Country
    Estonia Estonia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Druidism: Ultra Pict faith

Druidism: Ultra Pict faith

Druidism. I was raised a Druid. My Family taught me the Druid ways going back 12 generations to Scotland.

There are many types of Druids and Druid teachings. There has not been a published canon of Druidic teachings since we had to go undergorund with the Judeo-Roman invasion of 80 AD in the Islands.

Druids were hunted down and killed by St. Patrick, men women and little children. Our Druid teachings were stolen and incorporated into the Trinity of the Christian Church in Ireland.

We have survived, amongst the most educated classes all this time. Many thought we were just atheists or agnostics, but we were Druids.

I welcome all Druids to share in discovering their North European genetic lineage. One word of note: In my Druid studies I have found that Druidism stopped at the Rhine and the Pyrenees Mountains. I have found many French/Gaul Druids, but not a single Germanic Druid. I attribute this to the natural barrier of the Rhine river. I definitely do not seek to convert any Germanics or other European genetic people to Druidism, in fact we are extremely exclusive, we very likely would not allow anybody to share in our Druidic teachings unless they had proven I Haplotype genes and had no Med or Iberian blood in them.

Again, Druidism is for Druids and our Genetics over here on the Islands (some French welcomed, but we think the Gaul Druids are their own special branch).

Spiritual Belief System

1. A Higher Power created us, Pict and Scots and Welsh vary in detailing this Power. For the Picts it is Morrigan, the Godess of War. For the Scots it is Brigid, the Godess of Creation. For the Welsh it is Dis, the Creator (this Dis comes over from the Gaul/French Druids who call it "Dis").

2. Eternal life, we have physical bodies so that Morrigan (I'm a Pict) can communicate and develop her creation.

3. Ancestors. Ancestors are our direct personages we worship Morrigan through. Ancestors hear us and we hear them. We talk to them. They are watching us.

Moral Rules of the Pict Druid System

1. Marry for Life.

2. Marry for Children.

3. Kindness is Intelligence.

4. Intelligence is gained through Discipline, Concentration, 8-20 years of Study for both Men and Women.

5. Fight for what is Right.

6. Adultery, fornication with a person outside of Marriage if you are Married, or fornication with a Married person if you are unmarried. is punishable by banishment or death if there are Children in the family.

7. Death penalty for crimes of Rape, Murder, Unjust Imprisonment.

8. Stealing and Cheating is forbidden, punished by prison and then Exile.

9. Abortion only if the fetus is of another race, rape or harm to Mother. Mother's choice. Druidism is a Matriarchal society.

10. Pray to the Druid Gods 3 times a day. Three is the sacred Triskele which keeps the Druid world in balance.

Addendum: Druids were a Matriarchial society. Why? Because so many of the Men would fight to the Death protecting their Peoples, that the Women would be left to raise the Children and run the society. The point being the Men fought so hard and to the Death that an actual society survived. Men sacrificed themselves in battle to guard the borders of a Druid culture and in the process killing off all the enemy or at least such a huge amount that no enemy dared to invade, such is the case of the land of the Pict and Scots. But what that left is a living society, but one dominated by strong Women, who honored the Husbands that fought to the Death for their families. This is the Sacred Druid way.

Meaning of these Druid Teachings.

Practice these teachings, live these teachings, but only if your ancestors can be traced back to the Druids by genetics. We are not a prosletyzing religon, we seek no power over others, we are a Spiritual Force and we once ruled from Ireland to the Rhine. We are destined to rule that and more, again.

We believe we are the most Ancient of Celtic religions. The most ancient of Gael religons. For this reason we call ourselves....Ultra Celts as well as Druids. 2005 years of persecution and we are coming back.

We Druids see ourselves as Kin to the Germanic religions and many of us have genetics from the Continent mixed in with our I Haplotype ancient genes.

Credo: "Treat people as they treat you, not as you would like them to treat you, but as they do. Justice is the Key to Life."

Ultra Druids
    Last edited by Haplotype I; Friday, December 9th, 2005 at 07:07 PM.

Last Online
    Monday, December 25th, 2006 @ 12:52 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Politics
    Preservation and revival
    Religion
    Animist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Druidism: Ultra Pict faith

Thanks for that interesting introduction to Druidism.
    Can you please elaborate more on the continuity of Druidism, particularly in your family?
    You say it goes back 12 generations to Scotland. Do you know what part of Scotland? I would probably guess the Grampians and North East Scotland if you say you are a Pict.

I cant argue against the 3 points of your Spiritual Belief System as i agree with them except that i would say points 1 and 2 would also inlcude all living animate and inanimate things.

The moral rules are quite interesting to say the least. How did that come about? What evidence is there that the ancient Druids followed that code?

Finally you seem to use Gaels, Scots, Celts and Picts interchangeably. The Celts in most of Britain were predominantly Brythonic Celts like the Welsh, the Gaels/Scots were originally an Irish tribe and the Picts were most likely a mixed society of Brythons and a pre IE people.
    You state that Druidic society was matriarchal. As far as i know only the Picts were Matriarchal.

It would be really appreciated im sure not only by myself if you could tell us more anent the Druidic ways.
    A! Fredome is a noble thing
    Fredome mays man to haiff liking.
    Fredome all solace to man giffis,
    He levys at es that frely levys.
    A noble hart may haiff nane es
    Na ellys nocht that may him ples
    Gyff fredome failyhe, for fre liking
    Is yharnyt our all other thing.
    Na he that ay has levyt fre
    May nocht knaw weill the propyrte
    The angyr na the wrechyt dome
    That is couplyt to foule thyrldome,
    Bot gyff he had assayit it.
    Than all perquer he suld it wyt,
    And suld think fredome mar to prys
    Than all the gold in warld that is.
    Thus contrar thingis evermar
    Discoveryngis off the tother ar,

Scots is our mither tung; an gin we dinna hain it,
    thare naebody gaun tae hain it for us.

Scots is our mother tongue; and if we do not preserve it,
    nobody will preserve it for us.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sorry, but this is just another autogenic revisionism. Again, the Druids were not a religion - but a 'caste'. The Druids were mostly wiped out by the Roman pagans, and the remnants converted into Christianity: the British local church of the Catholic Faith being the continuation of 'Druidism' since the time of Bran the Archdruids conversion, and of the conversion three Druid Flamens at Caerleon, Eboracum, and Londinium.

Go ahead and make a religion: but don't fake it by claiming a history that isn't there.

"the Judeo-Roman invasion of 80 AD in the Islands." - a non-existent event.

"Druids were hunted down and killed by St. Patrick" - never happened. Druid/Christian conflict never happened. A few late Irish texts invented the idea of St. Patrick having any 'showdowns' with Druids: but since the texts are lifted entirely from the Old Testament stories of St. Elijah, we know them to be allegorical rather than factual stories.

"Our Druid teachings were stolen and incorporated into the Trinity of the Christian Church in Ireland." - never happened. The Trinity is Paleo-Christian - and not having its origin in Ireland, but is consistent across all of the Oecumene.

"I attribute this to the natural barrier of the Rhine river." The Rhine is not now, nor has ever been a 'barrier' but rather it is the most important highway of Western Europe - no surprise that the earliest Celtic civilizations grew at its headwaters, and first spread down the Rhine (on both sides.)

"proven I Haplotype genes" - Which has what to do with Druids???

" For the Picts it is Morrigan, the Godess of War. For the Scots it is Brigid, the Godess of Creation. For the Welsh it is Dis, the Creator (this Dis comes over from the Gaul/French Druids who call it "Dis")." - This is quite an oversimplification of what we do know about pre-Christian religion in Celtic societies... nevermind the ethnology is a baffling mix of modern Nationalism and neo-ethnic revivalism?

"Addendum: Druids were a Matriarchial society." - Again, never happened. Not only because the Druids were never a 'society', but because the idea of Matriarchy amongst Picts or Celts is an ahistorical mythology (the oldest records only claim a matrilineal basis for the kingship of the Picts based upon an agreement with Irish tribes, not on a legal or societal basis.)

" 2005 years of persecution and we are coming back." - the only people that ever 'persecuted' a 'Druid' or their ancestors were pagan Romans and pagan Vikings (see a pattern?)

"our I Haplotype ancient genes." - again, this confusion of the lower Balkan-origin I Haplotype - when Celtic Y-STR would more typically be R1b.

"Credo: "Treat people as they treat you, not as you would like them to treat you, but as they do. Justice is the Key to Life." - not the actual Druidic Credo, "Truth Against The World" ? That's the one I learned at my Da's knee. Really, your doing yourself no good with this fiction. Consider following a religion that's already established (something like the Traditionalist's criteria) - or if you're going to make one up, don't fictionalize a 'Victim Culture' faux history.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    There is nothing the matter with Americans except their ideals. The real American is all right; it is the ideal American who is all wrong. ~G.K. Chesterton

Last Online
    Saturday, March 11th, 2006 @ 08:13 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Estonia Estonia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Sorry, but this is just another autogenic revisionism. Again, the Druids were not a religion - but a 'caste'." - Wrong. Druids believed in Druidism.

Druids had a Preist and Preistess class
    Druids had an Artistic class e.g. Bards
    Druids had Political class e.g. Leaders
    Druids had Warrior classes e.g. Generals such as Bodiccea.
    Druids achieved these through study of the natural sciences and arts.

Druids combined all their study with Religous beliefs of the Gods.

Druids believed in many Spiritual Gods such as Morrigan, Dis, Rhiannon, Brigid and many, many more. Druids were an intellectual class as well. They combined art, science and religion. Much as Bach or Jung would combine religious faith with works.

"The Druids were mostly wiped out by the Roman pagans, and the remnants converted into Christianity" -

No. Faith is only extant if the people willingly choose it. You can't pass a law, such as what Christianity did and force people on the Sabbath to be in Church, it's not real, and you can't say they were "Christians" if it was by law and legal force, which is was. A person is only willingly a member of any religion. What you are saying is as foolish as saying the Russians were all Communists, or that there were no Christians or Pagans in Russia under Communism, there were. You are speaking like a true Communist. What you have to realize is that Religion is between the individual and the Spirits. You seem to think it has to do with the sword. Only the military has to do with the sword.

"Go ahead and make a religion: but don't fake it by claiming a history that isn't there." -

You are incorrect. Dio Cassius, the Roman historian, described Bodiccea as a Druidess. So you are not portraying history, but are making up your little world, and with lies, attempting to attack a fellow Northern White. You are either lying, ignorant, self-hating, belligerent, drunk, or all four.

"the Judeo-Roman invasion of 80 AD in the Islands." - a non-existent event." -

Again you betray your anger of White people. Read Tacitus, Roman historian. Read when the Jew Saul infiltrated Rome, it was during the Roman occupation of lower Britain which started for all intents and purposes in 80 AD. So under the influence of Pope Saul in 250 AD, Rome had come under Jewish control in effect.

I'll address your other comments this evening. You should learn that Whites do not attack Whites. Since you have. I will provide you with the education you seek.

To those who are reading this it's probably a good idea to realize that a religion is only true when the people willingly attend and worship. If they are forced or required by law, as in the case of the American Sabbath laws, then it's a good chance those people are not really Christians, any more than they are really Communists.

Druids and Druidism has always survived and existed, Christianity and the Jews tried to oppress it, but like Communism, it was just oppression and oppression is not Faith or Religion.

What really interests me is that I don't go around attacking other white people's indigenous religions and saying they don't exist. Faith and Religion can't be forced on people, and you can't destroy it either...that is what is so funny when people come to try to destroy the original White Northern faiths, they are proven wrong by history and logic, which really upsets them. Denying power to people who don't want to work, upsets them.

We Druids have been attacked by Christians and Communists for the last 2,000 years and quite frankly, we are fed up with it.

You've provided more than enough fodder for my response. I will address the other claims you have made later this evening.
    Last edited by Haplotype I; Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 11:22 PM.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Estonia Estonia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frontiersman
    Again, never happened. Not only because the Druids were never a 'society',.
    Druids were never a society? You've got to be joking. Other civilizations back to the Greeks even recognized them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontiersman
    Consider following a religion that's already established....Traditionalist's
    Druidism predates Christianity if that's what you are talking about. The Greeks were writing documents about the Druids and their Gods, long before any Christian document.

I'm still not finished with you. First thing I did was copy and document everything you said. Now I can reply to what you said this evening.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haplotype I
    Wrong. Druids believed in Druidism.
    No - 'isms' are modernist things. There was no 'Druidism' but a collection of local folkish practices.

No. Faith is only extant if the people willingly choose it. You can't pass a law, such as what Christianity did and force people on the Sabbath to be in Church, it's not real, and you can't say they were "Christians" if it was by law and legal force, which is was.... You are speaking like a true Communist. What you have to realize is that Religion is between the individual and the Spirits. You seem to think it has to do with the sword. Only the military has to do with the sword.
    Rubbish - dropping to the level of ad hominems because I've gone to the heart of the matter? The people (and especially the Druid caste - *my* caste) chose Christianity willingly. There was never any 'force' in the case of religion in Britain and Ireland until the Reformation. The idea of the 'sword' and Christianity is a far later idea (say, Bernard of Clairvaux and the Crusades?) Again - don't coopt *my* heritage and history for something feigned.

You are incorrect. Dio Cassius, the Roman historian, described Bodiccea as a Druidess. So you are not portraying history, but are making up your little world, and with lies, attempting to attack a fellow Northern White. You are either lying, ignorant, self-hating, belligerent, drunk, or all four."
    Or none of the above - I am indignant that my heritage is being misappropriated here (particularly by someone of 'Haplotype I' - which has nothing to do with Celtic, especially Druidic, ancestry.) Dio Cassius' claims about Boadicea have nothing to do with the credibility of your little construct: he isn't evidence for or against your claims (he is, however, Roman propaganda.)

Quote Originally Posted by Haplogroup I
    Again you betray your anger of White people. Read Tacitus, Roman historian. Read when the Jew Saul infiltrated Rome, it was during the Roman occupation of lower Britain which started for all intents and purposes in 80 AD. So under the influence of Pope Saul in 250 AD, Rome had come under Jewish control in effect.
    I've studied Tacitus for years - his writings don't bolster your claims. I am rightly P.O.ed at your demonization (anger of White people? really? My anger *is* the anger of my White People against those who steal/pervert our own!) Your history is all screwed up: first off, there was never a 'Pope Saul' (250 AD would be Pope Fabian, a Roman, 80 AD would be St. Anacletus, a Roman. The first Pope after the Apostle Peter - A Hellenic Galilean, would be St. Linus: a Royal Briton.) Roman Britain, in any case, was Pagan officially - with Mithraism having the bulk of 'unofficial' adherents. Christianity only comes into prominence with the Celtic resurgence - under a indigenous Celtic hierarchy (being the Druidic caste inculturated into the Church.)

You should learn that Whites do not attack Whites. Since you have. I will provide you with the education you seek.
    It isn't an 'attack' to begin with: it is a little cold water. Wake up. If your going to do something, do it right.

To those who are reading this it's probably a good idea to realize that a religion is only true when the people willingly attend and worship
    Yet - British Christians have *always* willingly attended and worshipped in Christian churches. The first attempt at force in the Isles was with Cranmer's Established Church (producing the first Dissenting and Recusant movements). Its telling that Cranmer's influence was mitigated at first, then when he did have control, it did not last past Mary and Elizabeth I's reigns. The rest of your case here is false analogies (Communism? 'American Sabbath Laws' - where you raised Adventist?)

Druids and Druidism has always survived and existed, Christianity and the Jews tried to oppress it, but like Communism, it was just oppression and oppression is not Faith or Religion.

What really interests me is that I don't go around attacking other white people's indigenous religions and saying they don't exist. Faith and Religion can't be forced on people, and you can't destroy it either...that is what is so funny when people come to try to destroy the original White Northern faiths, they are proven wrong by history and logic, which really upsets them. Denying power to people who don't want to work, upsets them.

We Druids have been attacked by Christians and Communists for the last 2,000 years and quite frankly, we are fed up with it.
    BS - Communists have never 'attacked Druids'. (What, Russian Druids? Cuban Druids? Maybe Chinese Druids?) WE Druids have been the Christians for the past 2000 years.

You've provided more than enough fodder for my response.
    No - not fodder, some 'reality': yes. Keep it up, I'll keep setting the torch to the tissue of fabrications. Truth Against The World.
    There is nothing the matter with Americans except their ideals. The real American is all right; it is the ideal American who is all wrong. ~G.K. Chesterton

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Druids were never a society? You've got to be joking. Other civilizations back to the Greeks even recognized them as such.
    No they didn't. The society was that called 'Keltoi' , Britons, Belgae, or Gauls (and other similar terms) by Greeks and Romans. Druids were their caste - that Romans and Greeks might have misinterpreted some functions as 'priesthood' does not mean that the Druids should be interpreted as just so (in Greco-Roman categories.)

Druidism predates Christianity if that's what you are talking about. The Greeks were writing documents about the Druids and their Gods, long before any Christian document.
    It would be 'gods' - 'Gods' is a lexical error. If you mean that Druidism predates the organisation of the Church: yes, as Christianity is a historical religion. However, Christianity as a faith and many pre-Christian faiths are harder to differentiate. (Note here I don't mean Protestantism, which is not Christianity, but another religion based upon rejection of much in Christianity.) St. Augustine of Hippo noted that himself when he called Christianity the most ancient Faith - it was the faith of the most ancient men: the true Myth (the Incarnation of the Christ being its fulfillment, not its beginning.)

I'm not finished with you, and won't be. I have little tolerance for fabrication, ignorance, or bone-headedness. Truth Against The World.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Estonia Estonia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Fendigaid
    Sorry, but this is just another autogenic revisionism. Again, the Druids were not a religion .

Yes, and again you'll have to eat crow for dinner.

So we don't get into "My religion is better than yours" stupidity, I've provided you this evening with some readings by non-partisan intellectuals who had the curiosity to study Northern history before the Lord Jesus Christ, the Jewish carpenter, came to save us all and show us how to sacrifice ourselves to the Abraham stories.

Pliny the Elder, in his Naturalis Historia (XVI, 95),

"The Druids...hold nothing more sacred than the mistletoe and the tree on which it grows provided it is an oak. They choose the oak to form groves, and they do not perform any religious rites without its foliage..."
    The earliest surviving Classical references to Druids date to the 2nd century B.C.E.

Diogenes Laertius, "Vitæ", intro., 5:

"Those who think that philosophy is an invention of the barbarians explain the systems prevailing among each people. They say that the Gymnosophists and Druids make their pronouncements by means of riddles and dark sayings, teaching that the gods must be worshipped, and no evil done, and manly behaviour maintained."
    http://www.morien-institute.org/kendrick.html

8 BC - Diodorus Siculus’Histories

"V, 28, 6 The Pythagorean doctrine prevails among them (the Gauls), teaching that the souls of men are immortal and live again for a fixed number of years inhabited in another body. "

"V, 31, 2-5 And there areamong them (the Gauls) composers of verses whom they call Bards; these singing to instruments similar to a lyre, applaud some, while they vituperate others. They have philosophers and theologians who are held in much honour and are called Druids ;"

I'll let you argue with neutral Historians for the time being.
    All of the above historians were non-partisan, neutral observers.

Both these Greek and Roman historians and writers, and the Druids they describe, precede the Jewish Carptenter, The Lord Jesus Christ, and his start up religion by many years.

Mel Gibson founded his own little Christian based cult-religion, and that is his right. All religions are cults of one size or another, and nothing is wrong with a cult. Size of a religion can just mean they've used more oppression and swords. It doesn't mean the actual people believe the crazy stories.

Religion, by definition, is not logical, it is irrational. Faith is good.

Many people argue about Religion because it is irrational at it's basis. The function of religion in society is to provide a rational basis by which to decide to participate in irrational actions - such as Prayer. The two, logical Thought and irrational Prayer, go hand in hand to maintain a balanced and free Mind.
    Last edited by Haplotype I; Tuesday, December 13th, 2005 at 04:13 AM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yes, and again you'll have to eat crow for dinner.
    I haven't yet had to eat crow.

]So we don't get into "My religion is better than yours" stupidity,
    The premise you began with - especially in setting up a false dichotomy based upon feigned history.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplotye I
    I've provided you this evening with some readings by non-partisan intellectuals who had the curiosity to study Northern history before the Lord Jesus Christ, the Jewish carpenter, came to save us all and show us how to sacrifice ourselves to the Abraham stories...
    Pliny the Elder
    Classical references to Druids
    Diogenes Laertius
    Diodorus Siculus
    .. neutral Historians... All of the above historians were non-partisan, neutral observers.
    Your insistence upon their being 'non-partisan' or 'neutral' doesn't make it so: in fact, they are all 'authorities' of societies in competition with the Celtic societies. These writings are on the order of the 'noble savage' genre: part of the propaganda produced by the Greco-Roman world to excuse their aggressive expansion into the North/West/Central parts of Europe. These proof-texts still do not support your claims: they simply illustrate that there were people bearing the label of Druids in Celtic society: being interpreted by Greeks and Romans through their own provincial filters (and not hard evidence of being an organized religion, or of having any conflict with Christianity.)

Again, I sense a Seventh-Day or Sabbatarian upbringing? Your caricature of Christian theology is very much after the Adventist Protestant tradition. I noted the following errors particularly:

Jesus being 'Jewish' (a post-diaspora term)
    Jesus being a carpenter (a Medieval misunderstanding of the Greek 'ho technon')
    That salvation is for 'all' (rather than 'for many', the Latin 'pro multis' accurately reflecting the original Greek and Aramaic.)
    The idea of 'sacrificing oneself' is particularly pagan rather than distinctly Christian (especially with substitionary atonement, that sort of sacrifice is no longer required according to Christianity.)
    I could continue - but that is only part of the issue: the more important one being the attempt to cull the heritage of a significant group of people for your own personal ends. If you're going to make claims about Christians and Druids: better have your fact-checking straight first with us who are Christians and Druids.

Mel Gibson founded his own little Christian based cult-religion, and that is his right.
    No he didn't - Gibson is a Traditional Catholic - it is not autogenic, but rather a continuation of Catholicism without the errors (or abuses in the name) of Vatican II.

All religions are cults of one size or another, and nothing is wrong with a cult. Size of a religion can just mean they've used more oppression and swords. It doesn't mean the actual people believe the crazy stories.
    Sure, unless the religion has no root in reality, and is basing its origin in false accusations of supposed wrongs against the same group it claims to 'represent'. And, no - size of religion is no indication of coercion or duress. The story of history is that humanity will willingly die for their beliefs - and willingly adopt what is often 'more true'/'works better' in the long run. Which is why the wise course of action with religion is to stick with something that has been around for more than a few centuries.

The whole 'the victors write the history' whining by the losers is particularly onerous, as the losers have actually been writing the history for more than a few generations ('Loser history' and the 'Multi-Cult' are tools of the assault on Western/European civilization.) If we're going to talk about 'who killed who' - there is no record of any Druid being killed by any Christian: Druids were killed, however, by other pagans (Roman especially). Christians were foremost the victims of Jewish aggression, Roman pagan persecution of Christians was instigated and fomented, according to the records, particularly by Jewish political concerns (as a protected minority in the Roman Empire.) Even with the Crusades, Christians have always been best at killing other Christians - the relatively few pagans having died at Christian hands having been persecutors of Christians previously (and being almost all in the East - particularly Africa and Asia.) IOW - it should be the expected outcome of a battle: someone is going to get killed.

Religion, by definition, is not logical, it is irrational. Faith is good.
    Again - I detect Adventist teaching: religion and faith are not opposing or distinctive ideas, but are rather facets of the same thing (religion being the orthopraxy of faith's orthodoxy.) Religion is not inherently illogical or irrational (except for fundamentalist forms.)

Many people argue about Religion because it is irrational at it's basis. The function of religion in society is to provide a rational basis by which to decide to participate in irrational actions - such as Prayer. The two, logical Thought and irrational Prayer, go hand in hand to maintain a balanced and free Mind.
    People argue about religion for the same reasons they argue about politics, sports, brand of beer, or makes of automobiles. Ergo, it is a group function: loyalty, competitiveness, promotion of the idea (which promotes/preserves the group.) However, again, your definition of prayer betrays a certain theological provincialism: prayer in most religions is far from an irrational action. This viewpoint misunderstands the catechetical and didactic function of prayer as transformative (both interpersonally, intrapersonally, and transpersonally), as well as its contemplative nature (ie, with hesychastic prayer - which if anything, purifies one to be truly rational.)
    Last edited by Vestmannr; Saturday, December 17th, 2005 at 08:36 PM.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Estonia Estonia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't yet had to eat crow.
    Stick around and keep coming into my Druid religion thread and you will aquire a taste for it.

The premise you began with - especially in setting up a false dichotomy based upon feigned history..
    Wrong. There is no false dichotomy, there are the Druids who were practicing their religion for thousands of years before the Judeo-Christians and their Semitic book arrived.

Your insistence upon their being 'non-partisan' or 'neutral' doesn't make it so: in fact, they are all 'authorities' of societies in competition with the Celtic societies.
    Wrong, the Druids were the Celts, the Christians were never the Celts, they were All Semitic.

These writings are on the order of the 'noble savage' genre: part of the propaganda produced by the Greco-Roman world to excuse their aggressive expansion into the North/West/Central parts of Europe.
    The architecture of the Druids, eg. Newgrange, predates anything in the Christian Semitic lands, so the only savages were treading in from the Middle East with towels on their heads looking for an education.

You sure love the Semites, you can move to Lebanon if you love Christian Semites.

These proof-texts still do not support your claims: they simply illustrate that there were people bearing the label of Druids in Celtic society: being interpreted by Greeks and Romans through their own provincial filters (and not hard evidence of being an organized religion, or of having any conflict with Christianity.)

Again, I sense a Seventh-Day or Sabbatarian upbringing? Your caricature of Christian theology is very much after the Adventist Protestant tradition. I noted the following errors particularly:

Jesus being 'Jewish' (a post-diaspora term)
    Jesus being a carpenter (a Medieval misunderstanding of the Greek 'ho technon')
    Jesus was a Jewish carpenter, a 1/2 Jewish illegitimate capenter.

That salvation is for 'all' (rather than 'for many', the Latin 'pro multis' accurately reflecting the original Greek and Aramaic.)
    The idea of 'sacrificing oneself' is particularly pagan rather than distinctly Christian (especially with substitionary atonement, that sort of sacrifice is no longer required according to Christianity.)
    Jewish lies, semitic jewish lies.

I could continue - but that is only part of the issue: the more important one being the attempt to cull the heritage of a significant group of people for your own personal ends. If you're going to make claims about Christians and Druids: better have your fact-checking straight first with us who are Christians and Druids.
    Oh come on. Don't leave, I'm not finished with you yet.

No he didn't - Gibson is a Traditional Catholic - it is not autogenic, but rather a continuation of Catholicism without the errors (or abuses in the name) of Vatican II.
    Leave Gibson alone. Gibson fights for the White Race and he'll convert to Druidism, you watch.

Sure, unless the religion has no root in reality, and is basing its origin in false accusations of supposed wrongs against the same group it claims to 'represent'. And, no - size of religion is no indication of coercion or duress. The story of history is that humanity will willingly die for their beliefs - and willingly adopt what is often 'more true'/'works better' in the long run. Which is why the wise course of action with religion is to stick with something that has been around for more than a few centuries.
    Oh really? Since when did you come up with this?

The whole 'the victors write the history' whining by the losers is particularly onerous, as the losers have actually been writing the history for more than a few generations ('Loser history' and the 'Multi-Cult' are tools of the assault on Western/European civilization.) If we're going to talk about 'who killed who' - there is no record of any Druid being killed by any Christian: Druids were killed, however, by other pagans (Roman especially). Christians were foremost the victims of Jewish aggression, Roman pagan persecution of Christians was instigated and fomented, according to the records, particularly by Jewish political concerns (as a protected minority in the Roman Empire.) Even with the Crusades, Christians have always been best at killing other Christians - the relatively few pagans having died at Christian hands having been persecutors of Christians previously (and being almost all in the East - particularly Africa and Asia.) IOW - it should be the expected outcome of a battle: someone is going to get killed.

Judeo-Christainity, the worship of Semitics. Boring.

Again - I detect Adventist teaching: religion and faith are not opposing or distinctive ideas, but are rather facets of the same thing (religion being the orthopraxy of faith's orthodoxy.) Religion is not inherently illogical or irrational (except for fundamentalist forms.)
    Your radar is broken, you don't detect anything. You are probably the Adventist, whatever that is.

People argue about religion for the same reasons they argue about politics, sports, brand of beer, or makes of automobiles. Ergo, it is a group function: loyalty, competitiveness, promotion of the idea (which promotes/preserves the group.) However, again, your definition of prayer betrays a certain theological provincialism: prayer in most religions is far from an irrational action. This viewpoint misunderstands the catechetical and didactic function of prayer as transformative (both interpersonally, intrapersonally, and transpersonally), as well as its contemplative nature (ie, with hesychastic prayer - which if anything, purifies one to be truly rational.)
    The only people who argue about religion are those that don't believe in their own religion.

I think your whole foray into my Druid territory is funny. And I'm still not finished with you yet. Like a carcass in 4,700 BC, I'm going to tear off little chunks and eat you all winter long.

Welcome to Goseck, you have trespassed. It's 4,900 BC and the fires are burning....guess who's for dinner?
    Last edited by Haplotype I; Saturday, January 28th, 2006 at 10:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast