View Poll Results: Are the Sami assimilable to Germanic societies?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    43 21.08%
  • No

    126 61.76%
  • Not sure...

    35 17.16%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 166

Thread: Are the Sami Assimilable to Germanic Societies?

  1. #111
    Member Birkebeinr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Friday, July 10th, 2009 @ 09:18 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Yngling/Scylfing
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Oppland Oppland
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    National Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    @Jäger

    No, I am not confusing cause and effect. The shift of paradigm which I am talking about had not much to do about the then policies towards minorities. Nobody back then cared too much anyways. It was the hippies and the politics of the 68 generation that changed the west ad mass. From the late sixties politics in the west generally changed towards an open door attitude for third worlders.

    My point here was that these old minorities had to withstand a lot of hardships and became nationalised a tough way. But today immigrants and asylumseekers are encouraged to stick with their own backwards ways of living. Which ironically enough is what they are fleeing from in the first place.

    The conclusion is that the old minorities now are on the right side i.e national patriots while the marxist elites are wholesale importing a new proletariat of aliens with a negative attitude towards our culture.

    By the way herr Jäger. Your first comment was under the belt. You do not seriously mean that killing of Sami, Taters and Finns is the way to go do you? When I talk about paying the dues, I mean these people did it because they had no choice, they did live through persecutions and came through it with their pride intact. They deserve our respect for that.

    But you think less of non Germanic indigenous northern people am I right?
    Last edited by Birkebeinr; Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: correct anglo-saxon semantics

  2. #112
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkebeinr View Post
    My point here was that these old minorities had to withstand a lot of hardships and became nationalised a tough way.
    Ah, I got you wrong then, you wanted to say they came from one misfortune to another, didn't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Birkebeinr View Post
    The conclusion is that the old minorities now are on the right side i.e national patriots while the marxist elites are wholesale importing a new proletariat of aliens with a negative attitude towards our culture.
    If the Sami are of use to us, we may work with them together, however their assimilation is not a price to be paid, it would be quite paradox actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Birkebeinr View Post
    You do not seriously mean that killing of Sami, Taters and Finns is the way to go do you?
    I mean the removal of those people from our society, e.g. through sterilization, deportation, or any other means deemed necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Birkebeinr View Post
    When I talk about paying the dues, i mean these people did it because they had no choice, they did live through persecutions and came through it with their pride in behold. They deserve our respect for that.
    Very well, we surely can respect them for that, however, this doesn't make the problem go away, nor should it lessen out determination for a solution to this problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Birkebeinr View Post
    But you think less of non Germanic indigenous northern people am I right?
    Yes, you may name a Sami equally important to Nordic culture as Gustaf Adolf, Carl Larsson or Carl Linnaeus, etc.
    Maybe then I reconsider.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  3. #113
    Senior Member Hrodnand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 @ 07:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Project management consultant
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    1,162
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I would be curious, could there someone give a good reason, what would be the benefits for us, Germanics, to assimilate with an ethnic and cultural minority that is different than ours?
    :Überschöpfung:



  4. #114
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian-German
    Ancestry
    Viennese
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Vienna Vienna
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Posts
    349
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrodnand View Post
    I would be curious, could there someone give a good reason, what would be the benefits for us, Germanics, to assimilate with an ethnic and cultural minority that is different than ours?
    Exactly, and then they say they care about the preservation of ALL cultures, which is paradoxical. How can one claim to support preservation, and at the same time not mind assimilation of other ethnic groups? If there are any racists and haters here, if there is anyone disrespectful towards a folk, it's not us who reject the assimilation of Sami, but those who support it. Assimilation dilutes, and ultimately destroys a culture. If this tiny minority gets assimilated by the Germanics in Scandinavia, in a few decades there will be no more Sami.
    THINK! It's not illegal yet.

  5. #115
    Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Location
    Einöde in den Alpen
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    9,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    East-Baltids are called East-Baltids because they are related to the other Baltid subraces. West Baltids f.ex. can sometimes be mistaken for Faelids by the unschooled eye. Alpinised Brünnids are also oft mis-classified as Baltids.

    East-Baltids are IMO the result of the same climate/environment adaption that Alpinids will have undergone. The Borreby/Alpinid continuum becomes evident in Central and Southern German, where there seems to be a progressing line between these two types, suggesting that Central European Alpinids are borealised/infantilised Borrebies.

    The same will have happened with Baltids when they became East-Baltids. I would also apply that to Lappids (or as some say, Lapponoids), quite frankly I believe them to be derived from East-Baltids but altered by even further borealisation. We often see quasi-epicanthi in borealised specimens of Cro-Magnid description, a phenomenon which Agrippa called Schlupflider.

    What is the difference? Borealisation/Alpinisation/Infantilisation is a natural adaptation, a process which a racial/sub-racial group can undergo. As such, that would been Lappids were derived naturally from a fully Europid group but were infantilised to the point that they look a little offish.

    And having observed a progression of borealisation/alpinisation in other population groups, especially when approaching climates/environments not dissimilar from that inhabited by the Lapps, I believe that they are not a result of Mongoloid/Europid intermixture, or even Mongoloid migration, but instead derived from a fully Europid source.

    However, this does not mean that they are readily assimilable - Lapps are quite frankly not Germanics, so it does not matter whether the Saami in question is Hallstatt-Nordid or Lappid ... assimilability could at best be decided on a case-to-case basis, but never for an entire population group which is not Germanic.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

    (Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

  6. #116
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 01:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Location
    Mamvcivm
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Posts
    3,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    What is the difference? Borealisation/Alpinisation/Infantilisation is a natural adaptation, a process which a racial/sub-racial group can undergo. As such, that would been Lappids were derived naturally from a fully Europid group but were infantilised to the point that they look a little offish.
    Good word!
    And having observed a progression of borealisation/alpinisation in other population groups, especially when approaching climates/environments not dissimilar from that inhabited by the Lapps, I believe that they are not a result of Mongoloid/Europid intermixture, or even Mongoloid migration, but instead derived from a fully Europid source.
    That's exactly how I explain 'offishness' in the vast majority of Eastern Europeans.

    However, the genetic data so far tend to confirm a partial eastern influence, as well as the general European blood. The Y chrom data shows a huge amount of N haplogroup, found in Siberia. The mito stuff shows traces of M and U, common in Eastern Asia.
    However, this does not mean that they are readily assimilable - Lapps are quite frankly not Germanics, so it does not matter whether the Saami in question is Hallstatt-Nordid or Lappid ... assimilability could at best be decided on a case-to-case basis, but never for an entire population group which is not Germanic.
    I never advocated assimilating them en masse, but my post was moved into this thread because of the Lapp matter. My main point in the present discussion, that started the fanatics all foaming at the mouth, was that 'taint' was not a word to use of such an intimate neighbour of the Germanosphere as the Lapps. That was all.

  7. #117
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nachtengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    5,914
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    770
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkebeinr View Post
    I disagree strongly with some posters here. Now, I got several friends who are Sami.
    And that obviously influences you for the subjective.

    These people paid their dues through the centuries - discrimination and eugenics up till the sixties - for what?
    So that we can preserve our race, and they theirs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    I never advocated assimilating them en masse, but my post was moved into this thread because of the Lapp matter. My main point in the present discussion, that started the fanatics all foaming at the mouth, was that 'taint' was not a word to use of such an intimate neighbour of the Germanosphere as the Lapps. That was all.
    You have advocated their assimilation:

    Lapps have been with us since forever, they're a part of us.
    Unnatural rigid barriers are always brittle. More flexibility is needed, for durability's sake. A degree of 'leaching' into neighbouring groups is not fatal, as it has always happened.
    And you voted yes, they should be assimilated. Your earlier post in this thread:

    I voted yes, because it's largely a fait accompli. It's been happening for millenia, with no adverse effect on the North Germanic peoples.
    As others have noted; your argument is the same argument of multiculturalists who support interracial relationships. They have always happened, a degree of race mixing is not going to hurt us, blah blah blah. It's there and has always happened is no true argument, just a pretext to excuse perversities.

  8. #118
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 01:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Location
    Mamvcivm
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Posts
    3,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    And that obviously influences you for the subjective.
    As opposed to your wonderful ice-cold objectivism?

    Birkebeinr actually proves that Nordic folk with an interest in our forum's mission CAN and DO make friends with Lapps.
    You have advocated their assimilation:
    I worry about you, you know Toddy, that you'd waste a few minutes out of your life to trawl through my posts like that!
    And you voted yes, they should be assimilated. Your earlier post in this thread:
    There's a difference between can and should, dearie. Honestly, they're not too far from KANN and SOLL...

    Gods only know what question I voted about - the mods have stuck a hundred and one separate threads and parts of threads together here! Impossible to keep track of it all. As it stands, the thread has a poll with a rather stupid question in it.

    And, I HAVEN'T VOTED in it! It's a public poll, you can easily check.

    A lot of threads have this at the moment actually - people should remember to include options like 'Other', or 'this is an idiotic question'.
    And what the Hell is this thread doing in 'Immigration'?!?!? Lapps have lived where they do forever!
    As others have noted; your argument is the same argument of multiculturalists who support interracial relationships. They have always happened, a degree of race mixing is not going to hurt us, blah blah blah. It's there and has always happened is no true argument, just a pretext to excuse perversities.
    To say X about Y is one thing. To say X about G is another.
    To conclude from the demonstrable idiocy of X+G that X itself is intrinsically stupid, is, well pretty thick. And that's what you're doing here.

    Mixing with our nearest ancient neighbours is not race-mixing. Mixing with anthropological types from the other side of the world is.

    If you can't understand that, Gods help you.

  9. #119
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nachtengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    5,914
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    770
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    As opposed to your wonderful ice-cold objectivism?
    Precisely.

    Birkebeinr actually proves that Nordic folk with an interest in our forum's mission CAN and DO make friends with Lapps.
    And where did I say that making friends with them is impossible? I said that having a Sami friend influences his outlook.

    He and others here don't seem to understand that rejecting interbreeding with them (or having our blood "tainted", if you prefer the racist version ) does not mean hating them, wanting genocide and the like. Geez, some people here act exactly like the anti-racists who think the only way you can prove you don't have Negroes is by receiving them in your home, making friends with them and bedding them.

    Gods only know what question I voted about - the mods have stuck a hundred and one separate threads and parts of threads together here! Impossible to keep track of it all. As it stands, the thread has a poll with a rather stupid question in it. A lot of threads have this at the moment actually - people should remember to include options like 'Other', or 'this is an idiotic question'.
    Poll question:
    Are the Sami assimilable to Germanic societies?
    Zyklop's explanation of this question:
    The question is not if you have problems with them but if you consider them assimilable in regards to culture, race and spirituality.
    Your vote:
    I voted yes, because it's largely a fait accompli. It's been happening for millenia, with no adverse effect on the North Germanic peoples.
    These posts are from 2006. Now unless I'm mistaken, the threads were merged only recently.

    Furthermore, from another thread, called "Are Sami White/Europid?"
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=58921

    Your post includes:
    Is it somehow wrong or damaging that they should interbreed on a low level with their immediate neighbours? No, because they've been doing that for millenia with no harm.
    Am I missing anything here? Am I mistaken? Ok, let's make it clear once and for all what your stance is, so that I don't misunderstand you or have any doubts:

    Is it ok for an Europid Swede or Norwegian to mix with these people:



    Yes/no? Thanks.

    And what the Hell is this thread doing in 'Immigration'?!?!? Lapps have lived where they do forever!
    No idea, why are you asking me?

    To say X about Y is one thing. To say X about G is another.
    To conclude from the demonstrable idiocy of X+G that X itself is intrinsically stupid, is, well pretty thick. And that's what you're doing here.

    Mixing with our nearest ancient neighbours is not race-mixing. Mixing with anthropological types from the other side of the world is.

    If you can't understand that, Gods help you.
    "Our nearest neighbour" does not mean we are the same racial type. Otherwise as I said, we'd also mix with mulattoes and mestizos from other buffer zone. The Sami are clearly a mixed race people, Europoid + Mongoloid.
    See Agrippa's thread, "Lappids and Racial Variation in Modern Sami People":
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=63204

    If you can't understand that, then you might have to start praying to those "Gods".

  10. #120
    Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Hauke Haien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 09:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Location
    Land der Deutschen
    Gender
    Posts
    1,841
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I do not think their assimilation is desirable. If they were really "a part of us" already, we would not be talking about assimilation instead of expulsion or disentanglement.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Do You Think of MENSA and Other High-IQ Societies?
    By Northern Paladin in forum Strategic Intelligence
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Sunday, July 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM
  2. Matriarchal Societies in Pre-Celtic Europe
    By Moody in forum Cultural & Linguistic Anthropology
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Sunday, January 16th, 2011, 03:02 AM
  3. Mystery Schools and Secret Societies in the Ancient Germanic World?
    By Thulean in forum Indo-Germanic Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM
  4. How Societies Commit Suicide
    By Agrippa in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Saturday, August 18th, 2007, 12:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •