Engraving
    Religion
    Gnesio evangelical catholick
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

World's Strongest Man

Interesting to note that the strongest men have not included much negroid or mongolid genetics. This may of course have to do with the types of skills and feats involved in the competition and the type of strength (endurance mostly, but also some explosive) called for. A recent contestant seems impossible to win, very small and young, also of mixed race, Kevin Nee. All the greatest ones have come from nordic-UP types such as from Iceland, continental Scandinavia and the baltic / balto-slavic area. Also, Jouko Ahola has been hired to play "jewish strongman" on film, very funny.

<H1 class=firstHeading>World's Strongest Man

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search
    World's Strongest Man is the most important annual international event in strength athletics. Organised by the International Federation of Strength Athletes (IFSA), it is held around the end of September each year. Thirty contestants take part across five heats; the top two in each go through to the final. The event sponsors are Met-Rx and the top prize is known as the Met-Rx Trophy. For many years the competition was dominated by the Nordic countries; however, the early years of the present decade have seen a growth in the number of strongman competitors from eastern Europe. In 2003 Mariusz Pudzianowski retained the title by the greatest margin ever recorded.
    The World's Strongest Woman contest is held alongside the men's competition. Women compete in the same disciplines as the men, but using weights which are 20 to 30 percent lighter.
    [edit]

List of champions

YearChampionHome Country1977Bruce Wilhelm United States1978Bruce Wilhelm (2) United States1979Don Reinhoudt United States1980Bill Kazmaier United States1981Bill Kazmaier (2) United States1982Bill Kazmaier (3) United States1983Geoff Capes United Kingdom1984Jón Páll Sigmarsson Iceland1985Geoff Capes (2) United Kingdom1986Jón Páll Sigmarsson (2) Iceland1987Competition not held1988Jón Páll Sigmarsson (3) Iceland1989Jamie Reeves United Kingdom1990Jón Páll Sigmarsson (4) Iceland1991Magnús Ver Magnússon Iceland1992Ted van der Parre Netherlands1993Gary Taylor United Kingdom1994Magnús Ver Magnússon (2) Iceland1995Magnús Ver Magnússon (3) Iceland1996Magnús Ver Magnússon (4) Iceland1997Jouko Ahola Finland1998Magnus Samuelsson Sweden1999Jouko Ahola (2) Finland2000Janne Virtanen Finland2001Svend Karlsen Norway2002Mariusz Pudzianowski Poland2003Mariusz Pudzianowski (2) Poland2004Vasyl Virastyuk Ukraine2005Mariusz Pudzianowski (3) Poland
    </H1>

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 10:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: World's Strongest Man

Quote Originally Posted by Nordraserei
    Pretty funny. Notice every single person on there is either European or American? I'd bet $100.00 that every single person on that list is Caucasian or predominitely Caucasian also. Doesn't involve running so I guess non-Caucasians aren't really good at it.
    Note the names of the american winners. European.

Wilhelm Reinhoudt Kazmaier .

They are even germanic.
    Last edited by OdinThor; Tuesday, December 27th, 2005 at 07:13 AM.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 24th, 2006 @ 11:10 PM
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordraserei
    Pretty funny. Notice every single person on there is either European or American? I'd bet $100.00 that every single person on that list is Caucasian or predominitely Caucasian also. Doesn't involve running so I guess non-Caucasians aren't really good at it.
    Well I once saw a American Afro (I can't recall his name ?), I believe it was against 'Magnús Ver Magnússon' that he got a heart attack while, running?

I've also once seen a Maori competing, although he was quitte robust, it didn't stand against the other competitors their robustness.

I think the Borreby strain (probably mixed with Nordid/Baltid) is dominant in these enormous powerfull men

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 @ 11:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic
    Ancestry
    Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English, Scottish
    Subrace
    Nordalpinoid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Engraving
    Religion
    Gnesio evangelical catholick
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Somerled
    Well I once saw a American Afro (I can't recall his name ?), I believe it was against 'Magnús Ver Magnússon' that he got a heart attack while, running?

I've also once seen a Maori competing, although he was quitte robust, it didn't stand against the other competitors their robustness.

I think the Borreby strain (probably mixed with Nordid/Baltid) is dominant in these enormous powerfull men
    Interesting you mention the Maori. Indeed the size, power and endurance of some polynesians and the Maori reveal how their caucasoid/europid admixture has increased their performance (along with western diets) compared to their less europid brethren.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 @ 12:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Married parent
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kasmieir(sp?) was AWESOME in his day - I remember 198-something, watching as he tore his pec clean off the connecting tendon!!!I seem to remember he was bending a steel bar around his kneck?Truly insane strength and I do believe they are all pretty much german or scandi, although theres always a scot or brit in there somewhere making an impressive showing.I saw Kasmieir (that cant be spelled right), still does commentary on the strongest man shows-still looks good - compare to Arnold (bodybuilder) -power lifters do tend to keep more muscle after retirement.I visited Dorian Yates' "official" website the other day and was shocked some kid had very respectfully written in and asked about ethnic genes "helping " create such a champion and Dorian responded that he guess he owed a debt to his mothers german genetic contribution.
    Last edited by sceagacros; Wednesday, December 28th, 2005 at 08:56 PM.

Last Online
    Friday, February 2nd, 2007 @ 10:20 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid w/ E. Baltid influence
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Occupation
    In school
    Politics
    Classical Liberal
    Religion
    Spiritualist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Grin Re: World's Strongest Man

Just to see all the Icelandic flags and names in the winners list fills me up with pride... I'm positive that Benedikt Magnússon will keep up the tradition and bring the title back home to Iceland, were it belongs, in few years
    Last edited by Krissi; Thursday, December 29th, 2005 at 10:13 AM.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 10:53 PM
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid? + East-Baltid?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    Historical Costumer
    Politics
    NS leanings
    Religion
    Folkish Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just watched this and it was very enjoyable! Their awesome strength makes me proud. It was funny that it was in china and all but one of the guys was very caucasian, interesting contrast with the crowd! The one chinese contestant was tiny and didn't stand a chance. I like lumberjack games as well;-)
    Wake, Jotun, wake! Shake, Jotun, shake! Burn and blow, rain and snow! Wake, Jotun, wake!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krissi View Post
    Just to see all the Icelandic flags and names in the winners list fills me up with pride... I'm positive that Benedikt Magnússon will keep up the tradition and bring the title back home to Iceland, were it belongs, in few years
    Love watching Benedikt Magnússon doing his antics, the guy's crazy!..crazy strong
    Benni deadlifting 426..easy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ydBk...eature=related

and 440 in competition..the guy's insane haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tOxtGCrx4s