wouldn't advocate mixing with Ladin speakers. And that's with them arguably being far more Germanic than the Sami, for their historical cultural approximation and loyalty to German-Tyrolese and clear demarkation from and opposition towards Italians.

I appreciate the Sami and their unique culture and feel that they have their own place, and a right thereto: There a "fascinating oddity" who have for the most part preserved their traditional way of life, and for that I respect them and cherish their existence.

But just because I may appreciate and acknowledge them, doesn't mean that I should advocate mixing with them. They're clearly not my kin, nor even from a group closely related to Germanics, so I clearly won't open my family door for them.

I think it's sad if people let their stubborn love of another country or ethnic group (mis-)guide them in their choice of who is assimilable into their society or not. You can respect another culture without having to dilute ethnic boundaries, you know?

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Today most Sami people are mixed already, but the real point from a biological perspective is, that if there would be similar sized immigration of other European people into a Germanic population, practically the result, the deviation from the Germanic standard would be lower in all of them in comparison to the Lappid core group, because the Lappid core group is further away from Germanics than are other Europeans.

One shouldnt confuse geographic proximity with racial and genetic relations, since they obviously must'nt be the same.

On the other hand they are a rather harmless group, small in numbers, and their mixed variants are still largely inside of the common European spectrum.

So nothing good will come out for the Germanic standard by mixing with them, but the damage will be, as with other Europeans, rather limited biologically so to say, as long as the complete structure of the group being healthy and not undermined by masses of individuals which has to be assimilated and will come that way in the Germanic genpool.

There is, however, no justification whatsoever to prefer Lapps before other European people from a racial standpoint, even on the contrary...
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!