Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eyebrows, beard, and body hair matching head hair

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I have a question..

It it common for northern europeans to have really dark eyebrows with really light hair? I've met a lot of people from Norway and even Sweden and a lot of those people have natural blond hair but have dark eyebrows (almost black) and even eyelashes. Is this typical?

What about natural light hair on the head but dark hair on the other parts of the body?

Last Online
    Sunday, December 24th, 2006 @ 11:10 PM
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Does Hair color matter

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola_Canadian
    To me personally, your hair looks absolutely the same in all of the pics given above... It is natural to have lighter or darker shades - in the end it is just a pic...
    Thats true

It is obviously a different issue when you see guys with dyed blond hair while their eyebrows are dark as hell... There is no harmony in that, eh? As example some "skandinavian guy" who tries to follow the standard -
    Although this fellow probably dyed his hair, and on him it looks unharmonous, it isn't uncommon to have blond hair with dark roots (I don't mean bleached) also the eyebrows are not much related to the headhair.

Bodyhair pigment is mostly different as the haircolor of the head, usually the hair on the arms and legs is lighter while eyebrows and pubic hair are mostly darker as the headhair (at least with most North/Central Europeans).

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 20th, 2020 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Northern Type
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Prince
    Thats true

Although this fellow probably dyed his hair, and on him it looks unharmonous, it isn't uncommon to have blond hair with dark roots (I don't mean bleached) also the eyebrows are not much related to the headhair.

Bodyhair pigment is mostly different as the haircolor of the head, usually the hair on the arms and legs is lighter while eyebrows and pubic hair are mostly darker as the headhair (at least with most North/Central Europeans).
    Well, that is completely wrong... No doubt that the body (say chest) hair can be darker (but not totally different from the head hair)...

However, the facial hair (like beard and eyebrows) must have the same color as the head hair... The shade may be different, but it is impossible to have natural blonde beard having dark top head hair or vice versa... Also it is ridiculous to have the roots of the head hair darker... This happens only when you dye your hair...

If you dye your hair, it is initially same color, however the roots become darker as the hair grows so that the non-dyed hair (roots) reveals that this is not a true blonde... True blonde on the other hand has the same color of the entire hair... This is an axiom...

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 03:15 PM
    Subrace
    Skando-Nordid->CM
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Well, that is completely wrong... No doubt that the body (say chest) hair can be darker (but not totally different from the head hair)...

However, the facial hair (like beard and eyebrows) must have the same color as the head hair... The shade may be different, but it is impossible to have natural blonde beard having dark top head hair or vice versa... Also it is ridiculous to have the roots of the head hair darker... This happens only when you dye your hair...

If you dye your hair, it is initially same color, however the roots become darker as the hair grows so that the non-dyed hair (roots) reveals that this is not a true blonde... True blonde on the other hand has the same color of the entire hair... This is an axiom...
    My facial hair grows out blonde(Light) like when i was a kid, although my head hair is medium - dark blonde.

My chest hair is a mix of Light brown and Blonde, Armpit hair is entirely Blonde, Pubic region is mainly Blonde

My Blonde hair is recessing and has been since the age of about 11. Maybe my head hair will soon be light brown.. maybe i will retain my Blonde facial hair(I hope)

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2007 @ 05:25 PM
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid/Nordid-Atlantid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Deutschnational, Pangermanisch
    Religion
    Agnostiker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AW: Does Hair color matter

However, the facial hair (like beard and eyebrows) must have the same color as the head hair... The shade may be different, but it is impossible to have natural blonde beard having dark top head hair or vice versa.
    You're wrong, it's perfectly possible to have ,for instance, dark hair and a light beard. My father's head hair is dark brown (today rather grey ) and it was already dark brown in his youth, but surprisingly his beard is of a pretty light reddish blonde. Even I have a reddish-blonde beard or at least round my mouth and chin although my head hair is middle or dark brown since my youth (before it was blonde). I've also seen people with dark almost blck eyebrows and natural light blonde hair so...

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 03:15 PM
    Subrace
    Skando-Nordid->CM
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Re: AW: Does Hair color matter

Quote Originally Posted by Swebe
    You're wrong, it's perfectly possible to have ,for instance, dark hair and a light beard. My father's head hair is dark brown (today rather grey ) and it was already dark brown in his youth, but surprisingly his beard is of a pretty light reddish blonde. Even I have a reddish-blonde beard or at least round my mouth and chin although my head hair is middle or dark brown since my youth (before it was blonde). I've also seen people with dark almost black eyebrows and natural light blonde hair so...
    I agree. For example, alot of Scandinavians have light - medium brown hair often have blondish beard. It looks nice. I think a colour contrast that would look strange, would be Black hair with Blonde beard, as they don't blend. Whereas Blondes/Light browns intertwine.
    I also see alot of Brown haired people with Reddish beard.
    Like i say, I myself have dark Blonde hair, but my facial hair growth is predominantly Light Blonde.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 20th, 2020 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Northern Type
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swebe
    You're wrong, it's perfectly possible to have ,for instance, dark hair and a light beard. My father's head hair is dark brown (today rather grey ) and it was already dark brown in his youth, but surprisingly his beard is of a pretty light reddish blonde. Even I have a reddish-blonde beard or at least round my mouth and chin although my head hair is middle or dark brown since my youth (before it was blonde). I've also seen people with dark almost black eyebrows and natural light blonde hair so...
    So they have really good hair dyeing... Nothing else...

E.g.
    Francois Botha

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just to put something in regarding the "discrepancy" between facial hair and head hair thing-- my boyfriend has dark blonde/light brown hair and his beard is red-a kind of darkish red, but red nonetheless. i think it's kind of an odd combination.
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Last Online
    Sunday, May 6th, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Occupation
    Student / Web Designer / Bum
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Jesus the Christ Lord and Savior
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Eyebrows, beard, and body hair matching head hair

Frederick Barbarossa was blonde with red facial hair, was he not? At least that is what I heard from one of my professors.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 06:37 AM
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Eyebrows, beard, and body hair matching head hair

My hair (when I had hair) colour is or was reddish brown to blondish.
    My beard is dark brown but many of the hairs are blonde at the roots and darken as they grow. Interespersed throughout I find totally blonde hairs. Eyebrows and eyelashes are dark though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast