Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best-Looking Heads: Dolichocephalic or Mesocephalic?

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/UP
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question The Best-Looking Heads: Dolichocephalic or Mesocephalic?

Is it just me, or don't women find dolichocephalic heads attractive?

I live in a place where dolichocephalic and mesocephalic heads are the rule (I won't say where that is, though some of you know I'm sure), and guys with extremely long heads don't get much attention from women.

To be sure, high brachycephals look like freaks here, and struggle as well. But it seems that it's the high mesochephals and low brachycephals who are designated as the best looking.

Obviously, face shape is as much, if not more, relevant. But I find that extreme dolichocephals also have extremely narrow faces, which don't exactly make hearts flutter. They also tend to be quite skinny and lanky in the body - again, not a big hit with the ladies.

I'm not pretending this is an entirely serious thread. It's not based on any research, just personal observations.

I got thinking about this when one of my friends was making fun of her boyfriend because his head stuck out so much at the back. This woman has no idea about anthropology, and wouldn't even know what dolichecephalic means. She's a Halstatt Nordic herself, and even occasionally complains about her own small (she says small, but she actually means narrow) head.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

There may be truth to your observations, although it is hard to tell from a masculine point of view. Maybe some females could fill us in here...

I personally think it may have more to do with the total facial appearance - whether it appears more or less masculine. Females usually go for the more masculine types. I also think different women may have different tastes when it comes to this.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Interesting thoughts, Polak. I'm sure that there have been "attractiveness" studies conducted in past. Perhaps I'll dig around and see what I can find.

In the meantime though....

I've read many times that facial and body symetry is very important in attractiveness and this seems to hold true the world over irregardless of race or culture.

Surely, as you mentioned, facial features are more important than cranial ones. Also, as Loki stated, the more masculine and man's face is (up to a point anyway) the more attractive this hypothetical fellow is likely to be. I think we can all agree that UPs or UPs blended with Nordic or Med tend to be more masculine looking: strong brows, deep & rugged jaws, deep-set eyes, and an overall robust appearance in face and bodily constitution.

Not that I'm a big TV watcher (other than the weather and baseball ) but I was flipping around one night and I came across one of those silly "reality" TV shows that are so popular now here in the Colonies. Anyway, it was one of those ones where there was a lovely female picking her mate from a field of 30 or so strapping young lads. Other than the one token Negro (who was ousted pretty quickly much to my approval!) I was amazed at the racial composition of the remainder of the contestants. Though there were various other elements involved, there was a common theme of a rugged UP strain in all the men roughly corresponding to the traits I mentioned above. Some were Med/UP some were A-S or another Nord/UP type.

As for cranial type, it might be little more difficult to reckon. I would hazard a guess and say that yes, folks who are either hyper-dolichocephalic or hyper-brachycephalic may not be as "attractive" as other who are more in the 'middle of the road', so to say.....probably because there aren't as many people at either end of the CI spectrum.

Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Here's a site about the documentary "the Human Face" that is on TLC sometimes. It's a very good documentary about physical attractiveness (narrated by Jon Cleese )

http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence...humanface.html

On what makes a face attractive: http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence...les/mask.html#

Also check out: http://www.beautyanalysis.com/index2_mba.htm
    Last edited by Ominous Lord Spoonblade; Monday, September 15th, 2003 at 06:13 PM.
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

As for a guy's headshape, hard to say. Not round, but not too long I have never seen an extremely round-headed guy that I found attractive. I could say though, I'd take more long-headed over really round-headed anyday.

I think what is more important is this "ruggedness" factor. Rugged = good Probably stems from men being the protectors and providers. A man with a strong jaw and brow looks more strong and capable than a man with more feminine features. I've noticed I seem to be more attracted to older guys. Even many male celebrities seem more attractive as they reach their 30s than when they are in their early or mid-twenties. I think it's because overtime their features become more rugged and pronounced (up to the point where they start to get grey and wrinkley that is haha)

Matthew McConaughey is a good example (see the lovely attatchment )

And when he was younger (not as attractive as he is now, but still a nice sight )

Though I've known some women who seem to like the more "gentle" looking men. I can't explain this strange phenomenon
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

<----I think this is an attractive face. But I may be biased.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vanessa, You think like a normal female IMO.Many women your age usually want a "fancy-boy" with highlights, and dances like a mo-fo a la Justin Timberlake
    thanks to MTV.Good for you.

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'll never understand those girls who like little non-threatening pansy-boys. I couldn't respect a guy who I could beat up

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I would also agree that the head isn't really what girls look at when they have to judge on the attractiveness over a man, as long as the head isn't somehow extraordinary odd shaped. It's the facial features and the whole look of the face, including - subconsciously - if a face is narrow or broad.

I myself didn't notice anyone other's head shape nor my one, before my mother told me one day that she cared for my long head and preserved it when I was a baby and the skull still soft enough to get deformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenson
    [...] those silly "reality" TV shows that are so popular now here in the Colonies.
    Not only there, not only there... :anieyes

Hmm... when thinking of this topic and TV I must refer to the fact that the members of the Simpson family have short skulls while Fry (and also the alien Leena!) of "Futurama" are dolichocephalic.
    This observation, by the way, also withdraws the foundation of all theories that Fry was the elder Bart.

Please notice the short heads:

And here the long heads:

Last edited by Nordgau; Monday, September 15th, 2003 at 08:33 PM.

Last Online
    Saturday, February 5th, 2005 @ 01:44 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    ?
    Politics
    Progressive Aryan
    Religion
    Progressive Aryan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think Fry is Dolichocephalic, Mickey Mouse on the other hand is a real Dolichocephalic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast