Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do Black Americans have a higher Self-Esteem than White Americans?

Renewed
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why do Black Americans have a higher Self-Esteem than White Americans?

I have a question that I want everyone to think about.

Numerous studies in America have found Black Americans to have a higher self-esteem than White Americans. Researchers have difficulty explaining why this is. This finding has been known for several decades; however, I'm not sure when the earliest study on this occurred. (I've never looked it up)

Why do you think Black Americans have a higher self-esteem than White Americans?
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Cnooc

Re: Self Esteem

Perhaps due to their supposed greater perfidious and emotional nature, they have a much greater amplitude of "ups and downs," and in their "up" emotional state they have a much greater feeling of self-worth than what it really merits. whereas other races tend to be more realistic and less varying in outlook. i think having a realistic and longterm perception of oneself tend to dumb down one's self esteem and "taking on the entire world" attitude.

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Why do you think Black Americans have a higher self-esteem than White Americans?
    They are less intelligent; thus they do not engage in introspection as much "White Americans" do.

Last Online
    Monday, March 5th, 2007 @ 12:17 PM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has much to do with how these slaves were bred. They are very healthy, athletic, and have great physical size, all things that would be conducive to a confident self image. They are generally incapable of critical thinking even towards themselves, and as they say, ignorance is bliss.
    Last edited by Ahren_; Monday, January 23rd, 2006 at 07:51 AM.

"Du bist das Bild, das ich in mir barg..."
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 @ 11:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
    They are less intelligent; thus they do not engage in introspection as much "White Americans" do.
    Agreed. Introspection and intelligence lead inevitably to healthy (and unhealthy) self-doubt in the face of a bewildering and impassive universe.

But also... "whites" in America have been beaten up by the law and the media for almost two generations, and their rights as citizens have been systematically scaled back in favor of blacks and other minorities. No wonder "whites" are so full of self-doubt and self-hatred - it's what they learned in school, by watching TV, and by seeing the less qualified promoted ahead of them simply because of race.

Renewed
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CNOOC
    Perhaps due to their supposed greater perfidious and emotional nature, they have a much greater amplitude of "ups and downs," and in their "up" emotional state they have a much greater feeling of self-worth than what it really merits. whereas other races tend to be more realistic and less varying in outlook. i think having a realistic and longterm perception of oneself tend to dumb down one's self esteem and "taking on the entire world" attitude.
    BTW, CNOOC, I'll tell you something interesting about asians. One study I read found that Asians (in their countries of origin) have a higher self-esteem then Whites; but another study found that Asian-Americans have a lower self-esteem than Whites.
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Cnooc

^perhaps immigrants, yes. but definately not among the second generation

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 11:53 PM
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid? + East-Baltid?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    Historical Costumer
    Politics
    NS leanings
    Religion
    Folkish Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Besides the many good points already made there is a definite tendency here to make sure those who are lesser in some way feel good about themselves. So the stupid, the ugly, and the rude get reassured constantly that they are lovable worth wile people while the naturally good looking and intelligent are left to their own with the assumption that they have no problems. If you are ugly everyone says says it doesn't matter what you look like but if you are pretty they leave that part out and you may start to wonder if you have any worth beyond that and what would happen if you became ugly. It becomes the only worthwhile thing about you and you dwell on other things that may not be so "perfect". (I can't recall seeing a picture of a anerexic/bulimic girl who is not at least fairly pretty when at healthy weight.) When someone is not capable of acting/ thinking/looking well they are given lots of leeway but those who are naturally more capable are often judged more harshly and criticized for things that the others are not. This plays out even within a race but it is a strong factor when there are racial differences as well. Who's the real racists after all?;-)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy

I think their self-esteem is enhanced by the modern day "reverse discrimination" climate that is prominent in most States. Just a wild guess, though.

a.k.a. Slå ring om Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Arkansas Arkansas
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The white mans intellect is not always the best tool for any purpose. Overdeveloped intellects are also an obstacle to many when it comes to love.

The negroes do not complicate the process by claiming things should be real, and does not back off to claim to be world champs in all disciplines, skills, and arts, all at once.

In short text, whites claim their selfesteem to be "real" to a higher degree, than negroes, that are not so serious about such, and generally presents "fake" as "real". Therefore blacks are sometimes referered to as "spooks", they are not "real".

The exemplar that Boobbles keep in a goldchain is a good example...
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/13/jackson.trial/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast