Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the Bosnian Hill Actually an Ancient Pyramid?

Last Online
    9 Hours Ago @ 08:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,038 Posts

Re: Bosnian Pyramid?

Could it be that "pyramid" is another word for "you believe in anything"?

One might have thought that the Ice Age Bosnian pyramid story would collapse like a bad soufflé, but no. Mainstream media has become somewhat more critical of stories emanating from Visoko, but much of the real work in dissecting the claims has appeared on blogs and message boards, such as The Hall of Ma'at (see "Pseudoscience in Cyberspace"). Unfortunately, the mainstream folks haven't picked up on much of this. Meanwhile, the professional community has become more outspoken, notably with a recent field trip to the site by Anthony Harding, who is president of the European Association of Archaeologists, and in response to a proposed UNESCO mission to the site.

First off, by way of summarizing it all, we are still awaiting any credible evidence that these hills are man-made pyramids and that they date to the end of the Ice Age. That's the big claim, and the burden of proof is on those making it. Semir Osmanagic says, "It's such a huge construction undertaking that the only answer is, yes, this is the work of a supercivilization" (see "Pyramid Scheme" in the July/August issue of ARCHAEOLOGY; abstract here). But where are the artifacts? Where are the settlements in which the people lived? Where are the dates?

"Not any evidence at all has been found," says Harding, quoted by the Associated Press. "I've seen the site, in my opinion it is entirely natural." But the same article, widely carried with slight variations (here is one example), still describes Osmanagic as "the amateur Bosnian archaeologist who has been investigating Latin American pyramids for 15 years." The conclusions reached by him, that the Maya originally came from outer space, identify the kind of researcher Mr. Osmangic is, but that's ignored by the reporter.
    Further reading: Archaeology.org
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Meanwhile, the professional community has become more outspoken, notably with a recent field trip to the site by Anthony Harding, who is president of the European Association of Archaeologists, and in response to a proposed UNESCO mission to the site.
    Hehe! I used to know him. He's a right miserable b*****d... But fair. And a damn fine archaeologist.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Bosnian 'pyramid' created by nature, say European experts

http://www.physorg.com/news69133877.html

Stone blocks believed by Bosnian researchers to be part of Europe's first pyramid are nothing but a natural formation, European experts said after examining the hillside site near Sarajevo.

"My opinion and the opinion of my colleagues is what we saw was entirely geological in nature," said Anthony Harding, head of the European Association of Archaeologists.

Harding, a professor of archaeology at the University of Exeter in Britain, was speaking here after a brief visit Thursday to the hills near Visoko, a town some 30 kilometres (19 miles) north of Sarajevo, where excavation work has been taking place since April.

"Further work of the same kind would simply produce the same results. I don't think it would change any view about what the nature of the hill is," he told reporters.

The excavations on two pyramid-shaped hills covered by vegetation near Visoko were initiated by Semir Osmanagic, a self-styled Bosnian explorer.

Osmanagic has said he believes that the hills hide the first pyramids to have been discovered in Europe, claiming they were built many thousands of years ago by an unknown civilisation.

While most Bosnians are hopeful that pyramids will be found, a group of the country's archaeologists and historians have dismissed Osmanagic's mission as a "farce".

So far experts have unearthed a number of large stone blocks at several locations on the larger of the two hills and part of a surface paved with regularly shaped small stone blocks on the other.

"You'd be surprised how many natural stone formations can look as if they are man-made," Harding said of the findings.

However earlier on Friday, an Egyptian geologist working with the Bosnian researchers said that the "structure" was a pyramid similar to those in his homeland.

"I believe it is a pyramid," Aly Abd Alla Barakat, of the Egyptian Mineral Resources Authority, told AFP.

Listing the evidence for his claim, Barakat said the sides of the hill were "precisely oriented" towards the four points of the compass and that stone slabs discovered at the site had been "polished by man".

"The white stuff I found between the blocks could be a glue. It is very similar to that we have found in the Giza pyramids," he said.

He called for a massive international research project on the site.

Barakat said he had sent a report on the site to one of the world's leading Egyptologists, Zahi Hawass, who had recommended him to the foundation leading the excavation work.

Last Online
    Friday, August 25th, 2006 @ 01:04 PM
    Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu
    Hehe! I used to know him. He's a right miserable b*****d... But fair. And a damn fine archaeologist.
    Calling him fair was a joke right? It would of course be impossible to be both miserable and fair at the same time.

Sure there are some weird alternative theories floating around outside of the "mainstream," but to have any faith in the average academic who thinks the ancients were more or less savages who worshipped the sun and moon and who practiced mere rites of passage is absurd and an attack on Aryan history. It is not so difficult to believe that there were pyramids in Europe (aren't there some in Greece?) since, and I'm betting that most "academics" are ignorant of this fact or would rather forget it, many heathen temples were either mountains or on mountains. This fact is deeply cemented in our very lore from Scandinavia to Greece and beyond.

Just because it doesn't have inner heating and electricity does not mean it wasn't "man-made." But this goes well beyond this one site. Quite frankly, I am so tired of this campaign to belittle everything within Europe and praise everything foreign. As a folkist I must insist that those who have a consistent track record of anti-Aryanism, as many "academics" do, must be shunned by all like-minded folkists. For if we do not defend the ancient then how can we defend our present folk?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian
    Calling him fair was a joke right? It would of course be impossible to be both miserable and fair at the same time.
    I don't see the contradiction. Harding is a humourless man, or at least reserved with those not admitted into his intimacy. I suppose that's not a crime, but me and him didn't 'hit it off', that's for sure. We're different classes, and from different parts of the country... Either way, he's a conscientious, punctual and tidy person! [It's clear enough why we didn't gel!]
    Sure there are some weird alternative theories floating around outside of the "mainstream," but to have any faith in the average academic who thinks the ancients were more or less savages who worshipped the sun and moon and who practiced mere rites of passage is absurd and an attack on Aryan history.
    I don't know about 'average academics' but the good ones in the reasonably prestigious university I attended don't fit your simplistic image.
    It is not so difficult to believe that there were pyramids in Europe (aren't there some in Greece?)
    News to me. Can you tell me more? Suffice to say, I'm intensely sceptical.
    since, and I'm betting that most "academics" are ignorant of this fact or would rather forget it, many heathen temples were either mountains or on mountains. This fact is deeply cemented in our very lore from Scandinavia to Greece and beyond.
    Is it?
    Just because it doesn't have inner heating and electricity does not mean it wasn't "man-made." But this goes well beyond this one site. Quite frankly, I am so tired of this campaign to belittle everything within Europe and praise everything foreign.
    Come on! This is a funny shaped hill! Nobody's ever noticed it before.
    This is not a part of some trend [which you rightfully condemn, however!]
    As a folkist I must insist that those who have a consistent track record of anti-Aryanism, as many "academics" do, must be shunned by all like-minded folkists. For if we do not defend the ancient then how can we defend our present folk?
    But we should be discerning as to what it is we defend from our ancestors, making absolutely sure that it IS TRUE!
    And you are adopting your values system from non-northern sources, from the Fertile Crescent.
    You are praising huge gaudy engineering projects that were prompted by vicious megalomaniac despots, and executed by back-breaking slave labour.
    I would sooner praise our own more tasteful and intricate constructions.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Dr. Robert Schock (of water erosion on the Sphinx fame) has posted on the Coast to Coast AM website that he is going to Bosnia and try to determine if this pyramid is man-made or natural.

Last Online
    Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu
    ICome on! This is a funny shaped hill! Nobody's ever noticed it before.
    This is not a part of some trend [which you rightfully condemn, however!]
    I have lost patience for those who condemn the trend but then immediately crawl back to the same people and the same institutions responsible for that "trend" (it's really much more than a mere trend since going on for centuries now!) like a sick dog. If they are wrong and indeed they are then we need to condmemn them fully and not partially or "on our own convenience."

There is more and more evidence that these are not just funny shaped hills with convenient tunnels and tiles.

But we should be discerning as to what it is we defend from our ancestors, making absolutely sure that it IS TRUE!
    And that means not dismissing something at the drop of a hat.

And you are adopting your values system from non-northern sources, from the Fertile Crescent.
    You are praising huge gaudy engineering projects that were prompted by vicious megalomaniac despots, and executed by back-breaking slave labour.
    I would sooner praise our own more tasteful and intricate constructions.
    And here is the motive for your dismissal which is not objective. How do you know from where my values are derived? How do you know how and by who something was built, especially that which you just claimed was NOT man-made?

Last Online
    Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(Here are just a few examples)

Pyramids in Greece including the oldest known pyramid

http://www.grecoreport.com/pyramids_in_ancient_greece.htm

http://www.ancientgr.com/Unknown_Hellenic_History/Eng/hellenic.htm

Italy

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyritaly.html

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=8hb919eio93m2?tname=p yramid-of-cestius&sbid=lc10a

Ireland

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyrireland.html

Additionally, the fact that ancient European temples and palaces were built on or around mountains and hills and cliffs is well-known. This was followed by construction of castles or fortresses. In every lore that I’ve read the dwelling place of the “gods” was the mountains. Even the Titans and Giants were on mountains. And the Nine Worlds of the Norse are descriptive of mountains. In fact in every tradition throughout the world there are divine beings who came down to earth on top of mountains, who were born on mountains, who reside in or on mountains, etc.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian
    (Here are just a few examples)

Pyramids in Greece including the oldest known pyramid

http://www.grecoreport.com/pyramids_in_ancient_greece.htm

http://www.ancientgr.com/Unknown_Hel...g/hellenic.htm
    There's only one picture, and even that's far from conclusive.

This just doesn't convince me.

Oh Dear... The word 'credulous' comes to mind. They're just hills!!! I know a hill in Scotland that looks ten times more like a pyramid - but I'd better not tell you where, as it might end up on one of these sites!

How come the Romans never noticed them, anyway?

I've been to Newgrange. Inside and around it! Only a fool would connect it with pyramids.
    Additionally, the fact that ancient European temples and palaces were built on or around mountains and hills and cliffs is well-known. This was followed by construction of castles or fortresses. In every lore that I’ve read the dwelling place of the “gods” was the mountains. Even the Titans and Giants were on mountains. And the Nine Worlds of the Norse are descriptive of mountains. In fact in every tradition throughout the world there are divine beings who came down to earth on top of mountains, who were born on mountains, who reside in or on mountains, etc.
    And in the valleys, at springs, on the plains, at sea, in bogs and on the coast...
    Liminality is often the key aspect.
    But this has little to do with the claim of hitherto undiscovered pyramids in Bosnia.
    And that means not dismissing something at the drop of a hat.
    Or accepting them likewise...

Have you seen these pyramids? Why are you so ready to accept what some nutter types on his website?
    How do you know from where my values are derived?
    I'm sorry, that was a little rash of me. But it does seem that for you it is necessary that your ancestors built huge impressive pyramids, in order for you to be proud of them.
    Ancient Europeans built some pretty big things [see Silbury Hill for an English example, and I'd be pleased to hear of such things in Germany or elsewhere]] but it seems clear enough that without civilisation [in the true sense of the word] you don't get the Pyramid of Khufu.

Last Online
    Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread has reached absurd proportions of the "armchair archeologist." I don't know how dismissing everything at the drop of a hat can be somehow pro-European.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast