Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Question for Loki and Other Nordic/Nordish Preservationists

  1. #1
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 24th, 2005 @ 11:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Posts
    1,059
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Question for Loki and Other Nordic/Nordish Preservationists

    This is a question for Loki and others on this board who are self-described 'Nordic-preservationists.' I do not mean to belittle your conviction or trivialize your ideology, but I would like you to answer a question that to me seems irreoncilable with most tenents of any volkish ideology. The question is - what is more important to you: your sub-racial identity or your ethnic identity? Since most White Americans have no real ethnic identity to speak of, the question is moot when regarding their loyalties; however, since Loki is a Boer, I will use the Boers as an example. There is no question that the vast majority of Boers would fit perefectly within a Northwest European sub-racial mould, but most are not Nordic, and a sizeable minority exhibit phenotypes that are more typical of Central Europe and would not even be termed 'Nordish'. For instance, do you see yourself as closer to a Nordic Finn or an Alpine Boer? A Nordic Portuguese or a Mediterranean-looking Boer? (both are rare, but by no mean nonexistent). Again, no offense intended, simply curious.

    Regards.

  2. #2
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Gender
    Politics
    Putinism
    Posts
    5,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    This is a question for Loki and others on this board who are self-described 'Nordic-preservationists.' I do not mean to belittle your conviction or trivialize your ideology, but I would like you to answer a question that to me seems irreoncilable with most tenents of any volkish ideology. The question is - what is more important to you: your sub-racial identity or your ethnic identity? Since most White Americans have no real ethnic identity to speak of, the question is moot when regarding their loyalties; however, since Loki is a Boer, I will use the Boers as an example. There is no question that the vast majority of Boers would fit perefectly within a Northwest European sub-racial mould, but most are not Nordic, and a sizeable minority exhibit phenotypes that are more typical of Central Europe and would not even be termed 'Nordish'. For instance, do you see yourself as closer to a Nordic Finn or an Alpine Boer? A Nordic Portuguese or a Mediterranean-looking Boer? (both are rare, but by no mean nonexistent). Again, no offense intended, simply curious.

    Regards.
    Hello Henry,

    Good few questions. Let me try to answer...

    1. what is more important to you: your sub-racial identity or your ethnic identity?

    For myself, it would be the former. But I can only speak for myself, and not for others.

    2. For instance, do you see yourself as closer to a Nordic Finn or an Alpine Boer?

    The former.

    3. A Nordic Portuguese or a Mediterranean-looking Boer?

    Again, the former (hypothetically speaking)


    The thing is, "Boer" ethnicity is much more superficial than race, or even subrace. This ethnicity is but 300 years old. Further than that, I gladly accept a greater form of ethnicity, such as the Low Countries Germanics. The Boer people are mostly derived (more than 80% slice) from the Low Country peoples, whether it be Netherlands or Lower Saxony.

    But even further than this, I feel at ease within the concept of a greater Germanic ethnicity - taking into consideration all people speaking Germanic languages (this is not necessarily all racially Germanic). Even further (but perhaps closer in a sense) I would embrace the Nordish concept, as worded by Richard McCulloch.

    I personally find more delight in feeling a kinship with race than ethnicity. The latter is more superficial than the former, and subject to political changes.

    Kind regards

    Loki
    Last edited by Loki; Thursday, September 25th, 2003 at 10:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Gender
    Posts
    2,292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    This is a question for Loki and others on this board who are self-described 'Nordic-preservationists.' I do not mean to belittle your conviction or trivialize your ideology, but I would like you to answer a question that to me seems irreoncilable with most tenents of any volkish ideology. The question is - what is more important to you: your sub-racial identity or your ethnic identity?
    Wel, I am not a "Halstatt Nordid" nor am I from Northern Europe so therefore I am not a nordic preservationist.My ethnic identity is more important to me.There were many different "sub-racial type" Serbs that have died and fought for their fatherland and that's all that matters.

    Anyway, I like your avatar



  4. #4
    Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Milesian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 18th, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Aileach
    Gender
    Occupation
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Posts
    2,745
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    I'm with providenje on this one. Perhaps it's because like him I'm not Hallstadt Nordid, but for me my ethnic group is more important. I do feel an affinity with my own sub-racial type, but no-where near as close as my ethnic kin.A Med or Alpine or Nord Irish or Scot has more in common with me than the same kind from Scandinavia, central, eastern or southern Europe. And even though they may not be a similar phenotype, they are probably genetically more similar.

    The avatar is nice, I agree

  5. #5
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Gender
    Politics
    Putinism
    Posts
    5,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Thumbs Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Milesian
    I'm with providenje on this one. Perhaps it's because like him I'm not Hallstadt Nordid, but for me my ethnic group is more important. I do feel an affinity with my own sub-racial type, but no-where near as close as my ethnic kin.A Med or Alpine or Nord Irish or Scot has more in common with me than the same kind from Scandinavia, central, eastern or southern Europe. And even though they may not be a similar phenotype, they are probably genetically more similar.

    The avatar is nice, I agree
    It is easier for an Irish person to feel a close affinity with his ethnic group, and because of several reasons:

    1) The Irish are one of the most homogenous ethnicities in Europe -- so ethnicity almost equals race.

    2) The Irish ethnicity is very ancient, and has deep roots -- not like the Boer one which is merely 300 years old (not even).

    I am also not "Hallstatt Nordic" (who is?), but I do fall within the broader Nordish category, and look northern European (at least everyone who meets me thinks this).

  6. #6
    Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Milesian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 18th, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Aileach
    Gender
    Occupation
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Posts
    2,745
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    Yes, that's very true Loki.
    I suppose what ethnic group you belong to influences your answer to that question. If I was a Boer then I would likely have given the same answer that you did. Perhaps those who live in an ethnic group that is colonial in it's origin or at least not native to where they reside, feel more attached to their race and sub-race as it points to back home where they feel they most belong in a sense.
    Did that make any sense?

  7. #7
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Gender
    Politics
    Putinism
    Posts
    5,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Milesian
    Perhaps those who live in an ethnic group that is colonial in it's origin or at least not native to where they reside, feel more attached to their race and sub-race as it points to back home where they feel they most belong in a sense.
    Did that make any sense?
    Absolutely. And this is probably one of the reasons why racialism is more important in America than in Europe.

  8. #8
    Account Disabled on Request
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Posts
    3,345
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Post

    People who are ethnically mixed are more inclined to prefer their subrace, people who are subracially mixed are more inclined to prefer their ethnicity. Not in every case, but generally among "white nationalists" (for lack of a better word). But I'm not implying anyone is mixed.

  9. #9
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Gender
    Politics
    Putinism
    Posts
    5,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by ladygoeth33
    People who are ethnically mixed are more inclined to prefer their subrace, people who are subracially mixed are more inclined to prefer their ethnicity.
    I agree and have observed this trend. I think in most cases, this is what happens, with few exceptions. I mean, people generally support that cause to which they can best identify with in all honesty.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Gender
    Posts
    2,292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by ladygoeth33
    People who are ethnically mixed are more inclined to prefer their subrace, people who are subracially mixed are more inclined to prefer their ethnicity. Not in every case, but generally among "white nationalists" (for lack of a better word). But I'm not implying anyone is mixed.
    Good point! I've never had problems with my looks, especially with the opposite sex, although I have been "criticized" because of my nationality, comes in one ear and goes out the other



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Thursday, July 21st, 2011, 02:19 PM
  2. Nordic/Nordish sub-racial types
    By sjn in forum Nordid
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Sunday, April 23rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
  3. Nordic and Nordish Anthropology Gallery
    By Loki in forum Nordid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sunday, November 28th, 2004, 10:48 AM
  4. Nordish and Nordic
    By CanadianWhite in forum Nordid
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Friday, June 25th, 2004, 01:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •