Thread: Dutch ϟϟ-Mann, Hubertus Bikker, 88, to Go on Trial in Germany

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs Down Dutch ϟϟ-Mann, Hubertus Bikker, 88, to Go on Trial in Germany

BERLIN (AP) - An 88-year-old former member of the Nazi SS will go on trial next week for the 1944 killing of a Dutch resistance fighter, a court in northern Germany said Friday.

The trial of Dutch-born Hubertus Bikker will open next Wednesday at the state court in Hagen, the court said. Doctors on Friday deemed Bikker medically fit to stand trial.

Prosecutors accuse Bikker of killing Dutch resistance fighter Jan Houtmann in 1944. According to the indictment, the 27-year-old Houtmann was injured while trying to escape a labor camp in the Netherlands, and was lying on the floor of a nearby barn when Bikker caught up with him.

The SS man pulled his pistol and shot Houtmann, saying ``and now a good death,'' according to the indictment.

Bikker was convicted in the Netherlands after the war and sentenced to life in prison for crimes including torture, deportation and treason, but escaped in December 1952 and fled across the border to Germany, where he has lived ever since.

The former Nazi, who was granted German citizenship during World War II for his service to Hitler's Third Reich, was protected under a law preventing Germany from extraditing its citizens.

Dutch prosecutors sought for decades to have Bikker returned and helped German prosecutors build a case against Bikker.

The SS, short for Schutzstaffel, was the dreaded paramilitary unit of the Nazi party. It was used as a special police and involved in some of the worst crimes committed in Nazi-controlled territory during World War II.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Bloody German Nazis. Send them to prison where they belong.

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Bloody German Nazis. Send them to prison where they belong.
    Only those fake kaaskop Nazis, please.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Account Inactive friedrich braun's Avatar
    Last Online
    Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Danish Nazi 'should face trial'

Danish Nazi 'should face trial'

A Danish court has ruled that an 83-year-old former Danish SS officer, now living in Germany, should be charged over a wartime murder.
    Soeren Kam, who fled to Denmark after World War II, is wanted in connection with the death of a Danish journalist in 1943.

A court in Copenhagen said Mr Kam should be handed over to the Danish authorities to face charges.

It is not clear whether Denmark will request his extradition.

Mr Kam was a member of a Danish branch of the SS known as the Schalburg Corps. He is suspected of assassinating Carl Henrik Clemmensen, a newspaper editor who was kidnapped and shot dead in a Copenhagen suburb in 1943.

The allegations arise from evidence given by another Danish Nazi - Knud Flemming Helweg-Larsen - who was executed in 1946 for his part in the killing.

Mr Kam has become a German citizen since fleeing to the Bavarian city of Kempten.

The Bavarian authorities have previously rejected requests from the Danish Justice Ministry for Mr Kam to be prosecuted or extradited.

Story from BBC NEWS:

Eikþyrnir
    I am surprised that the Bavarians did not capitulate to the Request by the Ministry of Justice. The article did not mention what proof the court supposedly has agianst this man. It also fails to mention if this editor did something to earn his death, perhaps he was killed because he was a spy, traitor or enemy of the Danish people? I fail to see the point in extraditing the 83-year-old man to face "justice" when he will probably not live very much longer anyway, and he has lived in peace for over half a century and most probably has a family there and all. It seems that once one is branded a 'evil nazi', you better count your lucky stars because you don't have much chance in this 'democracy'.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    There's an article in the BRD constitution which forbids to turn German citizens over to foreign states. Oddly enough, that even in this state with its quasi-official "anti-fascist" ideology and with the whole political climate and ideological mentality of the postwar Germans at least of thre last decades, that article indeed had or still has in many single cases of "Nazi criminals", who were persecuted and demanded through courts of other states, the effect that nothing happened to them as long as they stayed in Germany.

However, there were modifications in the last years, things like that turning over German citizens is now possible when it's other EU states or the international tribunal. I also think that the modus for Germans, who were in Germany, but who were wanted by other states because of crimes (now regardless of the special case of "Nazi criminals"), always was that German courts had to deal with their case then.

The justice anyway does what it wants.
    Man ſei Held oder Heiliger. In der Mitte liegt nicht die Weisheit, ſondern die Alltäglichkeit.

SPENGLER

Account Inactive friedrich braun's Avatar
    Last Online
    Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The justice anyway does what it wants.

Then it is not justice but its antithesis, i.e. an officially sanctioned state of arbitrary lawlessness.