Liberal
    Religion
    Methodist (Christian)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Maps of Y & mtDNA Haplogroups of Europe and the World

I heard that R1b could also be representative of the Centum Indo-Europeans.. Although, the experts say that R1b is Cro-Magnon.. Here is a whole thread from FamilyTreeDNA and DNA-forums about R1b confusion..

https://www.familytreedna.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2890

http://dna-forums.org/index.php?showtopic=329&st=100
    Wielki i starożytny rodzaj, wy zgnietliście podstępnych wrogów. Z starożytną mistyczką może, złączoną byłam waszymi hałasami..

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 01:24 AM
    Subrace
    Pontid and East-Baltid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Open happy Relationship..
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Methodist (Christian)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Haplotype I View Post
    R1a - Eastern Europe
    R1b - Western Europe

Stage 6. is most advanced, modern genes, European of course.
    Many South Asians, Europeans, Caucasus Mt. people, and Central Asians have this DNA..
    Wielki i starożytny rodzaj, wy zgnietliście podstępnych wrogów. Z starożytną mistyczką może, złączoną byłam waszymi hałasami..

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Polity capitated per constituent
    Religion
    a priori dialectic thelema/odal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What I don't like about the inital map in the first post, is that it separates the subclades R1a & R1b broadly into different colors. Yet it doesn't separate I into I1a & I1b, which have the same amount of genetic difference. This would similarly place them into the north & east of Europe respectively, as R1b is to the west & R1a is to the east.

Stage 6. is most advanced, modern genes, European of course.
    Many genes have extended markers giving them just as many mutations without having a different inital SNP, making them "just as modern". Simply because there are a greater amount of SNP mutations, does not mean that another haplotype doesn't have a greater amount of STR mutations. Also, mutations can be for better or worse; they really only represent how well those individuals could breed, not their otherwise socially creative influence on civilization.

Haldvan

On the first page someone posted Y Haplogroups markers definition.
    I don't see what mean MTDNA Haplogroups markers???
    Have somebody any definition?

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 @ 03:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Westfalen
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmocreator View Post
    Then how do you explain Marker J?
    http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.p...0&d=1133582658

Found from Persia to Mideast Arabs to Georgia-Armenia to Turkey to Italy. Are we to assume that somehow it just jumped over Greece?
    Actually , ancient greeks were J also

Quote Originally Posted by Klegutati View Post
    Many South Asians, Europeans, Caucasus Mt. people, and Central Asians have this DNA..
    Yes, but it is not the same branch as the one found in Europe (M269)

Last Online
    Saturday, April 7th, 2012 @ 08:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    Icelandic, Finnish
    Subrace
    Trønder
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Married parent
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaico View Post
    The Haplotype I is only majoritary in Sweden and Norway. Iceland, Denmark and England are majoritary Western European (R1b).

Tiny bits in Persia? Tiny bits are found (and not so tiny in many cases) are found all over Europe and in some regions of the Indian sub-continent.
    This is a much belated response but anyhow here goes;

Haplogroup " I " has many subclades, but if you are talking about generic " I " then Bosina Herzegovina and southern Croatia have the highest levels in all of Europe moreover the World >70%.

Last Online
    Monday, August 20th, 2012 @ 07:47 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Norway, Netherlands, Germany
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Single adult
    Politics
    My own;o)
    Religion
    catholic& pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeopteryx View Post
    This is a much belated response but anyhow here goes;

Haplogroup " I " has many subclades, but if you are talking about generic " I " then Bosina Herzegovina and southern Croatia have the highest levels in all of Europe moreover the World >70%.
    Yes - but HG I2 not I1 - lil`different between the southern branch, which was a part of the north when they conquered europe from south to north, they just moved backwords to south.

Last Online
    Monday, August 20th, 2012 @ 07:47 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Norway, Netherlands, Germany
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Single adult
    Politics
    My own;o)
    Religion
    catholic& pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Galaico View Post
    It may, but it is not necessary. Having the R1b haplotype means that your ancestors on your male linage are of West Paleo-European origin. Terms such as Celtic or Germanic are more meta-ethnic, cultural and linguistic than racial.

It is true that among people of Celtic heritage, the R1b haplotype is found at very high rates (80%-100%), but the R1b haplotype is also majoritary in most Germanic countries:
    Germany ~45%
    Bavaria ~50%
    Denmark ~52%
    The Netherlands ~45%
    England ~60%
    Iceland ~48%

It is only found at low rates in Norway (30%) and Sweden (23%), and as you can see not so low.

Last Online
    Monday, August 20th, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany/Italy/Croatia/Norway/Iceland/England
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Grandparent
    Occupation
    Transportation
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Judaism is a RELIGION

Judaism is a religion, and while presently it does not proselytize, it once vigorously did seek converts while undergoing its reformation attempts (hence Monotheist Judaism, fused with Paganism, Greco Roman Mythology such as Demigods (Jesus and Saints) = Christianity) and does welcome converts. Even if a family has been Jewish for centuries, it does not necessarily mean - that they are biologically / genetically Semitic.

Aside from that, when Jean Auel wrote her Earth Children series, it was hypnotized that Neanderthals could not speak or vocalize. That has since been disproved. Science is based on Hypothesis. When I was a girl humanity was said to be only about 10,000 - 20,000 years old.

The earth was considered flat once, and Columbus discovered it was round, as well as being credited for discovering there is a rest of the world. Well then, why are there Pyramids, Ziggurats, and similar structures predating his discoveries?

James Michener in "The Source" makes mention that the Israelites stormed into Israel and Canaan, and they were blood thirsty Barbarians, with blond hair and blue eyes, as they descended upon hapless villages, and slaughtered every living thing, prior to moving into a conquered city.

Michener in my opinion is very credible, because he was a historian. When he turned into a commercially successful author he employed a vast staff of historians and archaeologists, to do research on whatever topic he wrote about.

It could well be that we have the world turned upside down, as far as the human migration patterns are concerned. If I was a barbarian fleeing the ice age, I would be migrating to warmer climates, like places in India and Africa? As a matter of fact I know plenty of Germans, as well as Americans who spend all their vacations in sunny, and or tropical locations - today.

Not to mention the earth has shifted, continents have drifted and broken apart, and the people of today, are not necessarily the same people that inhabited certain lands - eons ago. Case in point, the Americas.

As for group J / Jasmine - that would predate Arabs (modern term) Judaism (the Israelites split into different tribes, and 10 are lost to history entirely) Christianity (Modern adopted Monotheism from the Jews, who borrowed it from the Egyptians) and Islam is a young nation as well. J is Moot, entirely irrelevant to the politics or geo riches of the area today. Just as moot as are all the other groups. Humanity is in constant flux and migration, driven by climate, and the need to survive, more than by Geography.

Besides it is a general concensus that all humanity climed out of the same primordial ooze someplace between India and Africa. Or wherever the sun and the environment was being the nicest, at that very pivotal moment.

If we as humans didn't mix it up, trade information and technology, we would have died out, let alone never evolved. As I see it, Monkeys have not gotten any smarter, or evolved at all in the same time span as humans.

We are; what we identify closest with, in our own life time, and belong where we are born. The world is shrinking, populations are exploding, the earth is shifting, resources are dwindling, continents are sinking, and the ring of fire is exploding. The human migration is far from over.

One thing is for sure, racists no matter who they are - tend to die out, and go extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffersonian View Post
    Remember, there are peoples of J Haplotype who are not Jewish and they are just as German as anyone. Many Jews are as well having been participants of the development of our wonderful nations.

All Europeans without exception have ancestors who lived in the Middle East within the last 12,000 years. Being a mix of Paleolithic ice age survivors and Neolithic agriculturalists who immigrated from the Middle East around 10,000 BC. Our heredity is about 80% ice age survivor and 20% agriculturalist. Divisions of "white" and "non-white" in Eurasia is political, not genetic.

Both components of our 80/20 mix are responsible for the development of Europe's culture and advances. Give credit where it is due.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, July 25th, 2011 @ 05:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Franco-American
    Ancestry
    Frankish, Langobard, Scots, Norman, Goth, Bretagne, Bavarian, English.
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Happily married
    Politics
    Meritocracy
    Religion
    Unusual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I like Michener a great deal, as well, but he wrote well before molecular genetic studies were published.

And blue eyes have been around for less time than was thought, when he was writing. 6000-8000BP is the current estimate.

Current blue-eyed Jews are less likely to share the Y-chromosome markers that link Jewish males to a common male ancestor (who is also the common male ancestor of Arabs, just as the Bible states). Naturally, there is quite a wide variety of genetic material in contemporary Jews living in Israel, but the fact remains that it is highly unlikely that the people who demolished Canaan were blue-eyed and blonde-haired.

Although, if true, that would be some fast-moving and definitely hellbent-on-conquest sort of people, moving more rapidly southward than any other blue-eyed population yet studied.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast